ADVERTISEMENT

Cure arena - a complete disaster

I didn't see anything physically wrong with the arena either other than it's made for hockey and hockey arenas are lousy places to watch a basketball game. Didn't think it was "decrepit" as I've seen it described elsewhere. Wasn't expecting Madison Square Garden.
It’s what I keep saying.

Somebody should be playing there.🙂

Last edited:
I didn't see anything physically wrong with the arena either other than it's made for hockey and hockey arenas are lousy places to watch a basketball game. Didn't think it was "decrepit" as I've seen it described elsewhere. Wasn't expecting Madison Square Garden.
Yeah, I agree. It's not "nice," but it's fine. I mean it's lousy for basketball because it's made for hockey, so the seating is designed for that, too. It's been a few years since I've been inside, but I don't recall it being that bad. A little dreary, perhaps.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I used to routinely take the NE Corridor line when I was working with the Trenton Titans, and walked over through Mill Hill. I was strongly warned against doing this, but weighed it against route 1 traffic between New Brunswick and Trenton, and chose to take my chances. I was younger then, and could run faster, too.

Last night was total incompetence by the city of Trenton and the Trenton PD. Luckily, I parked in some NJ Transit facility just behind the light rail tracks, as did many here, and walked the block and a half over, hoping my car would still be there (it was). People were still streaming in at halftime, it was a huge disaster, unless you got there before 6.

Not sure all the complaining about the arena, I thought it has been well kept-up, particularly since there is no "main tenant" any more, since the Trenton hockey franchise folded several years ago.
Interesting. I never thought of walking that way, through Mill Hill, but I guess I can see it. Did you park in that light right next to the River Line terminus? That's actually a great lot, but it's tough to get a spot there. I used to drop someone off there every morning and pick her up at day's end and it's always pretty full.

The traffic nightmare had to be because of someone's poor planning because they have certainly entertained larger crowds than the one last night, and I've never heard of it being this bad.

Interesting. I never thought of walking that way, through Mill Hill, but I guess I can see it. Did you park in that light right next to the River Line terminus? That's actually a great lot, but it's tough to get a spot there. I used to drop someone off there every morning and pick her up at day's end and it's always pretty full.

The traffic nightmare had to be because of someone's poor planning because they have certainly entertained larger crowds than the one last night, and I've never heard of it being this bad.
I'm guessing that allowing cars into a full lot didn't help things. Clown-show operation, severely under-manned. They didn't even have people to charge for parking after advertising it would be $20 cash to get in.

I'm guessing that allowing cars into a full lot didn't help things. Clown-show operation, severely under-manned. They didn't even have people to charge for parking after advertising it would be $20 cash to get in.
Sounds like a real C.F.

Reactions: fatsam98
So just a quick note for Trenton Social; apparently they had an ownership change within the last week, week and a half. The RAA has been speaking with them for months now, communicating what was going to happen, etc. Whoever took over wasn't told, and then apparently didn't look at the schedule for the arena across the street from them. Can't believe they're literally the only game in town, but there you go.
Only 1 bartender working , really?

Agreed. Thought the arena and sightlines, while not "amazing," were just fine, with much more comfortable seats than the RAC. Concessions seemed decent, too - the pork roll sandwich I had was good.

So just a quick note for Trenton Social; apparently they had an ownership change within the last week, week and a half. The RAA has been speaking with them for months now, communicating what was going to happen, etc. Whoever took over wasn't told, and then apparently didn't look at the schedule for the arena across the street from them. Can't believe they're literally the only game in town, but there you go.
Well, that at least explains things. We kept saying it's almost as if they didn't know we were all coming and it turns out that was the truth, sadly. Would be nice to have more options than that within 500 feet or so, but the only other place that close is Taco Bell, where we ate. There are some other restaurants that are 1000'+, but that's starting to be a hike, especially in an area that's a bit rough.

Agreed. Thought the arena and sightlines, while not "amazing," were just fine, with much more comfortable seats than the RAC. Concessions seemed decent, too - the pork roll sandwich I had was good.
They are very good for a hockey game.🙂

A place to play while RAC is renovated?

How about the Barn? Do without ticket sales and fill the place with students. What's it seat.. 3K?

Or put up a bubble with bleachers (with seatbacks) across from the RAC lots.. Deal with 6K or so seats. Restrooms might be an issue... but so are the RAC restrooms.. just not enough.

And just make the renovations meet a 1-year schedule. get her done.

This local scribe is out of touch with reality
Trentonian

Writer may not have accurately portrayed the night.. but his heart is in the right place. He wants Trenton to begin to function like a State Capitol should.
Hopefully they get a real tenant for the arena and another minor league baseball team.

Both facilities are pretty good (baseball one is REALLY good) for what they are.

Shame what happened to the Thunder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT