ADVERTISEMENT

Boston College Party Plans

You going to the Riverside station?
I was on the fence about getting those on campus parking tickets for $85, but it seemed like it would be easier to park at the station. The walk from the Chestnut Hill Station seemed about the same distance as from the BC parking.
IDK yet. My daughter is touring BU on Friday so we’ll stay around that location. Meeting up with a college buddy who lives in Boston (former RU baseball player). I’m going to rely on him to get us around.

Brings back memories of waiting until the last minute for paper season tickets to arrive.
Sorry to harp on it, but the biggest reason I would not order through Rutgers.
I know I know
Getting agitated over this ….. They are holding 3000 tickets in the Visitors section and Rutgers has to wait to the last minute to Mail them out …. Why ????

I know I know
Getting agitated over this ….. They are holding 3000 tickets in the Visitors section and Rutgers has to wait to the last minute to Mail them out …. Why ????
Do we know that Rutgers got them in hand already or did they have to wait until Monday to give a total to BC to get the tickets sent. The latter option is more likely.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Some good stuff here from Hafley and his players today--this is the most info I have heard from Hafley in his pressers. He and Greg are very similar in style. McNulty is running the offense.

I have not worked out parking. We're staying I'm Newton, so maybe we can catch a shuttle from there?
Same here. Decided we'll be able to get up there for the game. I'm staying over by Logan. Quick drive to everything we plan to do over the weekend. Will work out parking soon. May take transit over but don't think so. Will take 3x as long.

Going up with about 14 others. Tailgating / pregame situation looks pretty sad so will more than likely just walk around with some beer and explore (similar to what we did at Syracuse last year). More than open to meeting up with others as well if anybody else is in a similar situation.

I have a call in to the bar listed - multiple times - in this thread. Will try them again shortly, however, thanks for reminding me!
Just to bring it forward- Cityside Tavern. Thanks for doing this!

My thought process is this:

- Friday I say we just get there early, take it over early, and stay lol! I'll call BUT not so sure they're just gonna give "us" specials the night before a game. This isn't a bowl or a city on the other side of the country. It is, also, a holiday weekend and I have no idea if students are on campus yet? Anyway they serve the lunch menu 11:30 to 4PM; "supper" 4 to 11PM; bar closes at 2AM.

- Sat morning they don't even open until 10AM (for brunch) and again, I'll ask, but I can't imagine a place like this having their brunch crew come in early to stop brunch (not regular menu) preparations for us. Again, I'll ask, no harm no foul.

North End is Little Italy so sounds like they're going there already.

The Seaport district has totally been re-done and is very nice as well. There are plenty of restaurants in that area. Back Bay is really nice kind of like the UES/UWS of Boston with all the brownstones. Lots of restaurants there as well.
Thx
I put the wrong section. Section Q, behind the Rutgers bench. Those seats are $60, and uppers in QQ and RR are $30.
I bought upper RR for $38. 50 yard line.
I enjoy bleeding scarlet red on whatever color they wear that day 😊

I just saw tickets in section R (midfield) back in row 26 for $40. I'm inclined to take those. I'm not sure how many rows, however, there are in the lower sections.

I was just looking at their site, looks like their admission policies are similar to ours, no outside food/drinks and they only allow clear bags of thecsame size as us or wristlets.

• Haha
I got an email from UPS last night saying I was getting a delivery from Rutgers today, I assume it is the BC tickets. But then I got a followup this morning saying the delivery was postponed...anyone get the same?

• Wow
Crazy to me if there's not one bar open in the area by 9am on Saturday.

Lucky if there are any Bars in that neighborhood

Out of curiosity, I called the Cityside Tavern to see if they do (or would) open before 10 a.m. for the RU/BC game. They said that they would not.

We tentatively plan to be at the Cityside Tavern at 10 a.m.

The person who answered said that one of the few placed that would be open early is The Friendly Toast, but that is 2.5 miles from the football stadium.

Reactions: biker7766
Still need to buy tix. Waiting on fam in Boston to let me know if they're going or not. I will just buy cheapest in secondary and then move around in stadium to open seats to see what looks better.

Thinking about heading up, sorry if I missed but what's the official visitors section? Would rather sit around ya'll

Thanks. Looks like going directly through BC site is cheaper than StubHub, especially for my 6 year old
Absolutely. $10 youth tickets is a great deal. I went through BC site because they e-mailed tickets and there is no waiting for UPS/mail. We also wanted to sit closer to center of field. We are behind the RU bench, which is always a good place to be.

Out of curiosity, I called the Cityside Tavern to see if they do (or would) open before 10 a.m. for the RU/BC game. They said that they would not.

I thought I had alluded to this earlier in the thread. The girl I spoke with kinda laughed at me when I said "for the football game." Let's not confuse Chestnut HIll with a B1G/SEC type of "college town" lol!

The person who answered said that one of the few placed that would be open early is The Friendly Toast, but that is 2.5 miles from the football stadium.

The Friendly Toast is a fun, quirky place with gargantuan portions of food. However, with that location, it's like eating/drinking in a suburban strip mall on the highway a couple of miles away. In no way would it feel like college town / campus / whatever. Think Rt. 18 in East Brunswick.

However, considering that they open at 8am (and serve), it would definitely fit the bill if anyone is looking for a place to hit-up first, before moving closer to the stadium (i.e. Cityside).

The Friendly Toast is a fun, quirky place with gargantuan portions of food. However, with that location, it's like eating/drinking in a suburban strip mall on the highway a couple of miles away. In no way would it feel like college town / campus / whatever. Think Rt. 18 in East Brunswick.

However, considering that they open at 8am (and serve), it would definitely fit the bill if anyone is looking for a place to hit-up first, before moving closer to the stadium (i.e. Cityside).
Just found this place and we're considering it for dinner on Friday night after our Duck Tour. Is it good for kids?

Just found this place and we're considering it for dinner on Friday night after our Duck Tour. Is it good for kids?

Depending on the age of your kids, sure. I've taken mine before. Perhaps if your kids are really young, they may not like the fact that the place can get loud (they usually have music playing).

If you're going to be in the city (Duck Tour), there are pleeeenty of other restaurants to try. Don't feel like you have to be limited to what's in/around Chestnut Hill.

Yes, I did both last time. Sit upfront on the duck boat and they’ll let the kids drive it. There is a playground across the street from the restaurant. Kids can burn off some energy. ( 12 and under kids)

Where the he## are the Tickets ?
Typical RU Ticket Office incompetence

Where the he## are the Tickets ?
Typical RU Ticket Office incompetence
See Below
We will be 4
Maybe. Thought RU's seats were in Section O? Maybe RU sold out that section and more seats were allotted in PP per @dfr1966
Just got our tickets (ordered through RU). Section PP, row 22. High up, but at least the viewing angle should be good.

Anyone else get theirs?
I quoted this from the thread you started to keep some of this discussion in one place. Hope you don't mind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT