ADVERTISEMENT

Eli Apple?

koleszar

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2010
With Hargreaves still out there Reece takes Apple who is not a day 1 starter and needs development with the 10th pick. Really? If you were going to go DB Hargreaves was clearly the better pick. IMO Should have taken Tunsil best O lineman in the draft screw the gas mask he would have started day one. The Giants would have been set at tackles for the next 5 yrs.

Reactions: MikeR0102
Don't agree about Tunsil, but Reese is gonna take some heat for sure with this pick.

The Tunsil thing killed the Giants. They wanted the LB out of Georgia or Conklin from Mich St. But those players got moved up when Tunsil tweeted the idiotic tweet.

Reactions: goldb80
Experts have said there were 10 top players in the draft. With Tunsil on the weed and Jack's injury, there are 8 top players in the draft. Giants picked 10th - tough break for them. I think this is a panic move.

The Tunsil thing killed the Giants. They wanted the LB out of Georgia or Conklin from Mich St. But those players got moved up when Tunsil tweeted the idiotic tweet.
That's the thing I don't think he sent it out(nobody's that stupid) and the video was said to be from years ago. The kid never failed a drug test in college.

That's the thing I don't think he sent it out(nobody's that stupid) and the video was said to be from years ago. The kid never failed a drug test in college.

I would have taken Tunsil at 10, but I'm not in charge of a multi-million dollar company.

As far as Tunsil tweeting it out, he was stupid for letting someone record him smoking weed. I'm sure it was funny in the moment or whatever, but the guy cost himself 10s of Millions of dollars.

Experts have said there were 10 top players in the draft. With Tunsil on the weed and Jack's injury, there are 8 top players in the draft. Giants picked 10th - tough break for them. I think this is a panic move.

trade down. Jerry Reese's moves have been mind boggling and his drafting has been mediocre at best.

Maybe the one good thing that comes of this is Jerry Reese finally gets fired. He's destroyed the Giants. If he doesn't have the balls to take Tunsil, at least don't reach for a guy who isn't even the best player at his position on the board. As koleszar points out, Hargreaves is a far better player.

Fins not so weak, Tunsil off the board at 13

Hargreaves eyes where bloodshot on the close-up - just saying...really with limited to no information on these guys hard to know- these teams cant chances on some of these morons anymore.

See Johnny Manziel - etc

I would have taken Tunsil at 10, but I'm not in charge of a multi-million dollar company.

As far as Tunsil tweeting it out, he was stupid for letting someone record him smoking weed. I'm sure it was funny in the moment or whatever, but the guy cost himself 10s of Millions of dollars.
I think given some more time to figure things out, Tunsil would have been the right pick for the Giants. Tough spot For them.

You might just be better than the guy running the show now. I'm just speechless at this point with his moves. A top 10 pick should generally be a day 1 starter, Giants just got a 1 to 2 year project.

Nightmare scenario for Gmen. Reese with the reach on Apple. Jerry has had some big misses over the years, prove us wrong.

We gave up nearly 5,000 passing yards last year and lost 5 games, mainly due to our Pass D, in the final 2 minutes. Could turn out to be a brilliant pick BUT there is no doubt he's got a lot to learn still. Very, very talented kid, no doubt, but how quickly will he learn?

Also thinking that they MIGHT have a move in mind, for tomorrow, taking a corner with the 1st pick. We'll see!

Reactions: IMARUFAN
The NFL draft is the biggest crapshoot in sports...

Won't judge the pick til he hits the NFL field.

We gave up nearly 5,000 passing yards last year and lost 5 games, mainly due to our Pass D, in the final 2 minutes. Could turn out to be a brilliant pick BUT there is no doubt he's got a lot to learn still. Very, very talented kid, no doubt, but how quickly will he learn?

Also thinking that they MIGHT have a move in mind, for tomorrow, taking a corner with the 1st pick. We'll see!
Then why not take Hargreaves who was clearly better and more polished at this stage, then a potential 1 to 2 yr. project. He's not going to help the D much next year maybe some in the nickel package. But a top 10 pick should generally be a 1st day starter. He's not. Hell I may be proved wrong, but right now I'm pretty pissed about the selection.

Then why not take Hargreaves who was clearly better and more polished at this stage, then a potential 1 to 2 yr. project. He's not going to help the D much next year maybe some in the nickel package. But a top 10 pick should generally be a 1st day starter. He's not. Hell I may be proved wrong, but right now I'm pretty pissed about the selection.

I agree with you re: Hargreaves so let's HOPE there is a reason they had Eli higher on their board.

Reactions: koleszar
Reach and no way he ever lived up to being a top 10 pick. Reese is probably packing his things. He's done this year.

the only thing good that comes out of this idiotic pick is reese gets fired. this pick is mind blowing.

Typical sports fan reaction. Player is rated a first round pick, yes he went higher then most thought, but save judgement until after he gets on the field. You probably complained they took Beckham to high.

Ahhh, 2 Super Bowls?
Seriously? Riding acorsi's coat tail.

Not to mention, while winning 2 super bowls for the giants was a great accomplishment, the other seasons around that were complete failures. With the cores of those teams, a multi year run without success is a failure of epic proportions.They missed the playoffs in how many years?

Reactions: daneman100
Do you think Reece makes the choice on his own?Do you think Mara is not part of the equation? The new head coach? Yes it is ultimately his decision but he does not make it alone. They consulted Urban about him . They spent their cap money wisely this winter and Eli should fit in nicely into what could be a pretty damned good defense. There are more picks and free agents to come Lets watch a bit before condemning.

With Hargreaves still out there Reece takes Apple who is not a day 1 starter and needs development with the 10th pick. Really? If you were going to go DB Hargreaves was clearly the better pick. IMO Should have taken Tunsil best O lineman in the draft screw the gas mask he would have started day one. The Giants would have been set at tackles for the next 5 yrs.
Ugh unbelievable why is this guy still around?

Who cares about the weed thing really ? Same crap happened with warren sap at the draft and he turned out fine

I like Apple but it was a bit of a reach at 10. After two teams went it front of them to steal the guys they wanted you should trade down.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT