ADVERTISEMENT

Boston College Party Plans

Any chance that this game sells out? I want go, but I may not know if I can go to the game until two days before the event.

Any chance that this game sells out? I want go, but I may not know if I can go to the game until two days before the event.
Would be surprised if they get more then 35k in the house
Haven’t looked on SH but have to imagine the get in price can’t exceed $30

Talked to my daughter today. Probably gonna do the weekend in Boston. RU game then Fenway on Sunday. Locals should all be out on the Cape for a last hoorah . Now to get work straight so I can go.

Reactions: William J. Leggett
Won’t be close to 30k in the BC stadium.
Hard to tell.
A lot of excitement around the program with Hafley seemingly having BC on the upswing. An old time opponent from the Big East. BC has about 10,000 undergrads and 15,000 students total--don't know how many students will show.

Think 30,000 is definitely possible based on RU traveling well and BC's past attendance on Labor Day weekend openers

Pre-pandemic:
2019 opener on Labor Day Weekend against Va Tech, they had 35,000 announced.
2018 opener against UMass, they had 30,000 announced

In 2021, they had 29,000 announced against Colgate in the season opener. But as we know, announced and in the stands are two different things. Here's a second half picture of the Colgate game last year:
boston-college-eagles-mascot-baldwin-ap-photo-1597182040.jpg

But crowd looked decent here:

Any idea when RU is going to send out our tickets? Paper/Digital? Bought what feels like months ago, haven't received.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Tickets in Section P, right next to the RU allotment in "O," but 1/2 the section much better seats, are going for $12. Anyone choosing to sit with BC fans, not "allowed" to wear Rutgers gear and cheer for the team, has got to be kidding me...sorry....just the way I see it. Not a "conundrum" at all Mike! LET'S GOOOOOO!!!!
Where have you seen them for $12?

Where have you seen them for $12?
StubHub is deceiving. When you add in the charges, the tickets are more expensive. There were a couple of scattered tickets that cheap that are gone.
The option to order from Rutgers is no longer on ScarletKnights.com .
We ordered directly from BC. 7th row behind the Rutgers bench. Should be plenty of RU fans there. Those seats were not available on StubHub or the secondary sites. Another benefit is the tickets are electronic and will be sent by e-mail.

Any idea when RU is going to send out our tickets? Paper/Digital? Bought what feels like months ago, haven't received.
Maybe @RU#1fan can check with the ticket rep, or if you have one, call your rep.
It's another reason we did not bother to order through Rutgers. Scarletknights.com indicated the tickets would be mailed, and based on past waiting and nailbiting when season tickets used to be sent by courier/UPS, did not want to play the waiting game.

StubHub is deceiving. When you add in the charges, the tickets are more expensive. There were a couple of scattered tickets that cheap that are gone.
It's not "deceiving." OF COURSE there are "fees" everyone knows that much. Point still stands: as of the day I posted that, in Section P, there were tix available STARTING AT $12 +fees. Geeze Louise! Today they start at $22 in that section PLUS FEES lol...still cheap AF!

BC - RU

We'll probably call our rep today or tomorrow. My family voted unanimously to wear red to the game. They were kind of mad that I even suggested otherwise.
lol...I mean com'on you had to know that was coming!!

BTW I could have SWORN that I added the link to that post the other day, sorry!

It's not "deceiving." OF COURSE there are "fees" everyone knows that much. Point still stands: as of the day I posted that, in Section P, there were tix available STARTING AT $12 +fees. Geeze Louise! Today they start at $22 in that section PLUS FEES lol...still cheap AF!

BC - RU
In TM and StubHub, you can view the ticket prices with and without fees. StubHub fees are usually a minimum of 10-15 bucks. Anyways, we bought tickets 7 rows behind the RU bench through BC with the tickets delivered via e-mail. From what Is saw this weekend, we could not order through RU, and I did not want to sit around waiting for them to arrive by "mail" as they described delivery.

Katylin; my Rep; said tickets will be mailed one week before the game.
Look in your mail.

Hard to tell.
A lot of excitement around the program with Hafley seemingly having BC on the upswing. An old time opponent from the Big East. BC has about 10,000 undergrads and 15,000 students total--don't know how many students will show.

Think 30,000 is definitely possible based on RU traveling well and BC's past attendance on Labor Day weekend openers

Pre-pandemic:
2019 opener on Labor Day Weekend against Va Tech, they had 35,000 announced.
2018 opener against UMass, they had 30,000 announced

In 2021, they had 29,000 announced against Colgate in the season opener. But as we know, announced and in the stands are two different things. Here's a second half picture of the Colgate game last year:
boston-college-eagles-mascot-baldwin-ap-photo-1597182040.jpg

But crowd looked decent here:

Decent?
Joking I hope.
upper deck and sidelines are empty.

Yep
In town this week for vacation w the family

Daughters first time here
Doing all the Fenway stuff today

Boston is our favorite city
From the people, accents, food, fandom, culture & history

Absolutely love this place
We have dinner reservations late evening on Friday in Little Italy. Where else should we go in Boston for lunch as my kids (Teenagers) haven't been to Boston

Yeah I'll never understand this to be honest but that's your choice. I'll choose knowing for certain that I'm sitting with RU fans, than "better seats," every time.
Same here. Something special about being with the hardest of the hard core RU fans at an away game, especially when we win and can serenade the home fans as they dejectedly walk out of the stadium.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
We have dinner reservations late evening on Friday in Little Italy. Where else should we go in Boston for lunch as my kids (Teenagers) haven't been to Boston
Quincy Market had a lot of nice outdoor lunch spots. North end has some great dinner spots if you like Italian (not sure if they offer lunch). Also, the wharf has a lot of great seafood options and is right on the water.

Or, if they're into sports, head over to the Bleacher Bar in center field of Fenway. Great view of the field and a decent menu.

Quincy Market had a lot of nice outdoor lunch spots. North end has some great dinner spots if you like Italian (not sure if they offer lunch). Also, the wharf has a lot of great seafood options and is right on the water.

Or, if they're into sports, head over to the Bleacher Bar in center field of Fenway. Great view of the field and a decent menu.
North End is Little Italy so sounds like they're going there already.

The Seaport district has totally been re-done and is very nice as well. There are plenty of restaurants in that area. Back Bay is really nice kind of like the UES/UWS of Boston with all the brownstones. Lots of restaurants there as well.

North End is Little Italy so sounds like they're going there already.

The Seaport district has totally been re-done and is very nice as well. There are plenty of restaurants in that area. Back Bay is really nice kind of like the UES/UWS of Boston with all the brownstones. Lots of restaurants there as well.

No good bars or restaurants near BC/BU/NU?

No good bars or restaurants near BC/BU/NU?
As many times as I've been to Boston I haven't been to Chestnut Hill/BC. From what I understand not much over there except for City Tavern which has been brought up previously.

Both BU/NU are right by Fenway so plenty of bars there. Cask 'n Flagon is the most known and always a good time. Jay mentioned Bleacher Bar which is best view as it sits in Fenway. Game On very good. Really anything on Landsdowne St. If you like craft beer Trillium now has a Fenway location, they're considered one of the best craft breweries in the country.

Any suggestions for things to do on Friday around Newton? I'm staying at the Boston Marriott Newton, should arrive around 1pm. Also, any restaurant recommendations around that hotel?

Reactions: MrsScrew
Any suggestions for things to do on Friday around Newton? I'm staying at the Boston Marriott Newton, should arrive around 1pm. Also, any restaurant recommendations around that hotel?
Years ago that was where the Rutgers team stayed. I'm not sure if they still do. Anyway, there's not much out there. Your best bet would be to take a quick ride into the city on the Mass Pike and explore the seaport/Faneuil Hall or Newberry street options discussed above. If you do Faneuil Hall, The Black Rose is an excellent Irish bar with good food.

Reactions: biker7766

we're there as well. I'm going to check with friends that live in Boston and see if there is anything worth going to. We are taking the train.......get in about 330

Opposing team always has until a certain date to sell the tickets or return them to the home team. They may not be sold out........they may just be returned
Just read the email that orders had to be in by 8/14. Thx. See tickets in lower section in Q and P.

As stated earlier in this thread the ideal "spot" for us to get together, Friday afternoon/evening (they also open at 10AM on Saturday), will be CitySide Tavern:

https://www.cityside-tavern.com/

...I'll be calling to see if we can get some specials going but I'm not convinced it'll happen up there to be 100% honest lol! Fingers crossed!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT