ADVERTISEMENT

Btw...how about Wolf?

SirScarlet

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2001
In a game that has sooooo many fun threads to call out...I wanted to call out the huge minutes he gave us at the end of the 1st half. When he plays with confidence, he looks soooo smooth

Kids future is BRIGHT!!

howling wolf GIF

In a game that has sooooo many fun threads to call out...I wanted to call out the huge minutes he gave us at the end of the 1st half. When he plays with confidence, he looks soooo smooth

Kids future is BRIGHT!!

howling wolf GIF
I thought Woolfolk grew up today big time! This kid is tough and he has some really good basketball moves and his quickness really help us. Kudos to the young man.

Woolfolk was a huge factor in our win today. Oskar played a good role as well. I am just so happy for our guys and coaches as too many here and in the media have been ripping them for quite a while. THere were very few of us who even gave RU a chance to win today. I think we will play Purdue tough as we must outplay their guards and keep Edey at only about 20. I have faith in our guys.

Reactions: tm_nj and TRU2RU
Pike mentioned in a press conference recently that Wolf went through a rough stretch when his grandmother died. She raised him. The few weeks after her death, Wolf didnt play a lot and Dean got a lot of his minutes because Wolf was not in a mental frame of mind to focus. Sometimes we forget these guys are human beings with lives and things that are more important than basketball

Wolf was dribbling under control which is key and appeared to be waiting for someone to stop ball so he could dish it and then finally attacked when it didn't happen. Just very high bball IQ there
he gave a little look with his eyes to his left, which caused a pause for the defender...great play

Reactions: tm_nj and Scangg
Going to throw a mention to OSKAR too. Didn't score a FG, but was a factor.
Didn't even attempt a FG(did get to the line) and led the team in minutes off the bench.

Pike clearly appreciated his off the ball game today.

Never know when a guy is going step up above a plateau that he set in the previous season(I was wrong on Rieb's this year) but I think Palms has a chance to be a good player next year.

As per Wolf, like Simpson(but to a lesser extent) if this was a breakout game of sorts, that's big for RU going into the tourney. Certainly could use the big man depth.

Dickinson counts so much on pushing guys.. moving them aside with his HOOKING moves that "R" football player playing basketball standing up to him threw him off. LOVED THAT.

And Pike going to denying that Dick~ the ball and attacking him like Cliff gets attacked by, well, every other Big Ten team... that was a GREAT adjustment. That's coaching! and for the players to handle it so well.. to execute... fantastic.

Unfortunately.. Purdue and Edey will expect that from us now. But that's for tomorrow.

We beat Michigan AND the Refs today.

26ovz8.jpg

When Wolf went the length of the court and finished, he reminded me again of Derrick Walker of Nebraska who I’ve often compared Wolf to and have seen do that. But beyond that, Wolf’s game and potential so reminds me of Walker with respect to athleticism and physical stature. They are both around 6’9” and 245-250.

GREAT game by the Wolf today. Just when we needed it. Kudos to him unreserved.

Still think we have a Cliff AT 5 and Reiber at 4 rotation sometime/some matchup that could be effective.

When Wolf went the length of the court and finished, he reminded me again of Derrick Walker of Nebraska who I’ve often compared Wolf to and have seen do that. But beyond that, Wolf’s game and potential so reminds me of Walker with respect to athleticism and physical stature. They are both around 6’9” and 245-250.
That's a decent player comp

Reactions: new jersey1
Wolf was dribbling under control which is key and appeared to be waiting for someone to stop ball so he could dish it and then finally attacked when it didn't happen. Just very high bball IQ there
Actually it appeared the 2 Michigan defenders were afraid to get in front of him.

Reactions: Scangg and Kbee3
Hated seeing him lead the fast break…until he finished it.

Nice job but let’s not make a habit of that. Lol
The announcers referenced his football background, running routes as a tight end, commented on how smooth he was and said the only difference (vs running routes) is he had a basketball in his hand. It was an impressive, full court drive to the hoop with great poise.

I think Schiano will want him on the gridiron when he sees the footage of that coast to coast play. Man, that was a great comparison to a TE going down the seam.

Clap for the Wolf
He gon' rate your record high
Clap for the Wolf
You gon' dig him 'til the day you die
Clap for the Wolf (ain't that right ? Yes)
Clap for the Wolf (you love him don't you?)
Clap for the Wolf (you see what I mean fellas?)
Clap for the Wolf (just gotta)

taken from
Clap For The Wolfman
Song by The Guess Who

Hated seeing him lead the fast break…until he finished it.

Nice job but let’s not make a habit of that. Lol
His better than all those who miss layups or get stuffed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT