ADVERTISEMENT

Frosh Gavin can be = to Frosh Essegian/Wisconsin

SBP

All Conference
Feb 5, 2003
I feel Gavin will start and be a huge shooting factor, giving us a dimension we have not had, much like Crowl is currently doing for Wisconsin.

The future is bright!

Essegian is nowhere near as talented as Griffiths, who Rivals ranks as the 20th best player in the nation in the 2023 class.

Griffiths compares favorably to Mike O'Koren, one of the best scholastic players in NJ history. O'Koren could take his man off the dribble better, but Griffiths is a better shooter.

Last edited:
Good shootee on an average team.

It is very difficult or almost impossible to explain to fans who look at stats from players and believe those numbers transfer over immediately to another team or certainly, another conference.

The better the team actually is, the more respectable the stats actually are. With more winning, comes more focus from opponents, and their coaches.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Essegian is nowhere near as talented as Griffiths, who Rivals ranks as the 20th best player in the nation in the 2023 class.

Griffiths compares favorably to Mike O'Koren, one of the best scholastic players in NJ history. O'Koren could take his man off the dribble better, but Griffiths is a better shooter.
Wow, interesting comparison. O’Koren wasn’t a great shooter but was wiry strong. This particularly showed on the boards. We can only hope.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
Also very streaky on Offense. Hoping for more from Gavin but as a Freshman Essegian did help his team in most games which we will take from any freshman.
My only point…. If that’s the minimum we get from Gavin as a frosh, that would be a bunch more than we get now… but expecting a lot more… which is exciting.

Good shootee on an average team.

It is very difficult or almost impossible to explain to fans who look at stats from players and believe those numbers transfer over immediately to another team or certainly, another conference.

The better the team actually is, the more respectable the stats actually are. With more winning, comes more focus from opponents, and their coaches.
Tempo matters ALOT too. 10ppg on Wisconsin 65.4ppg is much bigger than 10ppg on Iowa 80.2ppg

We averaged 68.4 ppg this season, we should see a big leap in that number as we'll certainly give up more points.

That number isn't just about how good your defense is, it's also about the tempo you play at, we should see us play at a much higher tempo and take more shots in transition and early in the shot clock. Paul would often push the ball up the court and the wing would catch and not shoot, I'd expect one of Griffiths' strengths to be attacking in that kind of situation and hopefully that carries over to Cam doing more of that too.

My only point…. If that’s the minimum we get from Gavin as a frosh, that would be a bunch more than we get now… but expecting a lot more… which is exciting.
Got it. That's a good point, that's not how I took it at all. my bad.

Reactions: SBP
We've had poor offense this season when everyone had an off shooting game. I'm thinking of how unlikely it will be that both Gavin's and Cam's shooting will be off in the same game, regardless of the remaining roster.

We've had poor offense this season when everyone had an off shooting game. I'm thinking of how unlikely it will be that both Gavin's and Cam's shooting will be off in the same game, regardless of the remaining roster.
AND imagine if they add a transfer PG who can shoot and a big wing/stretch 4 type who can shoot?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT