ADVERTISEMENT

Elite 8 Games

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
ND already won and will look to defend their title in Philly over Georgetown, and Duke is putting a beating on Maryland early. Hope Hopkins can take out UVA and Denver juices the Fruit tomorrow. An all ACC Final Four would be gross.

Reactions: Wagram97
I think the Terps will be be back near the top next year, but not expecting to get past today, honestly...

Reactions: bigmatt718
No RU alum could possibly root for Syracuse tomorrow. Very glad it will NOT be an all ACC final 4. Eat your heart out Quint and ESPN. They probably thought Duke had it in the bag today. Too bad, huh?

Surprised to learn Wierman FO was lightly recruited and going to Fairfield. Then a coaching change at Fairfield and Tillman came in and picked him up.

Surprised to learn Wierman FO was lightly recruited and going to Fairfield. Then a coaching change at Fairfield and Tillman came in and picked him up.

Henderson High in W. Chester Pa. Not a strong Eastern Pa program. I'll bet he either had a strong senior year or he was a recruited walk on at Maryland

Did anyone else notice, mid way through the fourth quarter when it became apparent that Maryland was not going away, the announcer said "this has become an old fashioned ACC brawl". I guess ESPN decided to adopt Maryland back into the ACC.

Reactions: patk89
Need DU and JHop to win so the ACC only has 1 team...

But ND is going to be really hard to beat.

Also - interesting on Weirman - Jerry Ragonese had a go at him yesterday...got caught red handed cheating.

Joey Spallina is the most overrated player I’ve ever seen in college.

He racks up points against average teams then is no where when it counts against the better ones.

Denver flew under the radar. This team is legit.

Syracuse making a little run. Denver put this one on ice waaaay early. See if it pays off. One more possession for them should do it. Lotta trust in their fogo and D that’s for sure.

Joey Spallina is the most overrated player I’ve ever seen in college.

He racks up points against average teams then is no where when it counts against the better ones.

Denver flew under the radar. This team is legit.

Denver was quick to double Spallina. Hilltz slept walked most of the game. On the extra man with hands free and space he stands like a statue and passes the ball out. Without the Princeton transfers it would have been 10-3.

Syracuse = Instagram team.

Get them outside of the Dome and force them to score 1 v 1 and they are a different team.

No behind the back goals today. They really lost big.

Quint and Carc were trying hard to announce a fruit comeback. Heard Quint say at one point that Denver was playing too conservative- didn't like it. Guess he likes it even less now.

Reactions: Caliknight
Hopkins neutralizing Uva so far.

Was with a bunch of Uva alums this weekend. No love for Lars there that’s for sure.

Hopkins now beating themselves. Numerous failed clears and they are playing the clock way too much.

Had a clear 4-3 fast break, the point man pulls it out instead of shooting, turns it over, Uva scores.
Bad lacrosse

Collison had the ball at the end of regulation and the 1st OT. The other offensive players were statues and he was facing slides whichever way he drove. Worn down by UVA's 10 man ride?

Uva was more tired. They don’t have a second midfield. It’s exhausting playing a 10 man.

Hopkins reluctance to play faster even when it’s there is a problem. You can’t win huge games at the elite level not taking advantage of odd rush numbers. You have to attack in those situations.

That’s basic lacrosse. I can’t understand a philosophy where you don’t rip that shot especially in that score, time, and fact you’ve been held scoreless the entire quarter trying to grind clock.

That’s actually the second worse loss I’ve ever seen from Hopkins

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT