ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Cliff is back

Great news. Now work on your low post game all summer Cliff and become an All American.

Hopefully the fans who bash and constantly criticize him read the “potential All-American” part of the tweet over and over.

Awesome news. We luckily have way more classy upstanding players than those that leave a note and sneak out the back door at the last minute:

Did folks really think he wasn't coming back? Expecting him and Paul back is part of why I haven't been participating in the sky-is-falling threads; expect Paul to announce he's back too, shortly. Cam will be missed, but not that much, IMO, especially with Fernandes and Davis coming in and Simpson likely taking on a larger role. And, of course with GG on the floor. Could be a pretty damn good team.

Reactions: shields
This is great news. We really needed this. Lots to look forward to next year!

Did folks really think he wasn't coming back? Expecting him and Paul back is part of why I haven't been participating in the sky-is-falling threads; expect Paul to announce he's back too, shortly. Cam will be missed, but not that much, IMO, especially with Fernandes and Davis coming in and Simpson likely taking on a larger role. And, of course with GG on the floor. Could be a pretty damn good team.
Cam was the second best player on the team last year. He will be missed unless Gavin is a freshmen phenom

Larry David Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Cam was the second best player on the team last year. He will be missed unless Gavin is a freshmen phenom
Cam was very good, but I thought he and Caleb, Mag, Cliff and Paul were all equally important (i.e., hard to say Cam was "2nd" IMO) and I hope the best part of Cam's game (shooting) can be replaced by incoming talent and while Cam was smart and had great hands/anticipation for steals, I don't think anyone would call him a great defender, so I think we'll be better defensively with some new blood on the floor. Replacing Caleb's D on the other hand will be difficult, which is why a healthy Mag is so critical, as he was a close 2nd to Caleb on D, IMO.

Reactions: thegock
Good move for everybody, Cliff get's his degree and another year to develop. He should have a pretty good idea after going through the G league workouts as well as the individual workouts where he needs to develop.

Good move for everybody, Cliff get's his degree and another year to develop. He should have a pretty good idea after going through the G league workouts as well as the individual workouts where he needs to develop.

The problem will be the same as RHJ however. NBA development doesn't necessarily correlate with CBB role.

RHJ was our starting PF and was playing at 6'5.5"(with shoes) and 265lbs. He had to immediately lose over 25lbs once the season ended - and he stilled weighed in at the combine as one of the heaviest players (3rd highest body fat %).

Clif has already been quoted as being to work on his dribbling and specially "bringing the ball up the court".
No sure we're going to be running "Point Clif" next season. Just how far away from the basket will HC Pike put him?
We already saw "3pt Clif" this last season.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
That’s great news. I would’ve predicted he’d not be back and I’m super glad to have been wrong about that.

Reactions: MADHAT1
The problem will be the same as RHJ however. NBA development doesn't necessarily correlate with CBB role.

RHJ was our starting PF and was playing at 6'5.5"(with shoes) and 265lbs. He had to immediately lose over 25lbs once the season ended - and he stilled weighed in at the combine as one of the heaviest players (3rd highest body fat %).

Clif has already been quoted as being to work on his dribbling and specially "bringing the ball up the court".
No sure we're going to be running "Point Clif" next season. Just how far away from the basket will HC Pike put him?
Remember Wolf dribbling the full length of the court to score. Maybe he can show Cliff how to do it. It’s going to be a great year and Cliff’s stock is going up.

Reactions: NickRU714

Cliff takes a rebound, dribbles up court, cross over step back 3... nothing but net!

He would have had a lot more open shots this year with fernandes running the point and Gavin giving us another shooting threat to create more space on the floor. Was expecting a big year from cam.
Why?
Is Fernandes going to look to pass as much as Mulcahy?
Will he be on the floor just to look to get others better shots?
Could Cam be on. A team defensively with Gavin and without Caleb?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT