ADVERTISEMENT

Embarrassing

Can we stop the praise of Pike please. What has he done his recruiting has regressed already and we are not even a 500 team once. Look at our class compared to the rest of the BIG. In Pike I trust many say. Why?

Can we stop the praise of Pike please. What has he done his recruiting has regressed already and we are not even a 500 team once. Look at our class compared to the rest of the BIG. In Pike I trust many say. Why?

Agree mostly . But there are signs he’s building this thing right. Jury is still out. He will get this year and next to make it happen . For now team still stinks

yep, and the way we finished last year with 3 straight losses was not good.

This is stupid. This whole season falls on Eugene. Pike built a good team. Not a great team, but one who could compete. And then our captain quit.

We are a below 500 team this year. Simple as that. Im thinking the ceiling is 15 wins. We just are not very good. Poorly coached. I feel like none of these players have developed. Baker has his moments but the rest of these guys are just eh. Defense has stunk. Pike better step the hell up or this will be a long season.

Reactions: RUSK97
Agree mostly . But there are signs he’s building this thing right. Jury is still out. He will get this year and next to make it happen . For now team still stinks
Pike was the right hire at the right time. He improved the team and brought it from the doldrums of the EJ era. But he's not a next-level coach.

Who thinks Harper or McConnell or somebody else won't jump ship after this year if this crap keeps up?

We are a below 500 team this year. Simple as that. Im thinking the ceiling is 15 wins. We just are not very good. Poorly coached. I feel like none of these players have developed. Baker has his moments but the rest of these guys are just eh. Defense has stunk. Pike better step the hell up or this will be a long season.
#BonniesAreTheNewFordham
#HistoryRepeatingItself

Terrible performance tonight for sure, but no reason to quit on the season. It’s a marathon not a sprint. But if Pike doesn’t find a way to generate more consistency on offense and better D, it will be a long year!

Rutgers basketball. More sequels than Halloween. Know how this one will end too.

Terrible performance tonight for sure, but no reason to quit on the season. It’s a marathon not a sprint. But if Pike doesn’t find a way to generate more consistency on offense and better D, it will be a long year!
If he hasn't figured it out in 4 years I don't expect him to anytime soon. At least in years past we were an excellent defensive team.

I predicted 12-19 at the beginning of the season and could not for the life of me understand how people thought this team was NIT bound. No progress, no shooting, no inside depth.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
St Bonaventure(1-3) isn't a bad team.
They have lost to...
Vermont 4-0 who just won @St. John's
Ohio 3-1 only loss to Villanova
Siena 2-2 lost to ranked Xavier and 3-2 Harvard

They had to break through eventually. Unfortunately, it was this game. Kentucky lost to Evansville @home is their season over? It's one game out of 30. This is happening more and more. We have plenty of games ahead of us. Stop the overreaction. SB is way better than Fordham don't go there.

Reactions: goru7 and S.W.A.I.N
St Bonaventure(1-3) isn't a bad team.
They have lost to...
Vermont 4-0 who just won @St. John's
Ohio 3-1 only loss to Villanova
Siena 2-2 lost to ranked Xavier and 3-2 Harvard

They had to break through eventually. Unfortunately, it was this game. Kentucky lost to Evansville @home is their season over? It's one game out of 30. This is happening more and more. We have plenty of games ahead of us. Stop the overreaction.
It's one thing if it's just one game. They've played 3 games where they've look awful. It's a legitimate concern. You want to see progress every season. We look worse than last year.

Reactions: Rutgers56
When you have the weak out of conference schedule we have and you lose games like this, yes, the season is essentially over if you have dreams of actually making noise for once.

Reactions: batts and Rutgers56
SF Austin 4-0, Umass 4-0, and Drexel and Bryant is better than initially thought. This non-conference schedule is not as weak as once thought. MSU last 2 years we have lost to them by 10, 4, 11 and 11. What if we beat them this year? What if St Bonaventure finishes with 20 wins? Is it still an embarrassing loss? Guess Pike still can't coach or run an competent offense. Let the season play out. They are still 3-1.

SF Austin 4-0, Umass 4-0, and Drexel and Bryant is better than initially thought. This non-conference schedule is not as weak as once thought. MSU last 2 years we have lost to them by 10, 4, 11 and 11. What if we beat them this year? What if St Bonaventure finishes with 20 wins? Is it still an embarrassing loss? Guess Pike still can't coach or run an competent offense. Let the season play out. They are still 3-1.
How are Bryant and Drexel better than initially thought?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT