ADVERTISEMENT

Delon Stephenson

Glad it is over for him. Don't recall him having other problems, and sometimes good young men make a mistake when they have been drinking. There have been other situations like this that have been resolved without any charges being filed at all.

If any of these guys can help us win football games ash should consider giving them a second chance . Winning is what it's all about .

He got a grand total of 3 days in jail for breaking an innocent Rutgers' students jaw, hospitalizing him and having his jaw wired for 8 weeks. If this was the judges son i think he might have got a bit more time. The judge reduced the plea deal from 1 year to 3 days. 3 days.

"He (the RU student) said the punch landed him in the hospital for two days, kept his jaw wired for eight weeks and interfered with his college work. He asked for restitution of $3,485 in medical bills.

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.s...ets_4_days_in_jail_3-.html#incart_river_index

Disappointing because he was on his way to becoming a good to very good safety. Nfl caliber.

umm... Pass. Looks like Ash is recruiting young men with a different mindset and I'm good with that.

Whether he plays football again is a mute point. It serves little purpose to put him in jail for an extended period of time. It will not change what happened and given what he has "lost" it appears justice has been served. Hopefully he gets his life in order and gets back on track.

Good I'm glad you take full responsibility. You broke a innocent person jaw, lost your full
scholarship and no longer are on path to receive a colle education. And all for that you got 3 days in county jail.

He will end up at a MEAC school and hopefully get a chance to pursue what his skills allow him to pursue..My sig is Feloniousmonk. I always try to forgive but not forget.

Spoken like a bunch of guys who know nothing about being locked in a cell.

Even one night is terrible.

If he really learned his lesson, which I am sure he did considering how much he lost, then fall back with the pitchforks . All we want to see in this country is someone else getting punished - it's horrible and needs to stop

It's Dan Duggan's fault. A week before the incident, he interviewed Delon and asked if our secondary would be more physical in 2015.

I'm all for giving these guys second chances if they can help our team on the field. Everyone does bad things from time to time and if he apologized then you can't hold it against him.

I'm all for giving these guys second chances if they can help our team on the field. Everyone does bad things from time to time and if he apologized then you can't hold it against him.
Drinking too much or drunk isn't an excuse to assault another person. He might feel remorse and apologize for his actions, but it's still his responsibility. Even more so when someone else is seriously injured.
If he truly learned his lesson, he Will turn this around. Only time will tell. It might not seem fair, but RU can't afford to take any chances under our present circumstances. If he's really that guy, let him prove it, but it might be elsewhere.

All you on here taking the moral high ground must have been some saints when you were younger. I'll assume none of you have ever gotten drunk and done something you regret since you're still harping on a guy who made a mistake last year. Students get drunk all the time and get in fights. It's college, these things happen, this was only a big deal because he was on the football team.

All you on here taking the moral high ground must have been some saints when you were younger. I'll assume none of you have ever gotten drunk and done something you regret since you're still harping on a guy who made a mistake last year. Students get drunk all the time and get in fights. It's college, these things happen, this was only a big deal because he was on the football team.

Bullcrap ! I played sports, drank a lot, my friends played sports, and they drank a lot as well. None of us sucker punched another kid, breaking his jaw, messing up his face , hospitalizing the victim w wired up jaw for 8 weeks. This POS's lawyer agreed to a 1 year plea bargain which is what he deserved. He's a punk, a thug, and a criminal. How would you like your son to get knocked out by happenstance, ruin his year at college and Fck up his face ?

Reactions: LC-88
Bullcrap ! I played sports, drank a lot, my friends played sports, and they drank a lot as well. None of us sucker punched another kid, breaking his jaw, messing up his face , hospitalizing the victim w wired up jaw for 8 weeks. This POS's lawyer agreed to a 1 year plea bargain which is what he deserved. He's a punk, a thug, and a criminal. How would you like your son to get knocked out by happenstance, ruin his year at college and Fck up his face ?
If I had a son and he was dumb enough to get in an argument with a bunch of drunk athletes knowing full well there is a chance for a physical altercation I'd tell him he should have made better choices. Always know your situation and when to walk away . And sure you label a first time offender a thug and criminal for getting in a drunk fight. Makes sense.

If I had a son and he was dumb enough to get in an argument with a bunch of drunk athletes knowing full well there is a chance for a physical altercation I'd tell him he should have made better choices. Always know your situation and when to walk away . And sure you label a first time offender a thug and criminal for getting in a drunk fight. Makes sense.

She shouldn't have worn that short skirt.

He was charged with Aggravated Assault. And he Stephonson was not part of an arguement.
You sound like an apologist for a criminal , which is what he is.

"Middlesex County Assistant Prosecutor Deborah Hay told the judge this morning that Stephenson came out from between two parked cars and punched the victim, who was knocked to the ground."

"There are no grounds to excuse this behavior," Hay said. "This is so tragic because this is so senseless."

Reactions: RUbacker
Okay well you guys keep piling on a college kid who made a poor choice. Would love to go through your past and look at every thing you've done. Guarantee by today's standards you'd have done something that gets you labeled a thug and criminal as well.

No, I've never done anything in my life that could have gotten my labeled a thug. Speak for yourself.

Glad to see blaming the victim goes beyond just sexual assaults.

Like I said in a similar thread for Barnwell few months back, the kid deserves a 2nd chance but it should not and will not be at Rutgers.

I'm just in a pissy mood right now. I think I'll chug a few six packs, get in the car and go maim some people. But hey, I was drinking. It's not my fault. What, none of you have ever had a few drinks and gone driving?

The reading comprehension is really poor on this board. Yes he deserved punishment. Yes he has gotten it. It was a first time offense that doesn't make him a thug, criminal, or scum. I stand by the fact that this is only this big of an issue because an athlete was involved. I mean none of you were up in arms about the kid who stabbed his roommate while he was on drugs a few semesters back. But hey keep on your moral high horse.

The reading comprehension is really poor on this board. Yes he deserved punishment. Yes he has gotten it. It was a first time offense that doesn't make him a thug, criminal, or scum. I stand by the fact that this is only this big of an issue because an athlete was involved. I mean none of you were up in arms about the kid who stabbed his roommate while he was on drugs a few semesters back. But hey keep on your moral high horse.

This guy's behavior help ruin the football program. That's why we are interested in it.

If you are so sure this is a one time thing, then why did you tell us before that you'd tell your son he was stupid for standing up to an "athlete" who needs to be rebuked? That's got to be the most cowardly piece of father/son advice I've ever heard. Can't we confront one another when sometimes necessary without the expectation that someone will sucker punch us? Or is that something you would expect of an"athlete?"

Reactions: Abro1975

So if your hypothetical son got punched out by an athlete and ended up with his jaw wired like this kid did, you would then blame your son for being dumb enough to allow himself to get involved in the situation ?

Thanks for proving to the rest of us why not everyone should be a parent.

Silver lining here is that if Stephenson and these guys didn't get in trouble last year flood would still be our coach. If ash turns out to be a star the off field antics of 2015 will turn out to be one of the greatest moments in Rutgers football history . Very ironic . It's not like they cost us a good football coach at Rutgers .

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Silver lining here is that if Stephenson and these guys didn't get in trouble last year flood would still be our coach. If ash turns out to be a star the off field antics of 2015 will turn out to be one of the greatest moments in Rutgers football history . Very ironic . It's not like they cost us a good football coach at Rutgers .

You have some real twisted logic, there. Still not sure if your other post was being sarcastic or clueless.

Reactions: suggakane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT