ADVERTISEMENT

Fleck takes immediate action after WMU players are arrested

Yep smart move blowing a good education for a couple of bucks.

This is meant as anything against the OP, but why is it every time PJ Fleck does something, there is a post about him on this board? I get it that he was a position coach here, and some thought he could have been hired here as a head coach. Just don't understand the fascination with him.
Why don't you just ignore the topic instead of coming on here and crying. Some people obviously want to discuss this and you end up contributing nothing as usual.

Reactions: Plum Street
Because he has an RU connection and took immediate action. To me in this era of corruption and looks by coaches to cover up.....Franklin....it's refreshing to see immediatell action. Sounds like these guys need to be in Michigan Penitentiary rather that WMU. They committed to the wrong facility

Because he has an RU connection and took immediate action. To me in this era of corruption and looks by coaches to cover up.....Franklin....it's refreshing to see immediatell action. Sounds like these guys need to be in Michigan Penitentiary rather that WMU. They committed to the wrong facility

"Two Western Michigan football players have been suspended from the team after being arrested for allegedly holding up a female student with a semi-automatic weapon and a knife."

I can't think of a single coach who would do anything short of suspending players arrested for armed robbery. On top of that, they are both freshman. Doubt they are going to contribute, and it was an easy decision to suspend them.

Do you really think any coach would not suspend these players under the circumstances?

Reactions: dconifer
This is meant as anything against the OP, but why is it every time PJ Fleck does something, there is a post about him on this board? I get it that he was a position coach here, and some thought he could have been hired here as a head coach. Just don't understand the fascination with him.
Some people would like to know and it appears that football players committing crime are increasing.

Anything remotely related to Rutgers, former coaches, transfer players, B10 teams, former BIG East teams, and former recruits are reported on the board.

Not at all but there wold be a number of coaches trying to figure out how to get suspension lifted

Franklin was part of RAPE coverup at Vandy and should have gone down with players.

If these 2 kids were P5 playerss I would bet there would be more than a handful of coaches willing to take them on with a second chance

Reactions: Blitz8RUCrazy
Noticed that too bet those are suits that WMU has to have players that don't have suits take the pic in....eithe that or they share the same brain which is why both players went down

"Two Western Michigan football players have been suspended from the team after being arrested for allegedly holding up a female student with a semi-automatic weapon and a knife."

I can't think of a single coach who would do anything short of suspending players arrested for armed robbery. On top of that, they are both freshman. Doubt they are going to contribute, and it was an easy decision to suspend them.

Do you really think any coach would not suspend these players under the circumstances?
For someone who just said they don't care, you sure seem to care

Noticed that too bet those are suits that WMU has to have players that don't have suits take the pic in....either that or they share the same brain which is why both players went down
Of course the more logical explanation.. that this is the look in every player photo.. seems to have eluded you. I don't blame you.. I had to check and make sure and only thought of it after thinking they should just use a blue blazer and school color tie.

Reactions: eceres

Flood?
Flood!

Under these circumstances it did not require monumental decisiveness to take "immediate action" - especially since the 'action' was just to " suspend both freshman players indefinitely,"....
Fleck said the players could be kicked off the team and dismissed from the University if the allegations prove true.

Seriously - when the coach & the university are notified by the Western Michigan University police that - " we are holding two of your players in our custody - they were both arrested overnight for holding up a woman- - we apprehended them in a car on campus with weapons (a semi-automatic weapon and a knife) and stolen money."
.... the minimum is to suspend.

Last edited:

Actually, any SEC coach who knows there is no video of the incident and Franklin along with his backing (PSU cult) who will stop him from punishing any player.[laughing][laughing][laughing]

Every coach in America would suspend those thugs under these conditions.

The much more surprising thing is they actually did something so insanely dumb. Actually, that isn't that shocking.

Oh look, another PJ Fleck thread.

I see they have now migrated over from the RT and of course minus the OT.

I tend to be skeptical so I do not think any coach would have suspended them indefinitely unless the information was released to the public. If the campus police made the arrest and the coach had enough power (can anyone say Joe Paterno) to supress it and the players were important to the upcoming game I can see this being swept under the rug quickly. Apparently this info was released (thus the article) so he really had no choice.

Go to another thread if you don't like it.
Now that we are in the swing of things (Summer Camp, getting ready for OUR season) it really has no relevance to the Board we are on right now.

At best it's an OT thread. OP didn't even do that.

I tend to be skeptical so I do not think any coach would have suspended them indefinitely unless the information was released to the public. If the campus police made the arrest and the coach had enough power (can anyone say Joe Paterno) to supress it and the players were important to the upcoming game I can see this being swept under the rug quickly. Apparently this info was released (thus the article) so he really had no choice.
Weren't there articles suggesting that Flood had prior knowledge of what the secondary was doing last year? With Flood's track record with discipline & accountability I certainly wouldn't put it past him.

Weren't there articles suggesting that Flood had prior knowledge of what the secondary was doing last year? With Flood's track record with discipline & accountability I certainly wouldn't put it past him.

Whether he would have or not isn't the issue. He didn't have the power to suppress it and the police (be they campus or otherwise) would have followed up on it as would the press. There is no way the players would have been given a pass at RU the way things are covered here. Which, by the way, is a good thing.

IIRC correctly, there was an ongoing investigation. As soon as players were charged, they were suspended. Seems to be the right way of handling things. Understand a lot of the Flood hate on this board, but let's not demonize the guy. Yeah, the meeting in Princeton in disguise was dumb, but that is fairly small potatoes. He's gone, and I prefer to move on.

IIRC correctly, there was an ongoing investigation. As soon as players were charged, they were suspended. Seems to be the right way of handling things. Understand a lot of the Flood hate on this board, but let's not demonize the guy. Yeah, the meeting in Princeton in disguise was dumb, but that is fairly small potatoes. He's gone, and I prefer to move on.
If that is accurate I'm glad to hear it.

@Dpgru No fan of the way the SL conducts business, but they did serve a purpose in cleansing the Ath Dept. And I agree some checks need to be in place.

Shift I belive a few of these Fleck obsessed posters may just be in love with him.. Love comes in many flavors.
He is a source of constant entertainment. The row the boat antics,other goofy stuff he does, the Sly Stallone thing from a couple of weeks ago. But this is something nobody should wish on any coach. Sad to see young men with a great opportunity throw it all away. We saw that enough last year.

If that is accurate I'm glad to hear it.

@Dpgru No fan of the way the SL conducts business, but they did serve a purpose in cleansing the Ath Dept. And I agree some checks need to be in place.

I am not a fan of the way they do things either. They never let a bad story die, drives me crazy how they reference negative articles in everything they do. But, they do serve as a watchdog and that is a good thing. Too many schools have no watchdog at all and they get away with murder. With all the national coverage now you would think it would change but the national networks have too much money invested in the big programs to do anything to hurt them. They would be shooting themselves in the foot. So, it is what it is.

Reactions: valkabit
He is a source of constant entertainment. The row the boat antics,other goofy stuff he does, the Sly Stallone thing from a couple of weeks ago. But this is something nobody should wish on any coach. Sad to see young men with a great opportunity throw it all away. We saw that enough last year.
I don't care about Fleck either way, but it does sound like you're grinding a bit of a ax TBH.

Those will return after our first loss.

Well, let's be fair. Ash was never successful on Wall Street which we know is very important when hiring a new coach.

Speaking about coaches. I read an article on Charlie Weis. They talk about hanging out at Rod's and how he first met his wife at Leggetts.

Well, let's be fair. Ash was never successful on Wall Street which we know is very important when hiring a new coach.

Speaking about coaches. I read an article on Charlie Weis. They talk about hanging out at Rod's and how he first met his wife at Leggetts.
Probably from his time with the Giants.

One of my wife's best friends was Parcells waitress whenever he walked down the street to the Parker House. Only asked for her.

Probably from his time with the Giants.

One of my wife's best friends was Parcells waitress whenever he walked down the street to the Parker House. Only asked for her.

Used to see Bill at the Mill once in a while.

BTW, no resolution to house situation. Moving back and going thru planning board hearings and variances now sometime in the Fall. Jeeze.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT