ADVERTISEMENT

Bisontis to Announce Sunday, 5:00

If it’s A&M, this kid better be real good with the way they are recruiting. If MSU, that’s a kick in the nuts since Tucker sucks. I just don’t see the draw of that school for local kids, but know a number of friends that sent their kids there. The timing reeks of disappointment.

Reactions: Scarlet83
If it’s A&M, this kid better be real good with the way they are recruiting. If MSU, that’s a kick in the nuts since Tucker sucks. I just don’t see the draw of that school for local kids, but know a number of friends that sent their kids there. The timing reeks of disappointment.
It’s more than the timing.

We have seen this many times over the years with Rutgers potential recruits. Just not sure but it’s not for the lack of trying by this staff.

5 predictions for aTm, guess the check cleared
Not so fast my friend.
This guy is going to be making big, big dollars in the NFL in a few years. Not sure a few thousand dollars in NIL money from A&M is going to bring him to the barren flatlands in Texas.
Playing in front of his family and friends at RU might be more important.

• Haha
Reactions: newell138
Not so fast my friend.
This guy is going to be making big, big dollars in the NFL in a few years. Not sure a few thousand dollars in NIL money from A&M is going to bring him to the barren flatlands in Texas.
A few thousand dollars, no. But a few hundred thousand dollars?

Reactions: Jimpeg
Not so fast my friend.
Let's just see if he can even crack the roster at A&M first. Smells like a future decommit or transfer early on. My old company had an office in College Station and a few NJ folks moved there. Maybe 1 is still there. It's not for everyone.

Not so fast my friend.
Okay eliminate the check part I was being funny, like Saban was. The 5 predictions are facts including the national guy’s Wiltfong and Dohn. If their wrong hit me back, I’ll donate to either the R fund or to a charity of your choice. I’m not happy about it but it looking bleak

Let's just see if he can even crack the roster at A&M first. Smells like a future decommit or transfer early on. My old company had an office in College Station and a few NJ folks moved there. Maybe 1 is still there. It's not for everyone.
The only Northeast recruits over the last 4 years to go there were 2 or 3 from Philadelphia.
Don’t see it happening

barren flatlands in Texas
TAMU and College Station culture is not for everyone. Yet some are drawn to it.

College Station-Bryan, if still holding true from when I heard this trivia about 20 years ago, is apparently the largest metro in the country without an interstate highway running through it.

We have seen this many times over the years with Rutgers potential recruits. Just not sure but it’s not for the lack of trying by this staff.
Vernon Rollins the first one I remember and many more after him.

TAMU and College Station culture is not for everyone. Yet some are drawn to it.

College Station-Bryan, if still holding true from when I heard this trivia about 20 years ago, is apparently the largest metro in the country without an interstate highway running through it.
Must be a lovely place…halfway between Waco and Houston. lmao

C'mon Chase....give RU a chance. We went through a lot of trouble to import all this hot air the last couple weeks because we heard you like it as hot as Texas! Go Chase! Go RU!

Reactions: KevH
A few thousand dollars, no. But a few hundred thousand dollars?
Highly doubtful … show your proof
I am referring to respected posters who have cited figures like $450K for Bisontis. I can neither prove nor disprove

I do believe that a six figure payment is far more likely that four. I say this because of Ryan Day's public statement that in this brave new world, he would need an annual budget of $13MM to compete. Assuming 85 scholarship players, that's about $150K per.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
If the money is right the college is right, most players will follow the dollar’s and I don’t blame them at all , they can fly there parents in on 1st class for the games , or they can have there parents sit in traffic on the turnpike to and from home games at RU, it’s unfortunate but it’s reality.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Whichever way this goes our lives go on regardless. It does not make us richer , wiser or better for how Chase Bisontis chooses. After all how many times have we all did this. The wringing of the hands is no longer appropriate. Would love for him to choose Rutgers but none of us can truly predict. Remember in 2022 $$$$ does the talking.

Reactions: KevH
they can fly there parents in on 1st class for the games , or they can have there parents sit in traffic on the turnpike to and from home games at RU, it’s unfortunate but it’s reality.
I'm confused, are you insinuating that the plane flies right to Kyle Field or other stadiums? Wouldn't they still have to drive and sit in traffic to those places as well?

I'm confused, are you insinuating that the plane flies right to Kyle Field or other stadiums? Wouldn't they still have to drive and sit in traffic to those places as well?
Who knows these days maybe the teams helicopter will drop them off at a private tailgate, just frustrated my friend, the goal posts seem to be moving back as RU makes progress.

Reactions: koleszar
Since when is "Texas A&M" a blue blood and CFB elite?

Everyone against NIL said it would only benefit the elites.

Texas A&M is proof of how NIL can benefit Rutgers - depending on the alumni and donors.

We aren't (potentially) losing a recruit because he wants to compete for national championships or making CFP or competing for conference championships.

We lose those recruiting battles and have no response. Can't fake our way to a more successful history (unless you're Pitt and claim 74 championships).

There is no barrier to competing and taking recruits through NIL.

Since when is "Texas A&M" a blue blood and CFB elite?

Everyone against NIL said it would only benefit the elites.

Texas A&M is proof of how NIL can benefit Rutgers - depending on the alumni and donors.

We aren't (potentially) losing a recruit because he wants to compete for national championships or making CFP or competing for conference championships.

We lose those recruiting battles and have no response. Can't fake our way to a more successful history (unless you're Pitt and claim 74 championships).

There is no barrier to competing and taking recruits through NIL.
Our history with donors is poor

A@M donors always provided before the NIL

It makes sense that this puts us further behind in the recruiting game

it could change as time goes on, but I don’t see it now

Who knows these days maybe the teams helicopter will drop them off at a private tailgate, just frustrated my friend, the goal posts seem to be moving back as RU makes progress.
I know how you feel. Just as Rutgers starts investing in Athletics and the ball gets rolling, they change the rules. I'm getting to the point of apathy.

The more people think about this the less people are sympathetic towards it. Is this about keeping up or realizing this is a bad idea with no end in sight. How much longer before people realize amateur sports are totally gone. How soon do we start paying the 12-18 yr. old kids. There will always be proponents of this type of policy but forget to realize it will destroy any innocence left in amateur sports. It benefits only some . Where is the equity here?

NIL at least gives a fighting chance
Before NIL, we weren’t competing for ships

Now w NIL, we need a donor or dinors to step up
Could be people, corporations, businesses, etc

If we got a Phil knight, t bone Pickens, Jimmy Rand, Ben Hill Griffin or Al Dunlap, we’d all be singing a different tune

Hopefully Pat and co are aware of this and are actively working to find that person / people - if not, get used to 7/5-8/4 and the occasional 9/3-10/2 every 7/8 years (and frankly that could be very generous)

Rutgers will have to make a deal with the Saudis to compete in the Big 10.
We need money and lots of it real soon. Change SHI to LIV and make it happen.
We have to be in a war footing and not be reactive. We have to get out of 1869 mindset.

I am referring to respected posters who have cited figures like $450K for Bisontis. I can neither prove nor disprove

I do believe that a six figure payment is far more likely that four. I say this because of Ryan Day's public statement that in this brave new world, he would need an annual budget of $13MM to compete. Assuming 85 scholarship players, that's about $150K per.
Again this caliber of player is going to be making much bigger dollars ( huge vs. NIL} in just 3 or 4 years in the NFL.
I get it that A&M has deep pockets and is probably throwing close to 6 figures in NIL $$$ to a senior in HS.
Rutgers too is offering something in NIL money I am sure. You would think playing at home in front of family & friends each weekend would have some intrinsic value to a young player and might offset some of the NIL difference.

The same coach that won 11 games last year, you might not like him but he got the job done. I will take a coach that sucks and wins 11 games.

The chance to play in front of family and friends, please, that sounds so OOs. The kid is going to whoever is going to pay him and his family the most money. If it is Rutgers it is simply because we have arranged enough NIL $s to get the job done.

It's the money and it's A&M. The joke is there is very little difference in a booster handing the kid a suitcase full money and suitecase full of money labeled NIL. The NCAA better figure out a way to get NIL dollars out of the recruiting process. Perhaps no NIL deal can be put in place until after enrollment.

Reactions: superfan01
The same coach that won 11 games last year, you might not like him but he got the job done. I will take a coach that sucks and wins 11 games.
One flash in the pan season does not make a coach. His overall W-L record as a HC in college football is 18-14, with 2 losing seasons and one winning season.
If that was the case, Kyle Flood should have been given a longer leash. Will give him credit for 11-2, but he won 23-20 in OT against a crappy Nebraskas, barely beat a horrific Indiana 20-15, and beat a weak Penn State 30-27. Before proclaiming Mel the next Bear Bryant, let's see how he does without Kenneth Walker III. Because they had a tough time against Pitt in their bowl game with Pitt playing 3rd string QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT