ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Doing Poorly Again

Lol bro you’ve sounded like a lunatic for the past week.

Purdue with young guards that can’t handle pressure losing a game vs a team that pressures with speed guards.

In a tournament that’s all about guard play with a HC that turns into a simpleton in March.

FDU winning isn’t completely shocking tbh.

Or are we acting like major upsets don’t happen each year? A 15 or 16 has been doing damage in the tournament for the past couple years…
Whatever helps ya sleep at night! 😛
Yes, but that has nothing to do with the thread's original intent, which was simply how we were doing on Thursday.

Can you please respond to my other post asking you how many B1G teams in the elite 8 and sweet 16 would be considered a success?

8 teams were in, how many need to advance?

TIA
It honestly doesn't matter too much, but at least would help a bit to regain a modicum of respect for our conference. As for tonight, I don't see Penn State or Maryland winning against Bama or Tex. Mich State probably has best chance. The Purdue loss is the worst choke in college hoops history. Some say one of worst chokes in all of sports. FDU lost previous game to Merrimack, who was just D2, and FDU is smallest team in ALL D1! A choke job for the ages. Purdue was the conference's signature team. The Big Daddy. Losing to FDU will tarnish conference's total bids for sure next year, and maybe longer.

It honestly doesn't matter too much, but at least would help a bit to regain a modicum of respect for our conference. As for tonight, I don't see Penn State or Maryland winning against Bama or Tex. Mich State probably has best chance. The Purdue loss is the worst choke in college hoops history. Some say one of worst chokes in all of sports. FDU lost previous game to Merrimack, who was just D2, and FDU is smallest team in ALL D1! A choke job for the ages. Purdue was the conference's signature team. The Big Daddy. Losing to FDU will tarnish conference's total bids for sure next year, and maybe longer.
Not sure why you aren’t answering.

For the B1G to have a successful tournament, how many need to make the sweet 16 and how many need to make the elite 8?

1, 2, 3, 4, or 5?

Reactions: William J. Leggett

This is the first post of yours that I actually agree with

You know, if you weren’t trying so hard to be an attention seeking douchebag all the time you might actually add value to this board

Your decision

And yet again, the majority on this board is proved wrong. Many of these same fans can't even engage in a cordial discussion. Instead they default to instant invectives and vitriol, and end up being wrong as well. It's actually pretty comedic.

And yet again, the majority on this board is proved wrong. Many of these same fans can't even engage in a cordial discussion. Instead they default to instant invectives and vitriol, and end up being wrong as well. It's actually pretty comedic.
One of these posters challenged me to a fight, another called me words I can't repeat here or it will be me who probably gets in trouble. Where are the mods??? I guess they only listen to the mob.

Reactions: RutgersSam
All that matters is that the Big Ten teams that got in are better than the teams they left OUT. You are comparing them to teams they lose to who are in. Now for seeding.. that's another matter. But seeding is all over the place.

The Big Ten was very good and very competitive both in OOC play and even in the majority of the losses so far. Yeah.. Purdue really stands out but so did Virginia and Arizona and 2 teams who lost to Princeton. Michigan State and Indiana still have a shot at the Sweet 16 but it is going to be hard. In many of these games you could flip a coin.

I have heard it said before that the way the Big Ten has the refs call games hurts us come tournament time. Pure shooters can get manhandled and thus have less value to Big Ten teams than many of the teams they end up playing come tournament time.

Though I have noticed that some teams that foul early and often.. like Tennessee and Houston have been rewarded by refs who just stop calling them after awhile. And then they have to start making calls on teh opponent to "even things up"... but even then.. when the whistles go silent, it is the rough teams that have the advantage. And that runs counter to the earlier argument about the Big Ten refs.

More numbskulls will post that I'm an idiot, BIG deserves 10 bids lol. Pure comedy!
Who should have gotten in over teh 8 Big Ten teams? Let's see your list. Then tell me how well they would have done with the same seeds the Big Ten teams had.

All you have is an opinion. 4 teams will lose in the First Four.. 32 in the First Round, etc etc. You tell me which teams should have been invited who would still be hanging around.

You want to replace Big Ten teams with other teams who would largely lose? Possibly to teams who lost in their first two rounds?

Who? Tell me.. who replaces whom and how do you see them doing in those same slots?

Your argument is complete nonsense.

Maryland played a number one seed and Penn State split with the mighty Big 12. Today there are better matchups. Sorry forgot A"M is SEC.

I’m excited to see what happens with UCLA basketball.

When they join the conference, is Cronin going to have to shift things up from a style of play perspective.

They’ve been successful in March recently, is that going to continue after joining the B1G.

Regardless idgaf what happens in March. I find B1G basketball 10 times more entertaining than these other leagues and it’s not close.

I am not rooting for teams in our conference just so the conference gains respect. We are not in the old big East.

As fans its natural to over estimate the talent of your favorite team and the league they play in.What really matters is matchups and style of play.The B1G TEN simply doesn't have the talent as compared to previous seasons/decades because of the style of play.The difference maker type players prefer a uptempo game with players that can create and make shots off the dribble.The B1G TEN offers grind out games where defense is the priority and games are usually won scoring less than 70 points.The SEC and the B1G 12 clearly are the best conferences because their teams have more players than can score from the 3 point line and off the dribble.They also can play defense.

The b10 is down to 2 teams this year. Purdue who dominated the conference all year just had the worst loss in history. The two teams left may not even make it to next weekend. Last year only 2 teams made it to sweet 16 where again Purdue had a terrible defeat to a 15 seed. The year before the b10 got many high seeds into the tournament (2 one seeds, two 2 seeds, 4 seed) and only one team made it to the s16.

The b10 hasn’t won in over 20 years while b12, acc, big East, sec have multiple titles. The conference has suffered some of the worst upsets (Purdue many times, Illinois to Loyola, Ohio state to oral roberts, Iowa many times). Idk how anyone can argue the conference isn’t overhyped and overrated and the style doesn’t translate to match success.

Purdue v Fairleigh Dickinson -- 98% -- Loss
Indiana v Kent St. -- 65% -- Win
Northwestern v Boise St. -- 50% -- Win
Northwestern v UCLA -- 24% -- Loss
Michigan St. v USC -- 56% -- Win
Maryland v West Virginia -- 44% -- Win
Maryland v Alabama -- 24% -- Loss
Iowa v Auburn -- 40% -- Loss
Illinois v Arkansas -- 36% -- Loss
Penn St. v Texas A&M -- 35% -- Win
Penn St. v Texas -- 29% -- Loss

Actual wins 5
Expected wins 5.01

Where my dopes at???? #single game results are irrelevant but you don’t know that cause you’re a dope# you with troll friends breathe easy brudda

Purdue v Fairleigh Dickinson -- 98% -- Loss
Indiana v Kent St. -- 65% -- Win
Northwestern v Boise St. -- 50% -- Win
Northwestern v UCLA -- 24% -- Loss
Michigan St. v USC -- 56% -- Win
Maryland v West Virginia -- 44% -- Win
Maryland v Alabama -- 24% -- Loss
Iowa v Auburn -- 40% -- Loss
Illinois v Arkansas -- 36% -- Loss
Penn St. v Texas A&M -- 35% -- Win
Penn St. v Texas -- 29% -- Loss

Actual wins 5
Expected wins 5.01
If the big ten has a 35-45 percent win prob in all these 7-10, 8-9 games, seems we should interpret this to mean the computer thinks the big ten is weak to begin with.

If the big ten has a 35-45 percent win prob in all these 7-10, 8-9 games, seems we should interpret this to mean the computer thinks the big ten is weak to begin with.
These percentages are from Torvik, and he has conference ratings that have the Big Ten #2. But again, a lot of that was because we only have one really bad team. It’s not that the top of the conference was really strong.

I’d have to take a look but I think the big ten got matched up with some teams that Torvik thought were under seeded

Michigan State won and hopefully Indiana, Some people then can shut up.
Their fans would not be rooting for us trust me. They are happy we did not make the tourney. But everyone can root for whoever they want no need to call people names if they don’t root YOUR way.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Their fans would not be rooting for us trust me. They are happy we did not make the tourney. But everyone can root for whoever they want no need to call people names if they don’t root YOUR way.
Yes...you absolutely have the freedom of choice to root for things that hurt the school you root for

Congratulations genius

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT