ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Only Schedules Tweet of the Day-UConn

A best of 9 would be intriguing from a gambling perspective. You’d have every Individual matchup Graded over the first three games. They might even get big tv ratings.

The big question is will any of the 9 games be payed in Connecticut?

Reactions: wheezer
Parenthetically, we should never ever play those folks again...ever!

Never gets old!

We were there, going nuts! One of the best plays I've ever seen on top of the drama related to the death (murder?) of Tim Brown's UConn football player best friend the week before. That game was just as emotional for Tim as it must have been for the UConn team and fans.

I’m okay with them as a home game only.

Or if they “demand” a series like Temple it’s played somewhere beneficial say MetLife or Yankee Stadium like the Linc works for us.

The big question is will any of the 9 games be payed in Connecticut?

another lol.... I seem to remember Uconn signed a multiple game deal with ND, and only one of them was at UConn, one at a pro stadium in the area, and about 5 at ND.

another lol.... I seem to remember Uconn signed a multiple game deal with ND, and only one of them was at UConn, one at a pro stadium in the area, and about 5 at ND.
I remember some on here who thought that was something we should consider too. Talk about an LOL moment.

Last edited:
And I remember some on here who thought that was something we should consider too. Talk about an LOL moment.

If I recall correctly UConn fans and I think some Connecticut state officials called the school out on the deal and they ended up cancelling the contract. Also, I think UConn ended up taking the deal because we told ND to go pound sand after they tried to change the verbal agreement (4 at ND, 1 at Meadowlands, 1 at Rutgers and another one here if the 08-08 expansion went through, at the Meadowlands if it didn't) at the we had with them when it came time to sign the deal.

Joe P.

If I recall correctly UConn fans and I think some Connecticut state officials called the school out on the deal and they ended up cancelling the contract. Also, I think UConn ended up taking the deal because we told ND to go pound sand after they tried to change the verbal agreement (4 at ND, 1 at Meadowlands, 1 at Rutgers and another one here if the 08-08 expansion went through, at the Meadowlands if it didn't) at the we had with them when it came time to sign the deal.
I said from the get go the UConn series would never happen and it didn’t.

But there were some here who thought we should do it.

Also vaguely remember our deal had some sort of codicil from Notre Dame that our actual home game would only happen after an expansion. Which made no sense since they had already played here.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
The one thing about the whole tim brown thing is that he wanted to go to jasper’s funeral, but didn’t. Schiano was asked about this in the postgame tv interview and he mentioned that brown didn’t go because of academics ...loI . I like schiano, but that was a bs answer and it’s not like we are producing rhodes scholars here. I guess he had to say it. But we really needed him to practice for uconn and the practice paid off. Great job . However, to make it worse we played in that crappy st. Pete bowl during finals week that year.

dw3vlcl.jpg

I think dropping $150K to have them come down to Rutgers Stadium is well worth it.

Liberty and New Mexico State played each other twice last season to fill out their schedules. You never know what could happen if you aren’t in a conference.

If they could only come that cheap.
Yeah, probably wouldn't get them that cheap, but if we signed a multi-year contract for them to come down here to be our punching bag, we would probably get them cheaper than the one-and-dones we sign.

I said from the get go the UConn series would never happen and it didn’t.

But there were some here who thought we should do it.

Also vaguely remember our deal had some sort of codicil from Notre Dame that our actual home game would only happen after an expansion. Which made no sense since they had already played here.

I remember you saying that. I was ok with the original proposal at the time (4-2-1) but once they tried to change it up to I think just 1 game at Rutgers only after the expansion, I was glad we told them to get lost. I remember debating both our own posters and ND fans on here about it, with ND fans basically acting like the deal was doing us a favor; I told them it's not 1988 anymore and ND has played at Duke, at Northwestern, at cuse, and at Rutgers before (all 35k-49k seat stadiums are the time). There was no real solid reason for them not to play here again.

Joe P.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT