ADVERTISEMENT

Cure arena - a complete disaster

I’ll never go back. Total incompetence. Letters to whoever are responsible for running this Trenton event (starting with parking) are warranted. Worthy of firing as this isn’t the first event there, but likely no accountability.

One guy mentioned they took his money in Lot 1, but there weren’t any spots left and he got “routed” to Lot 4.

I’ll never go back. Total incompetence. Letters to whoever are responsible for running this Trenton event (starting with parking) are warranted. Worthy of firing as this isn’t the first event there, but likely no accountability.
What makes you think somebody was responsible for anything? It was laughable. As if someone just unlocked the arena for the night and then went home.

Who was the absolute bozo in here that said Cure would be a great experience, safe, etc?

That was the worst sporting experience of my life and I’ve been watching Rutgers athletics for 25+ years 😂
Well,you can start with this guy who even dared to suggest Cure would be a good alternative while the RAC was being upgraded. Unbelievable.

jerzeyguy

All Conference​

According to google maps it looks like its a 12-15 minute walk. Has anyone ever done it before? Safe walk?
Yes it's safe. I was the first to mention Cure as a good destination if we left the Rac. Cure is in a safe location, and a easy walk from the train. Stop being scary. Even religious groups who have many senior citizens and small children have chosen Cure to hold events.

Reactions: SHUSource
Still waiting to get in. Over one hour. Traffic at a standstill. Game underway. Wtf
I will never go back here again. Traffic and parking were an unbelievable mess. Took us well over an hour to park. Traffic was not managed by Trenton PD whatsoever. Had to park a half mile away. We missed the entire first half. The inside experience wasn’t good either. Never play another game here again please. I don’t blame any Rutgers fans who decided to skip this one. They are the smart ones. They couldn’t handle 3k fans coming to a game, what would have happened if there was more like 8k??

That is truly sad. Hopefully, we learned our lesson and this idea is put to bed as a terrible experiment
I live fairly close to Trenton and had a similar experience. 90 minutes in the car to go <20 miles with the last 60 mins spent within a half mile of the place. Left plenty early so I thought. I got to my seat w 2 mi s left in the first half. Overall a complete cluster ****, and the product on the court is as just about as bad.

Well,you can start with this guy who even dared to suggest Cure would be a good alternative while the RAC was being upgraded. Unbelievable.

jerzeyguy

All Conference​

Yes it's safe. I was the first to mention Cure as a good destination if we left the Rac. Cure is in a safe location, and an easy walk from the train. Stop being scary. Even religious groups who have many senior citizens and small children have chosen Cure to hold events.
Thank you this is exactly what I was thinking about. Maybe leave them to the 2.5k religious events. That was disgusting

I will never go back here again. Traffic and parking were an unbelievable mess. Took us well over an hour to park. Traffic was not managed by Trenton PD whatsoever. Had to park a half mile away. We missed the entire first half. The inside experience wasn’t good either. Never play another game here again please. I don’t blame any Rutgers fans who decided to skip this one. They are the smart ones. They couldn’t handle 3k fans coming to a game, what would have happened if there was more like 8k??
You mean the electronic board at the entry to the arena that said "Traffic Advisory - Expected High Attendance Event" you didn't find helpful?

I got the area around 6:20 and it took 40 minutes to go those last 5 blocks or so. I guess I shouldn't complain; I was fortunate compared to some of you guys.

Reactions: RUInDaBronx
We sat in traffic for so long heading into Cure from the Hamilton side that we cut down a side street and just parked in a lot we saw behind the riverline. There's no way it would have been safe overnight, but it worked for 2 hours. It was free and got us in for the tip.

Traffic was a complete disaster. One of the main cure lots was blocked by a cop car for no apparent reason. People were scrambling for any parking solution. Really poorly run by the city.

The gameday experience inside was pretty bad, but i expected that because the building gets limited use.

The basketball was disappointing as we are worse on defense and offense and no alpha dogs that want the ball. Overall a tough start to the season.

Not a single stat scoreboard. youd never know how many fouls or timeouts, never mind player or team stats. Terrible decision to play there.

While I agree with everything said in this thread (traffic sucked, parking was tight {we got to the lot at 6pm & it was probably 80%full} neither Trenton Social nor First &10 were staffed for the large number of RU fans that showed at either place, arena sucked etc) , there were TO & Fouls listed. VERY hard to see, in the corner of the 1970's video board. Took me awhile to find it.

Who was the absolute bozo in here that said Cure would be a great experience, safe, etc?

That was the worst sporting experience of my life and I’ve been watching Rutgers athletics for 25+ years 😂
This may be the biggest indictment yet

• Haha
Reactions: ScarletR30
Where did you park? I parked across the street at 605 and was in my seat at 615.
The lot I was originally going to park in was full so they turned me around. Went to another lot which was full. Then had to park in the additional lot on the other side of the railroad tracks. Naturally, the train came through twice holding up traffic even more. The cars going to the other lots were redirected and we’re forced to make U-Turns stopping traffic even more. Just a complete cluster ****.

The lot I was originally going to park in was full so they turned me around. Went to another lot which was full. Then had to park in the additional lot on the other side of the railroad tracks. Naturally, the train came through twice holding up traffic even more. The cars going to the other lots were redirected and we’re forced to make U-Turns stopping traffic even more. Just a complete cluster ****.
Hmm, interesting. Sorry to hear that.

We sat in traffic for so long heading into Cure from the Hamilton side that we cut down a side street and just parked in a lot we saw behind the riverline. There's no way it would have been safe overnight, but it worked for 2 hours. It was free and got us in for the tip.
nice audible! ballsy though with a 35% chance after game this was your car

Yes anyone who parked in the now infamous Lot 4 across the railroad tracks is now trauma bonded. What must be the world’s most frequent transit system, we got stuck behind an unbelievable 3 trains including 2 back to back going opposite directions when leaving. The Trenton - Camden dingy, glad they have so many trains between those two world class destinations. With an average rider count of less than 1 human per train

It’s not bad for hockey, the circus, arena football or even a concert.

But for basketball…not so much.🤷‍♂️
I remember people saying all of that several years ago when the arena was pretty new and Rutgers played Rider there to open the season. I guess nothing has changed.

Is the leadership of this state proud of what our capital city is and has been forever? I was in Madison for the RU football game last month and the differences between the capital of Wisconsin and New Jersey couldn't be more stark.
So you’re saying Rutgers should move to Trenton…and Penn St should move to Harrisburg.😂

Reactions: SHUSource
I remember people saying all of that several years ago when the arena was pretty new and Rutgers played Rider there to open the season. I guess nothing has changed.
I was there that night and don't recall any access/egress issues at all, even with a similarly sized crowd. I wonder what the issue was last night? EDIT: The arena itself is not a good basketball venue at all, though. Lousy.

Curious: People who took the train and either walked down to CURE or took the light rail, were any of you late or delayed?

Last edited:
Arrived just after 5:30 - had no problems parking towards the front of Lot 1 (easy exit too). Went over to Trenton Social but it was PACKED and only one bartender working so said screw it and went into the arena just after 6. No complaints about the concessions, bathrooms etc. Was in 107 row EE, ended up right on the baseline in what were kind of the last good seats (looked like the sight lines from behind the basket were awful). The lighting was weird, felt bright/glary but kinda dingy at the same time... Would have liked additional stats as others have pointed out and could have done without the 4 different 3pt lines on the floor.

Also, just remember - those of you who still pine for a downtown arena capable of supporting hockey - we would likely end up with something similar to this structure (which everyone seems to hate).

The only positive from this experience last night is that there's NO WAY Rutgers would ever agree to play home games there during a RAC renovation -- our alumni/boosters/donors would never allow it, and season ticket sales would plummet to record lows.

Horrible area, no good "pregame" hot spots, horrible ingress and egress, bad parking situation. And the arena is a freaking DUMP (although I have to say, the seats were actually quite comfortable).

Is the leadership of this state proud of what our capital city is and has been forever? I was in Madison for the RU football game last month and the differences between the capital of Wisconsin and New Jersey couldn't be more stark.

I'm pretty sure as long as they get re-elected they're proud

Wow, that sucks for those who got stuck in that. I got there around 5:00 pm, which was no issue, given how early it was. Then I met my friends a little while later at Trenton Social, which was way overcrowded with one bartender and apparently no food being served. Kind of a shit show, so we left and walked to Taco Bell and had a decent meal. Oddly enough, after the game it only took me about 10 minutes to get out of the lot and onto Route 1.

While I agree with everything said in this thread (traffic sucked, parking was tight {we got to the lot at 6pm & it was probably 80%full} neither Trenton Social nor First &10 were staffed for the large number of RU fans that showed at either place, arena sucked etc) , there were TO & Fouls listed. VERY hard to see, in the corner of the 1970's video board. Took me awhile to find it.

Arrived just after 5:30 - had no problems parking towards the front of Lot 1 (easy exit too). Went over to Trenton Social but it was PACKED and only one bartender working so said screw it and went into the arena just after 6. No complaints about the concessions, bathrooms etc. Was in 107 row EE, ended up right on the baseline in what were kind of the last good seats (looked like the sight lines from behind the basket were awful). The lighting was weird, felt bright/glary but kinda dingy at the same time... Would have liked additional stats as others have pointed out and could have done without the 4 different 3pt lines on the floor.

Also, just remember - those of you who still pine for a downtown arena capable of supporting hockey - we would likely end up with something similar to this structure (which everyone seems to hate).
So just a quick note for Trenton Social; apparently they had an ownership change within the last week, week and a half. The RAA has been speaking with them for months now, communicating what was going to happen, etc. Whoever took over wasn't told, and then apparently didn't look at the schedule for the arena across the street from them. Can't believe they're literally the only game in town, but there you go.

I was there that night and don't recall any access/egress issues at all, even with a similarly sized crowd. I wonder what the issue was last night? EDIT: The arena itself is not a good basketball venue at all, though. Lousy.

Curious: People who took the train and either walked down to CURE or took the light rail, were any of you late or delayed?
I used to routinely take the NE Corridor line when I was working with the Trenton Titans, and walked over through Mill Hill. I was strongly warned against doing this, but weighed it against route 1 traffic between New Brunswick and Trenton, and chose to take my chances. I was younger then, and could run faster, too.

Last night was total incompetence by the city of Trenton and the Trenton PD. Luckily, I parked in some NJ Transit facility just behind the light rail tracks, as did many here, and walked the block and a half over, hoping my car would still be there (it was). People were still streaming in at halftime, it was a huge disaster, unless you got there before 6.

Not sure all the complaining about the arena, I thought it has been well kept-up, particularly since there is no "main tenant" any more, since the Trenton hockey franchise folded several years ago.

I used to routinely take the NE Corridor line when I was working with the Trenton Titans, and walked over through Mill Hill. I was strongly warned against doing this, but weighed it against route 1 traffic between New Brunswick and Trenton, and chose to take my chances. I was younger then, and could run faster, too.

Last night was total incompetence by the city of Trenton and the Trenton PD. Luckily, I parked in some NJ Transit facility just behind the light rail tracks, as did many here, and walked the block and a half over, hoping my car would still be there (it was). People were still streaming in at halftime, it was a huge disaster, unless you got there before 6.

Not sure all the complaining about the arena, I thought it has been well kept-up, particularly since there is no "main tenant" any more, since the Trenton hockey franchise folded several years ago.
It could use another one.

Maybe a college squad.🙂

I didn't see anything physically wrong with the arena either other than it's made for hockey and hockey arenas are lousy places to watch a basketball game. Didn't think it was "decrepit" as I've seen it described elsewhere. Wasn't expecting Madison Square Garden.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT