ADVERTISEMENT

Fred Hansard has a good idea of where he wants to go

RRRRUUUU

Senior
Nov 19, 2005
Todd Hunt has an article up. Even though he has a top 9, it really looks like a top 3 of Florida, RU, and Penn St. Based on how much of the focus is on Florida (will spend 4 days there this summer too), it sounds like that's where he wants to go as of now but RU will still have a shot, as he will be on campus 2 more times. Darius had Florida as his leader too and still ended up picking us, so you never know.

In-depth update on 4-star DT Fred Hansard, N.J.'s top recruit
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...update_on_4-star_dt_fred_hansard_njs_top.html

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Not sure I would agree with what you said is the Top 3. He has Oklahoma as a dark horse. Our buddy JG is working him hard to establish a Jersey pipeline to Tennessee, and Butch Jones hits him up every day.

Reactions: eceres and RRRRUUUU
Yes you are right. I was reading it on my phone and missed the last half of the slides.

Yes you are right. I was reading it on my phone and missed the last half of the slides.

Don't think anyone is "right". But if everything that was posted in those slides is correct, any of the 9 teams has a legitimate shot. But it is fair to infer that the teams that are in the lead (in no particular order) are Rutgers, Florida, Penn State, Tennessee and Oklahoma. But Alabama also has him on their radar screen. The one thing he said that bodes well for RU is that he said something to the effect that he thinks every day about staying home and he talks about it with his parents.

I don't think the amount of time at Florida really tells you much other than its one of his top schools. He wants to visit RU twice in July, that has to count for something?

... On National Signing Day, he either will be with us or he won't. Either way the sun will rise the next day.
And that next day is Feb. 2 - Groundhog Day. So you're saying Phil will see his shadow? 6 additional weeks of winter? How reliable is your source?

And that next day is Feb. 2 - Groundhog Day. So you're saying Phil will see his shadow? 6 additional weeks of winter? How reliable is your source?

Phil? Phil Connors?
ned.jpg

If he doesn't commit to Florida on his visit I like our chances. Don't see him picking Penn State, it's gotta be SEC or RU imo. I think Florida and RU are the clear favorites based on what's out there but of course he could surprise us.

I am a Gator grad. I would take as many free trips to Gainesville as I could. I truly hope we get him but it's tough to fight the power down south.

He would be such an asset, family and friends can easily see him play at the home games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT