ADVERTISEMENT

Boston College Party Plans

See Below

Maybe. Thought RU's seats were in Section O? Maybe RU sold out that section and more seats were allotted in PP per @dfr1966

I quoted this from the thread you started to keep some of this discussion in one place. Hope you don't mind.
No problem at all, I'd be curious to know where everyone else who ordered through RU ended up. I was surprised to get PP, looks like better sight lines than O though.

No problem at all, I'd be curious to know where everyone else who ordered through RU ended up. I was surprised to get PP, looks like better sight lines than O though.
Definitely. We paid a bit more for lower level, but we had considered upper level too. I checked out some seat views, and there does not seem to be any bad seats. Just not a fan of end zone seats.

Its a small stadium and is pretty well laid out for viewing. Unless you're 1st row deep in a corner. My seats are like 20yd line, field level behind RU bench,high enough view should be great. As good as my seats at home. Bought through BC. Still gotta figure out parking.

Does anyone know if I can bring a flask (of whiskey) into the stadium? Do they use metal detectors or some similar device?

Do they do that at our stadium now?

I figure that it's innocent enough.

Does anyone know if I can bring a flask (of whiskey) into the stadium? Do they use metal detectors or some similar device?

Do they do that at our stadium now?

I figure that it's innocent enough.

SHI does not have metal detectors.........yet

So what's the plan then? The Friendly Toast (assuming Chesnut Hill Location) then to Cityside Tavern?

I would be perfect if we could just get Cityside Tavern to open earlier! I have a group of 13 that want to go somewhere for pre-game.

So what's the plan then? The Friendly Toast (assuming Chesnut Hill Location) then to Cityside Tavern?

I would be perfect if we could just get Cityside Tavern to open earlier! I have a group of 13 that want to go somewhere for pre-game.
I think the Cityside Tavern is the loose, unofficial plan. Maybe we should start a thread with the title who is in for Cityside Tavern and determine an earlier plan. @AreYouNUTS , is there going to be a reserved area at Cityside?

Reactions: biker7766
I think the Cityside Tavern is the loose, unofficial plan. Maybe we should start a thread with the title who is in for Cityside Tavern and determine an earlier plan. @AreYouNUTS , is there going to be a reserved area at Cityside?
If we get a large enough crowd, do you think they would open an hour earlier?

Anyone staying in the back Bay Area and have a bar there?
Searching "bars back bay Boston open early" found:

These are all hotel bars:

The Street Bar (open 6:30 a.m.)
Oak Long Bar + Kitchen (open 7 a.m.)
Yard House (open 6:30 a.m.)

The Yard house is an 11 minute T ride on the train to the stop for the Cityside Tavern. But they all seem in proximity to each other.

Kind of odd that the bars closer to BC's stadium don't open early.

I'm hoping to get an answer on that today or tomorrow. They haven't given me a definite answer as of yet. Basically, IMHO, if we get there mid-afternoon and just take the bar over, well, how are they going to stop us? I'm hoping we can land the roof deck!

Reactions: biker7766
I'm hoping to get an answer on that today or tomorrow. They haven't given me a definite answer as of yet. Basically, IMHO, if we get there mid-afternoon and just take the bar over, well, how are they going to stop us? I'm hoping we can land the roof deck!
So your plan is for the post game, only?

I think people were looking for something pre-game in lieu of tailgate. There are bars in the Back Bay area listed above that open early.

Do you care if we coordinate something for pre-game? We (me and Mrs.) may hit up Cityside right at 10 a.m. anyway and leave around 11:30 to walk over to the stadium.

Last edited:
So you plan is for the post game, only?

I think people were looking for something pre-game in lieu of tailgate. There are bars in the Back Bay area listed above that open early.

Do you care if we coordinate something for pre-game? We (me and Mrs.) may hit up Cityside right at 10 a.m. anyway and leave around 11:30 to walk over to the stadium.
No....this is for FRIDAY afternoon/evening/night which is what most are looking to do). Obviously I'll let them know we'll be in there again on Saturday, however, no doubt! I put in an official party request (for 100+ in the upstairs bar/rooftop deck areas) through their site and will follow up, again, with a call today. Sat morning, quite honestly, I'd just show up. From what my BC buddies told me students just party in the dorms.

No....this is for FRIDAY afternoon/evening/night which is what most are looking to do). Obviously I'll let them know we'll be in there again on Saturday, however, no doubt! I put in an official party request (for 100+ in the upstairs bar/rooftop deck areas) through their site and will follow up, again, with a call today. Sat morning, quite honestly, I'd just show up. From what my BC buddies told me students just party in the dorms.
Sounds great, thanks for the efforts. We will not roll into Chestnut Hill until Saturday morning.

It’s by far the best option and I’m not done working my magic just yet. Relax.
Do you know if they have Parking?
Didn’t realize it’s a half hour walk from our Parking lot over by the stadium.
Thanks

Do you know if they have Parking?
Didn’t realize it’s a half hour walk from our Parking lot over by the stadium.
Thanks
You can walk 0.6 miles to the Chestnut Hill MBTA station Green line, take the train 1 stop to the Reservoir Station, and then walk 0.2 miles to the Cityside Tavern.

But there seems to be a decent amount of parking from the satellite view on Google maps at Cityside Tavern:

Reactions: RU#1fan
OKAY

1) He already expects us to fill the bar on Friday and can’t hold anythingfor us but said to show up by mid afternoon and they will take care of us as best as possible as we should fill the upper level.

2) They are OPENING at 9 AM on GAME DAY!!!
Nice job, party man!!

candice swanepoel party hard GIF

OKAY

1) He already expects us to fill the bar on Friday and can’t hold anythingfor us but said to show up by mid afternoon and they will take care of us as best as possible as we should fill the upper level.

You have a gift. We won't let you down.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
OKAY

Outstanding job Nuts !
Looking forward to gathering with all the RU faithful at 9:00am on Saturday at City Tavern .
Go RU !

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
You can walk 0.6 miles to the Chestnut Hill MBTA station Green line, take the train 1 stop to the Reservoir Station, and then walk 0.2 miles to the Cityside Tavern.

But there seems to be a decent amount of parking from the satellite view on Google maps at Cityside Tavern:

Knight Shift, Thanks for all the details on the City Tavern.
There looks to be plenty of street parking over there so we will park at 9:00am and have brunch/drinks and then drive over to our BC Parking lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT