ADVERTISEMENT

Cure arena - a complete disaster

Waiting for over 40 minutes to get to the parking area. Traffic at a stand still. I hate complainers but if this is a trial for playing home games while the RAC is upgraded a complete cultyfail. A total joke. Anywhere but here. Trenton is a mismanaged mess.
It is a dump! Still have difficulty understanding why the game is being played here.

Reactions: RUMountie
It’s not bad for hockey, the circus, arena football or even a concert.

But for basketball…not so much.🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Jimpeg
Waiting for over 40 minutes to get to the parking area. Traffic at a stand still. I hate complainers but if this is a trial for playing home games while the RAC is upgraded a complete fail. A total joke. Anywhere but here. Trenton is a mismanaged mess.
Hobbs has said numerous times the plan is to play home games at the RAC throughout construction.

Complete disaster is right! Never again

Traffic like there’s 10K here, there’s not even 5K. Had to park on the streets next to an abandoned house and walk over.

Cavernous empty arena, terrible for what is a good game.

No scoreboard with any player stats.

Would be better off at Brookdale community college

Traffic like there’s 10K here, there’s not even 5K. Had to park on the streets next to an abandoned house and walk over.

It does look awful on TV.

Place is a disaster.

The first 10 min didn't look good, but after that looks like a decent crowd. Sounds and looks like 90% RU. Behind the baskets appear to be empty
I’ve been there many times in person for many different events, including basketball, but have never seen it on TV.

It just doesn’t look the part. And it seems a little dark too? But that could be intentional like we do with the RAC.

Never made it to a parking spot. Left Papa's Tomato Pie at a little after 6 and was two blocks away at 6:30 and we just sat. I mean barely moved at all. Tried an alternative block and got to where we were across the street from the arena but a police car was blocking the street to turn into the parking lot.

There were a total of two cops who were doing nothing to get the traffic moving. Looked like the couldn't care less what about what going on around them. Even after we decided we were bailing and eating the $120 spent on tickets, it still took considerable amount of time to get to a street just to get out there. I hadn't experienced something so miserable since a GW Bridge crossing years ago. Trenton exceeded its negative reputation this evening. Somebody is getting an email tomorrow about the decision to play a game at Cure Arena.

This would be hilarious if it wasn’t so tragic…abandoned house…lol.

Never made it to a parking spot. Left Papa's Tomato Pie at a little after 6 and was two blocks away at 6:30 and we just sat. I mean barely moved at all. Tried an alternative block and got to where we were across the street from the arena but a police car was blocking the street to turn into the parking lot.

There were a total of two cops who were doing nothing to get the traffic moving. Looked like the couldn't care less what about what going on around them. Even after we decided we were bailing and eating the $120 spent on tickets, it still took considerable amount of time to get to a street just to get out there. I hadn't experienced something so miserable since a GW Bridge crossing years ago. Trenton exceeded its negative reputation this evening. Somebody is getting an email tomorrow about the decision to play a game at Cure Arena.
That is truly sad. Hopefully, we learned our lesson and this idea is put to bed as a terrible experiment

Rutgers fans dominated the arena but Princeton was far superior on offense and defense.Deeply disappointing performance but not surprising because I feared guarding Princeton's offense and was concerned about Rutgers 3 point shooting.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
The worst experience getting into an arena I’ve ever experienced. Got right outside the arena at 6 and didn’t get into my seats until 7:30. Terrible.
Where did you park? I parked across the street at 605 and was in my seat at 615.

Reactions: BKIn118
Been there for other events. Outdated but adequate venue for a ll sorts of medium sized events.

The place is a dump and I’ve been there planting times before for cheer events
Tonight was a disaster!!! Complete shitshow and I ended up parking across the street at a shopping center just to get into the arena barely on time

The only time. I actually looked up for a replay, in second half they reviewed an out of bounds deflection, the replay on big screen was all fuc*ed up, they didn't show it completely and video kept freezing. Mickey mouse operation.

Reactions: RUDave_01 and cm_13
Wow, that sucks for those who got stuck in that. I got there around 5:00 pm, which was no issue, given how early it was. Then I met my friends a little while later at Trenton Social, which was way overcrowded with one bartender and apparently no food being served. Kind of a shit show, so we left and walked to Taco Bell and had a decent meal. Oddly enough, after the game it only took me about 10 minutes to get out of the lot and onto Route 1.

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT