ADVERTISEMENT

Corey Sanders to the NBA

read 4th line....

he tested the waters last 2 years..which he could do. Not an option this year. Either in or out. He's chosen in.

Actually, there was a loophole, he could have come back after testing the waters. The hiring of an agent closes that for good.

Reactions: koleszar
He's got good momentum coming off the B1G tourney, but IMO he needs another year to work on shooting. 40% overall and 22% 3-pt does not translate well - guards really need to be at least 30% 3-pt these days.
....and better defense as well. Is he a point guard? Is he a 2?

We can finish last with or without Corey Sanders. But he gave us some exciting moments and I hope he makes it at the next level.

Next man up for RU.

would love to see him coming off of the bench in Boston. He'd be a great fit in Stevens' system

read 4th line....

he tested the waters last 2 years..which he could do. Not an option this year. Either in or out. He's chosen in.

Yeah, I'd listen to PA Knight if I were you. He could have tested the waters again without blinking. He could have even possibly gone undrafted and come back to RU. Pretty interesting set of circumstances. Now with an agent he's gone.

Good luck Corey.. you were a beast in the Big Ten Tourney. Keep beastin' it however you get to an NBA camp. And remember SHARE THE ROCK!

Wishing Corey the best of luck, but feel he won't be picked in NBA draft.
Hope I'm wrong, but feel that the 2nd round is his best chance .
The G-League might be an option , but if he can latch on to a European team in an upper tier league, Sanders can make decent bucks.
Go to China and might not make 7 figures at first, but if he does well can be highly paid, not up to NBA standards but make high 6 or 7 figure once established there.

Yeah, I'd listen to PA Knight if I were you. He could have tested the waters again without blinking. He could have even possibly gone undrafted and come back to RU. Pretty interesting set of circumstances. Now with an agent he's gone.
Yeah, I read the whole espn article...you guys actually going to suggest that was a real option and Corey would be the first ever to take a run at it like that? Ok.

Yeah, I read the whole espn article...you guys actually going to suggest that was a real option and Corey would be the first ever to take a run at it like that? Ok.

The new early entry rules were put into place in 2016. Corey has declared twice. Meaning he is the first to be able to do so a third time. So yes, he’s the first and it was a real option. I take it he’s making the same choice Jamison did years ago though and try to support his family.

Corey Sanders wishes the OP title is correct. I’m not liking his chances of actually ending up in the NBA though good for him for chasing his dream.

He's got good momentum coming off the B1G tourney, but IMO he needs another year to work on shooting. 40% overall and 22% 3-pt does not translate well - guards really need to be at least 30% 3-pt these days.

I feel bad for Corey if he is being forced to take this route for family/financial reasons. I agree with your point about his shooting %'s, and there is also the matter that he may be more of a 2 than a true point guard. Standing at 6'2", that does not translate well at the NBA level.

The new early entry rules were put into place in 2016. Corey has declared twice. Meaning he is the first to be able to do so a third time. So yes, he’s the first and it was a real option. I take it he’s making the same choice Jamison did years ago though and try to support his family.
What's your quess on how many players declare for the draft, don't hire an agent, and enter the fall as potential NBA free agents? How many take advantage of this. Loophole?

You guys are 100% correct, there is a path. My response was based on what I think is reality.

What's your quess on how many players declare for the draft, don't hire an agent, and enter the fall as potential NBA free agents? How many take advantage of this. Loophole?

You guys are 100% correct, there is a path. My response was based on what I think is reality.

Nobody has done this before because it's never been a possibility. Would they? I'm sure you'll see it going forward, just not in this case.

Let's take Corey's hypothetical situation. He wants to get drafted, but doesn't. He's now a free agent. If, by chance, he has a great season at Rutgers, he can now negotiate whatever contract with whatever team he wants to, while everybody else has to wait and go through the draft process again. While not a great comparison, I'd liken it to some people sometimes preferring to be undrafted vs. being a 7th round NFL pick.

In Corey's real situation, he obviously cares more about making money right now, so more power to him. Just not sure personally it's the right decision for his future. Hope I'm wrong for his sake.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
I dont see a scenario where he is drafted. If the NBA draft had 3 rounds it would still be a maybe. Dont see him going anywhere but to the d league or overseas next season. That said, he will make a little bit of money at least

He definitely needs another year at RU. His only shot would to have improved his ball handling, especially going left, further improvement on D, and become a more consistent shooter. He needs to be a point guard and he is not a finished product. Hopefully there is something that works out overseas.

Corey certainly has the talent to make a nice salary playing basketball. Whether it's through the NBA, G-league stint, or Europe/Australia, I am interested to follow.

While there were a few bumps along the road, Corey seemed like a good teammate, dedicated to his craft, and didn't mope when times were tough.

This is like saying plum street declares for the NBA . But I hope he makes it . He can make a nice chunk of change next year overseas. I don’t think one more year would have changed his nba future.

I don't think he will play in NBA either. Hope he does well wherever he winds up. He seems like a good kid and his farewell to RU is very classy

When a kid consults God, I know we are in big trouble.

Not once has God ever told a kid to stay at Rutgers.

Reactions: Duff366
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT