ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Hobbs

scarlethoops

Junior
Feb 22, 2002
Coaching twitter has him tabbed as Temple HC. Tough gig, but would be happy for him. Big loss for us. If it does come to fruition, thoughts on where Pike looks for the backfill? Thinking Thompson moves up the bench.

Coaching twitter has him tabbed as Temple HC. Tough gig, but would be happy for him. Big loss for us. If it does come to fruition, thoughts on where Pike looks for the backfill? Thinking Thompson moves up the bench.
a tough job, but glad for him if he's offered and wants to be a HC again
166-129 at George Washington

a tough job, but glad for him if he's offered and wants to be a HC again
166-129 at George Washington
He had a good stretch at GW and then the program really declined his final few years there. I wonder what happened .

He had a good stretch at GW and then the program really declined his final few years there. I wonder what happened .
LOL- nice!
His most wins at GW was the season AFTER Pike left and then one more good year after that too.
But the timing is pretty close.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
A former head coach of George Washington should be able to get a mid level division 1 position.The longer you stay at the same school the harder its to leave .

Per Rothstein , Temple has offered the HC Position to Charlton Young, an assistant coach from Missouri.
Have no idea who he is.

• Wow
Reactions: bac2therac
Per Rothstein , Temple has offered the HC Position to Charlton Young, an assistant coach from Missouri.
Have no idea who he is.
Sounds like Temple job has been very undesirable overall. I mean they're on a complete island in the AAC and are going to have to rebuild the team from scratch. Wonder if Temple considers pulling a UConn in a few years and moves basketball back to the A10 and dropping football down to the MAC or Indy and just collects paychecks for high level P5 teams like PSU/ND/OSU. It worked for UConn.

Reactions: fatsam98
Sounds like Temple job has been very undesirable overall. I mean they're on a complete island in the AAC and are going to have to rebuild the team from scratch. Wonder if Temple considers pulling a UConn in a few years and moves basketball back to the A10 and dropping football down to the MAC or Indy and just collects paychecks for high level P5 teams like PSU/ND/OSU. It worked for UConn.
You may have heard that Temple just fired its president and that there's a lot going on. A Temple police officer was shot to death earlier this year and the campus just got through a 42-day strike by graduate teaching/research assistants. Deposits for the first year class are down 25% from last year. At the moment, no job at Temple is desirable.

You may have heard that Temple just fired its president and that there's a lot going on. A Temple police officer was shot to death earlier this year and the campus just got through a 42-day strike by graduate teaching/research assistants. Deposits for the first year class are down 25% from last year. At the moment, no job at Temple is desirable.
Yeah I live just outside of Philly and the school is going to hell in a hand basket. I fully expect a mass exodus of student transfers out of Temple once the school year ends.

Yeah I live just outside of Philly and the school is going to hell in a hand basket. I fully expect a mass exodus of student transfers out of Temple once the school year ends.
Crime is of course a scary issue. There was a rapist at large near the Camden campus for a while several years ago and it hurt the campus in attracting students. BTW, the rapist made the mistake of walking into a store in Camden and grabbing the owner's wife to try to get the owner to hand cash over. The owner reached under the table, pulled out a gun, and shot the rapist dead.

Have no idea who he is.
I read this
>The Temple men's basketball head coaching search will move on to other candidates after reportedly striking out in SEC country. Jon Rothstein reports Missouri Tigers assistant Charlton Young was offered the job in Philadelphia but removed his name from consideration shortly after. Rothstein reported the top Mizzou assistant's decision was related to uncertainty with the university leadership at Temple.<

Lmao Young just withdrew his name. No one wants to coach Temple at this point due to the instability at the top with their President being fired. That program is screwed 10 ways to Sunday.

Hope Karl Hobbs gets the job!

He should tell the Temple AD the same thing that Pike told Pat Hobbs: I ll jog down the NJ Turnpike if offered the job!

Correct …lot of issues going on

Its a horrific job but Hobbs will take the money and after a few years retire
might be it's not the money but feels ready to take on the challenges of making Temple a successful program again a HC again and being in charge .
61 is up there in age so he might want to end his career as a HC and be credited with turning Temple back to a winner before he hangs it up.

edit: But we'll never know ,Adam Fisher got the job as hoquat63 said

Last edited:
Mike Rice would probably take it too.
MR probably would love a chance to be a college coach again.
But since he didn't have the reputation of having winning program(s)
2nd chances will not come his way like the HCs forced out at one program being hired at others because they are considered winners and miraculously are reformed into being trustworthy enough to be given another shot at the big time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT