ADVERTISEMENT

Different Agendas

RC66

Senior
Jun 9, 2009
I watched the two final games Sunday evening at the Gulf Coast Showcase: St.Johns, USF, SC, and ND.

Four teams: 20 starters.

19 out of the 20 had 30+ or 30++ minutes ... and the one who didn't had 25.

In Rutgers final game, the loss to Washington State, only 1 RU player (CC) had 30 minutes, 30 exactly. Most RU players in that game had low 20s or less (even Tyler).

This is a whole new team at RU. IMO, CVS is simply still assembling her 2017-18 depth chart.

Reactions: RUinSeattle
I watched the two final games Sunday evening at the Gulf Coast Showcase: St.Johns, USF, SC, and ND.

Four teams: 20 starters.

19 out of the 20 had 30+ or 30++ minutes ... and the one who didn't had 25.

In Rutgers final game, the loss to Washington State, only 1 RU player (CC) had 30 minutes, 30 exactly. Most RU players in that game had low 20s or less (even Tyler).

This is a whole new team at RU. IMO, CVS is simply still assembling her 2017-18 depth chart.

On the other hand, to argue against myself, this just just be some more of CVS inveterate churning. I hope that her embarrassment of line-up richness doesn't result in a season-full of constant, constant subbing.

On the other hand, to argue against myself, this just just be some more of CVS inveterate churning. I hope that her embarrassment of line-up richness doesn't result in a season-full of constant, constant subbing.
Substitutions are good to give the starters rest but they must contribute on the score board to really help the team win.

beginning of season is when a team finds out the best game-day rotation and who you can rely on to give the starters a breather during the game without hurting the team's play.
To me substitution patterns with a roster that's mainly familiar with each-other in practice will seem odd in the beginning of a season , until the coaching staff sees how the players react to each other on the floor during the game.
Once that's addressed, substitutions probably will look more normal because the staff has a better idea how to utilize the players on the bench without hurting how the team is preforming /or who will add the spark needed to energize play when their put in.

That's my opinion and I don't claim to be knowledgeable, just opinionated :boxing:

IMO, Vivian can substitute pretty liberally as the entire team has been contributing so far. That being said, I think she needs to tweak the starting line-up a bit if she wants to start with her best players on the floor. Tyler is the best player on the team, but I think Jenkins and Rollins who come off the bench are better than KK and Fitzsimmons. Mack is also going to be a special player. I would start Scaife, Carey, Jenkins, Harris and Rollins or substitute Cryor or KK if you want another guard instead of Rollins or Carey (I know Carey is a forward, but could go with a smaller line-up).

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT