ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports dropped one team from each P4 conference that could make a Cinderella run to the #CFP

I was more interested in the reaction to Syracuse than I was in the reaction to Rutgers. So far I'm not disappointed.

Reactions: giguy
Pitt sucked last year. Narduzzi’s teams are sully pretty solid. Doubt they suck again

Interesting season for us and a turnaround year.

Pitt has the possibility of going 4-0 (West Virginia game at Pittsburgh) then a bye week before the North Carolina game.

Pitt's problem last year was the QB's (3 different QB tried) revolving gate (Rutgers fans have endured this situation before). If the QB situation is resolved, Pitt will be much improved. The last QB used Nate Yarnell did a decent job the last 2 games and may be the starter. However, Pitt also got a transfer Rival 4-star QB from Alabama (Eli Holstein) who was Louisiana "HS Player of the Year". If one of those QB's work out, Pitt should be respectable.

Additionally, Pitt has a new OC and OC Staff which promises a more fast paced high scoring offense.

Many moving parts here but if Pitt can get the WVU home win then things are looking positive.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Interesting season for us and a turnaround year.

Pitt has the possibility of going 4-0 (West Virginia game at Pittsburgh) then a bye week before the North Carolina game.

Pitt's problem last year was the QB's (3 different QB tried) revolving gate (Rutgers fans have endured this situation before). If the QB situation is resolved, Pitt will be much improved. The last QB used Nate Yarnell did a decent job the last 2 games and may be the starter. However, Pitt also got a transfer Rival 4-star QB from Alabama (Eli Holstein) who was Louisiana "HS Player of the Year". If one of those QB's work out, Pitt should be respectable.

Additionally, Pitt has a new OC and OC Staff which promises a more fast paced high scoring offense.

Many moving parts here but if Pitt can get the WVU home win then things are looking positive.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
On paper I love your Oc hire. I watched a few of his games last year

Reactions: Panthergrowl13
Let’s check in on Cuse after the Ohio game. That one’s no slam dunk. Ohio a decent mid major.

Pitt sucked last year. Narduzzi’s teams are sully pretty solid. Doubt they suck again
He is the poster child for mediocre. 7 out of 9 seasons at Pitt his teams have lost 5 or more games. He has more seasons where he lost more than 7 games (3) then seasons he had fewer that 5 losses(2). His average record at Pitt is 7-6.

He is the poster child for mediocre. 7 out of 9 seasons at Pitt his teams have lost 5 or more games. He has more seasons where he lost more than 7 games (3) then seasons he had fewer that 5 losses(2). His average record at Pitt is 7-6.
He’s been there 9 years. Went to 6 bowls. Finished top 3 in conference I think like 5 times. He has an above 500 record in conference and beat Clemson twice when they were at the top of college football. He is the exact type of coach that we see fans chase away every season because he can’t get over the hump. Only to find out the new shiny hire can’t win more than 5 games
You are a PSU fan. We get it, you think you have higher expectations but how many times has Franklin beaten Ohio State.

Remember when idiots were mad we took Schiano instead of narduzzi ?

Ummm schiano has a long way to go to catch much less surpass Narduzzi.
I didn't push for Narduzzi but he does have the better resume. Schiano is trending better right now but needs to get past improvement and potential and to the 7-8 win level every year with a few high outliers.

I didn't push for Narduzzi but he does have the better resume. Schiano is trending better right now but needs to get past improvement and potential and to the 7-8 win level every year with a few high outliers.
Narduzzi has finished ranked 2 of last 3 seasons

Wait ... didn't College Football News predict Rutgers would go 3-9?

I wish these "experts" would make up their minds. I can't decide whether to be excited or anxious about the upcoming season.

giphy.webp

• Haha
Reactions: Bagarocks
Guess you outed yourself as one of the ones yelling at forum posters that we needed narduzzi not Schiano. Schiano IS Rutgers.
Like I said. Show your work not your feelings. I wasn’t anti schiano but he hasn’t done anything better than narduzzi objectively speaking.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Wait ... didn't College Football News predict Rutgers would go 3-9?

I wish these "experts" would make up their minds. I can't decide whether to be excited or anxious about the upcoming season.

giphy.webp

It's all about generating clicks. The rest is just silliness.

And you outed yourself by posting feelings not facts.
Old numb nuts I said Schiano is best coach for Rutgers and he has proven that in two different stints . There are no comparison stats if that is what you are looking for . Schiano builds programs like no other and builds a great culture . He’s perfect for recruiting and NJ . He IS Rutgers. Narduzzi could not do what Schiano is doing . Go back to napping now.

Old numb nuts I said Schiano is best coach for Rutgers and he has proven that in two different stints . There are no comparison stats if that is what you are looking for . Schiano builds programs like no other and builds a great culture . He’s perfect for recruiting and NJ . He IS Rutgers. Narduzzi could not do what Schiano is doing . Go back to napping now.

Resorting to insults. It really makes you argument seem stronger.

I agree Schiano is Rutgers.

But you didn't post anything earlier but feels and an attack. Now added insults. Lame.

He’s been there 9 years. Went to 6 bowls. Finished top 3 in conference I think like 5 times. He has an above 500 record in conference and beat Clemson twice when they were at the top of college football. He is the exact type of coach that we see fans chase away every season because he can’t get over the hump. Only to find out the new shiny hire can’t win more than 5 games
You are a PSU fan. We get it, you think you have higher expectations but how many times has Franklin beaten Ohio State.

Narduzzi can get Rival 3-Star recruits and develop them into NFL caliber players. The last 4 years years Narduzzi has had 17 Pitt recruits taken into the NFL (7 Rounds). It would have been 18 if we could have counted WR Jordan Addison but he transferred after winning the Biletnikoff Award while at Pitt.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Reactions: thegock and vkj91
Ummm schiano has a long way to go to catch much less surpass Narduzzi.

I think Greg will be a good coach for Rutgers but has a way to go to demonstrate that he is a better coach than Narduzzi at this point.

Narduzzi record NCAA: 65-50.
Schiano record NCAA: 87-95 NFL Record: 11-21
Wannstedt record NCAA: 42-31 NFL Record: 82-87

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Resorting to insults. It really makes you argument seem stronger.

I agree Schiano is Rutgers.

But you didn't post anything earlier but feels and an attack. Now added insults. Lame.
Listen I’m not sure what your problem is or why you jumped into a conversation attacking me. Go root for narduzzi no one cares. I simply mentioned in my post to someone else that Schiano was the right choice for RU over Narduzzi. Obviously the powers that be also agree since they brought Schiano in and not your guy. That guy and now you are asking for stats or spreadsheets whatever to back it up. Comical . A lot of people fought hard to get greg here and I was one of them . I’m happy we got Greg 2.0 but again no one stoppping you from rooting for Pitt and narduzzi.

Listen I’m not sure what your problem is or why you jumped into a conversation attacking me. Go root for narduzzi no one cares. I simply mentioned in my post to someone else that Schiano was the right choice for RU over Narduzzi. Obviously the powers that be also agree since they brought Schiano in and not your guy. That guy and now you are asking for stats or spreadsheets whatever to back it up. Comical . A lot of people fought hard to get greg here and I was one of them . I’m happy we got Greg 2.0 but again no one stoppping you from rooting for Pitt and narduzzi.

I pointed out you made a point with no facts. Sorry if that makes you sad.

Oh and Schiano was the only guy. Not just my guy.

You keep posting your feelings though. We're all starting to feel ya. ; )

and you went from insulting me to accusing me of being a Pitt fan. You're really bad at this. Maybe try TikToc...

I pointed out you made a point with no facts. Sorry if that makes you sad.

Oh and Schiano was the only guy. Not just my guy.

You keep posting your feelings though. We're all starting to feel ya. ; )

and you went from insulting me to accusing me of being a Pitt fan. You're really bad at this. Maybe try TikToc...
I am not providing stats of Schiano vs narduzzi because that’s not what went into the decision to bring Greg back here . No one cares how many wins narduzzi had at Pitt or BC . The decision was based on a lot more than that but I told you that already but you keep asking for stats to back up Greg’s hiring. Lol. The fans and administrators that brought Greg back are very happy with that decision right now . Those like you that are still butt hurt we did not take your guy narduzzi the good news is you can still follow him at Pitt.

Show your facts nitwit.

Show your facts nitwit.
LOL I don’t have to show any facts I’ll take Schiano at Rutgers every day over your guy narduzzi. Guess you have been asleep lately and have not realized the recruiting splash he is making.

Reactions: thegock
LOL I don’t have to show any facts I’ll take Schiano at Rutgers every day over your guy narduzzi. Guess you have been asleep lately and have not realized the recruiting splash he is making.
I have no love for GS 1.0 but do appreciate 2.0

And what many are missing- this is a different beast here. Narduzzi may even be a better coach, but I am not sure he could navigate these waters..,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT