ADVERTISEMENT

FSU vs. ESPN... Business is picking up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydogsmooth1

Senior
Jul 28, 2021
If you had your doubts where things will likely end up, it's becoming more and more inevitable that the B1G will be home.
While a lot of us Noles had grandiose visions of the SEC for years, the chances of that happening are slim to none... and slim just left the building.

Last edited by a moderator:
yawn. Whats embarrassing is that you keep posting this FSU crap on this board.

Add to it you linked an article from a rival site as a disrespect to the staff on this board.

Wake up.

Jay-

You have been vindicated in that even with the GOR you were right that FSU was going to make an attempt to get out of the ACC long before the contract was up.

However, what you just posted proved a lot of us right when we tried to tell you that ESPN was not going to make it easy for FSU, and that would certainly negatively impact any chance of FSU having a chance at the SEC, because ESPN will fight to the death to preserve their ACC contract that is so cheap for them.

Add to it you linked an article from a rival site as a disrespect to the staff on this board.

Wake up.
Yet you clicking on the threads and inserting your mindless drivel

Hopefully you’ll stop by the inaugural tailgate in Piscataway when 20,000 fans clad and Garnet and gold to descend upon the great Garden State

Reactions: BigEastPhil
Jay-

You have been vindicated in that even with the GOR you were right that FSU was going to make an attempt to get out of the ACC long before the contract was up.

However, what you just posted proved a lot of us right when we tried to tell you that ESPN was not going to make it easy for FSU, and that would certainly negatively impact any chance of FSU having a chance at the SEC, because ESPN will fight to the death to preserve their ACC contract that is so cheap for them.
They’d be crazy to make it easy for FSU
It does them no good and serves them no logical purpose

Theyll be trying to get as much money as they can from the settlement as like the ACC and Swafford, they do not want things to go into Discovery phase

My prediction of a 1 to 2 year departure remains intact

Wake up.
Additionally,, I searched and did not see rivals post. Any link about this, hence, the link from the other site

If you follow any of my post before, which you clearly have as you seem to comment on every one of them, which is kind of creepy but kind flattering at the same time, you would know that I always post rivals sponsored links when available

Reactions: BigEastPhil
Do we need a 456th FSU thread about the same thing, getting out of the ACC??
We don’t need anything

We certainly don’t need 10 threads about weather, six threads about grilling, 14 threads about traveling, financial advice, or any of the others that get posted

Yeah, here we all still are, on college football, message board , rehashing the same things that we keep talking about ad nauseam

We don’t need anything

We certainly don’t need 10 threads about weather, six threads about grilling, 14 threads about traveling, financial advice, or any of the others that get posted

Yeah, here we all still are, on college football, message board , rehashing the same things that we keep talking about ad nauseam
We certainly don't need multiple FSU on the same damn topic! That most people really don't care about on the Rutgers Board. Isn't there an FSU board where you can get your jollies off?

When a Football team is not happy in a football conference, then it is time to go.

Hopefully, the matter can be mutually/financially resolved between FSU, ACC and ESPN within a year or two.
If FSU departs I would like to see Washington State and Oregon State admitted to the ACC to complete a POD where those 2 teams will play each other with Stanford and Cal. They can come in under similar terms that Cal and Standford agreed to. Getting as much money from FSU would be a very positive development if all parties can agree.

What would FSU do if neither the SEC or B1G would take them or do you think the issue has already been resolved.

I get more updates on FSU on the Rutgers Board than on the Pitt site.

Have no problem with this since FSU will affect the ACC and possibly the B1G.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

We certainly don't need multiple FSU on the same damn topic! That most people really don't care about on the Rutgers Board. Isn't there an FSU board where you can get your jollies off?
I’m here football.
I love football.
I love both Rutgers and Florida State.

Actually, I enjoy all college football, and certainly do not sit out games due to potential inclement weather or other Patsy excuses.

It’s very simple Bus - if you don’t like the topic, or are not interested, simply don’t click on it

You’ve got to be almost 70 if my estimates are correct - one would think, by now, you would’ve learned this

When a Football team is not happy in a football conference, then it is time to go.

Hopefully, the matter can be mutually/financially resolved between FSU, ACC and ESPN within a year or two.
If FSU departs I would like to see Washington State and Oregon State admitted to the ACC to complete a POD where those 2 teams will play each other with Stanford and Cal. They can come in under similar terms that Cal and Standford agreed to. Getting as much money from FSU would be a very positive development if all parties can agree.

What would FSU do if neither the SEC or B1G would take them or do you think the issue has already been resolved.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
If neither of the SEC or Big Ten would take FSU, then they would be in a world of hurt

One would think, and judging by what I’ve heard from multiple people that this is the case, that they have assurances of acceptance into the Big Ten as long as they can get the conference situation squared away

That coupled with the fact that it makes too much sense for both parties on multiple levels, and the untenable relationship between FSU and the ACC, leads me to believe it will happen soon

Reactions: Panthergrowl13
I’m here football.
I love football.
I love both Rutgers and Florida State.

Actually, I enjoy all college football, and certainly do not sit out games due to potential inclement weather or other Patsy excuses.

It’s very simple Bus - if you don’t like the topic, or are not interested, simply don’t click on it

You’ve got to be almost 70 if my estimates are correct - one would think, by now, you would’ve learned this
You make separate threads on the same damn subject.! You haven't learned anything! 70? GFY.

• Haha
Reactions: fg7321
If neither of the SEC or Big Ten would take FSU, then they would be in a world of hurt

One would think, and judging by what I’ve heard from multiple people that this is the case, that they have assurances of acceptance into the Big Ten as long as they can get the conference situation squared away

That coupled with the fact that it makes too much sense for both parties on multiple levels, and the untenable relationship between FSU and the ACC, leads me to believe it will happen soon

I actually would like to see FSU in the B1G although in the end I'm not sure the fan base will be totally happy with the decision. FSU can compete well in the ACC. However, moving to the B1G and competing with the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, USC, UCLA, Michigan State, Washington etc. is another mater.
Would the fans be happy if FSU had yearly records of 7-5 or 8-4. Nebraska was a football power but now not so much.

When FSU, Clemson and UNC voted not to include Stanford, Cal and SMU which fortified the ACC Conference,
I no longer cared if those teams would leave.

I agree that the situation between FSU, ACC and ESPN needs to be resolved but I do hope that a large financial settlement can be agreed to. When you sign a prenup the terms are the terms.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

I actually would like to see FSU in the B1G although in the end I'm not sure the fan base will be totally happy with the decision. FSU can compete well in the ACC. However, moving to the B1G and competing with the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, USC, UCLA, Michigan State, Washington etc. is another mater.
Would the fans be happy if FSU had yearly records of 7-5 or 8-4. Nebraska was a football power but now not so much.

When FSU, Clemson and UNC voted not to include Stanford, Cal and SMU which fortified the ACC Conference,
I no longer cared if those teams would leave.

I agree that the situation between FSU, ACC and ESPN needs to be resolved but I do hope that a large financial settlement can be agreed to. When you sign a prenup the terms are the terms.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
The big 10 will definitely be a significant step up in competition, but the expectation is with the increased revenue, that there shouldn’t be a significant drop off performance wise

Things will certainly be more competitive and more more compelling and fun, but the expectation and the standard remains the same

Reactions: Panthergrowl13
You wish your IQ was 70.
Bus- It’s very simple and I’ve told you this before. I actually prefer not to argue and banter, as I just prefer to speak strictly about sports as that’s what we’re here for.

However, you have a pension for coming at people when you either don’t agree with them, or are in one of your moods

I offered you an olive branch at the pinstripe bowl when you declined, which is your prerogative

But I will repeat what I’ve said before, if you continue to come at me, especially if you catch me on the wrong day, you can expect a certain tone and tact in response

Fortunately, because today is Friday, and we are looking at some increased temperatures for next week, your boy Smooth is feeling good and will decline to engage in such manner today

Reactions: rubigtimenow
If you had your doubts where things will likely end up, it's becoming more and more inevitable that the B1G will be home.
While a lot of us Noles had grandiose visions of the SEC for years, the chances of that happening are slim to none... and slim just left the building.

Skipper and the Swoffords created agreements among themselves that are having implications on the balance of power in college football that have gone well beyond the lining of pockets that benefitted themselves. At least Skipper benefitted ESPN by treating the ACC as a step child compared to the SEC by committing less resources for more content but the Swoffords totally screwed ACC schools by diverting 2nd and 3rd tier tv revenue to Raycom (Swofford outfit) instead of its members.

I don’t know what’s more shocking: the fact that the ACC office did not share details of ESPN agreements with its membership or the fact that ACC schools felt comfortable signing off on agreements that they did not have the full details of.

This is all quite amusing. Karma is a bitch.

GO RU

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
If FSU leaves, so will 3-5 more teams. The ACC becomes the new AAC.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Skipper and the Swoffords created agreements among themselves that are having implications on the balance of power in college football that have gone well beyond the lining of pockets that benefitted themselves. At least Skipper benefitted ESPN by treating the ACC as a step child compared to the SEC by committing less resources for more content but the Swoffords totally screwed ACC schools by diverting 2nd and 3rd tier tv revenue to Raycom (Swofford outfit) instead of its members.

I don’t know what’s more shocking: the fact that the ACC office did not share details of ESPN agreements with its membership or the fact that ACC schools felt comfortable signing off on agreements that they did not have the full details of.

This is all quite amusing. Karma is a bitch.

GO RU
Everyone at any of the schools who signed off on a Grant of Rights (committing their school for over a dozen years), without knowing every detail they were committing to, deserves to lose their position.

Reactions: satnom

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Add the Beavers and Cougars and they can change their name from the Atlantic Coastal Conference to the American Coastal Conference. It would still be the ACC.

Reactions: BeantownKnight
Bus- It’s very simple and I’ve told you this before. I actually prefer not to argue and banter, as I just prefer to speak strictly about sports as that’s what we’re here for.

However, you have a pension for coming at people when you either don’t agree with them, or are in one of your moods

I offered you an olive branch at the pinstripe bowl when you declined, which is your prerogative

But I will repeat what I’ve said before, if you continue to come at me, especially if you catch me on the wrong day, you can expect a certain tone and tact in response

Fortunately, because today is Friday, and we are looking at some increased temperatures for next week, your boy Smooth is feeling good and will decline to engage in such manner today
I could care less. You post thread after thread on the same FSU topic but I'm the bad guy?? Why must you start a new thread over and over again? Are you a attention whore? You are are complaining about weather thread but at least they are for different storms. We get it you think you are the greatest college football fan ever. Your actions say otherwise.

I could care less. You post thread after thread on the same FSU topic but I'm the bad guy?? Why must you start a new thread over and over again? Are you an attention whore? You are are complaining about weather thread but at least they are for different storms. We get it you think you are the greatest college football fan ever. Your actions say otherwise.
As I previously mentioned, it’s Friday, and we have some nice weather coming up, spring training is here, and there’s only a few months until summer.

Although I usually choose a different demeanor, today, I am vowing to turnover a new leaf, until at least the end of business

I’ll say this in closing, and then we’re done - if you do not like a certain topic or or not interested, please stay out of it

To those of us who are interested in it, and who choose to productively and cheerfully talk about the many different facets of college football, expansion, and the future of the game, etc., we will gladly participate

All you were doing, is causing strife, contention, and producing nothing of positivity towards this thread, which is harmless in his existence, and is not detrimental to the board in the least bit

Please, for the love of God, for the sake of the robust cycling community, just stay out of it

As I previously mentioned, it’s Friday, and we have some nice weather coming up, spring training is here, and there’s only a few months until summer.

Although I usually choose a different demeanor, today, I am vowing to turnover a new leaf, until at least the end of business

I’ll say this in closing, and then we’re done - if you do not like a certain topic or or not interested, please stay out of it

To those of us who are interested in it, and who choose to productively and cheerfully talk about the many different facets of college football, expansion, and the future of the game, etc., we will gladly participate

All you were doing, is causing strife, contention, and producing nothing of positivity towards this thread, which is harmless in his existence, and is not detrimental to the board in the least bit

Please, for the love of God, for the sake of the robust cycling community, just stay out of it
So an FSU fan is making rules on how the Rutgers Football board should be run??
We have baseball threads that run all season. Hockey threads that run all year. We have beer threads, what are you drinking threads that have gone on for years. But FSU possibly leaving the ACC deserves, in you're mind a new thread every day on The Rutgers Football Board. And you don't tolerate anyone who disagrees with you. It's you that need an attitude adjustment.
You also need to work on your threatening Internet muscles! Tone and tact?? 🤣🤣🤣 What are you going to do? Hit me with your purse?

Reactions: RAHWAYBOB
Add the Beavers and Cougars and they can change their name from the Atlantic Coastal Conference to the American Coastal Conference. It would still be the ACC.
Good one. I was thinking the All Coasts Conference.
We have beer threads, what are you drinking threads that have gone on for years.
Please keep the beer threads out of this. It's blasphemous.

Even five years ago, I may have called you crazy for posting this. Today, I cannot do that.

We have baseball threads that run all season. Hockey threads that run all year. We have beer threads, what are you drinking threads that have gone on for years. But FSU possibly leaving the ACC deserves, in you're mind a new thread every day on The Rutgers Football Board. And you don't tolerate anyone who disagrees with you. It's you that need an attitude adjustment.
You also need to work on your threatening Internet muscles! Tone and tact?? 🤣🤣🤣 What are you going to do? Hit me with your purse?
I don't really mind these threads because it's about CFB expansion and realignment with a little demise of the ACC thrown in. The very league that sought to crush us and the old BE not too long ago.

I may be in the minority but I enjoy reading about the FSU/ACC fiasco. I'd love to see the ACC and ESPN get publicly humiliated and take a financial beating. With that said, I enjoyed when RU played Pitt and Ville and would like to see them make out ok. Not so much for BC and Cuse.

I also like reading about FSU and conference realignment. These contracts will have a direct effect on RU in the future, plus I find it fascinating. The top threads on this board are Good Books-Bitcoin--NJ Devils-NJ Anchor payments-Italy Travel-Finnegans Wake?? This is at least about college sports and its potential effects on Rutgers.

That being said, I've never been to Italy, but would like to go one day, so I enjoyed that thread. The others, I simply don't click on.

I think it should all be consolidated in one thread. I don't need a new thread for every article and/or tweet suggesting the move is imminent.

Reactions: RUnTeX
Add me as another who enjoys the updates on the FSU-ACC situation.

It makes no difference to me whether it's a new thread or a continuation of a prior one. Either way it's going to be just one thread showing up on the first page.

Reactions: satnom
If FSU leaves, so will 3-5 more teams. The ACC becomes the new AAC.

As I said if FSU, Clemson and UNC would leave I would be happy replacing them with Washington State, Oregon State and UConn (Al's choice) although I suspect the ACC could also look at the Big 12 with WVU, Cinnci and UCF. The Big 12 is the only P4 Conference with no Conference Network. The ACC will remain one of the P4 Conferences.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Wake up.
you realize this directly impacts RU right?

I like seeing the FSU expansion threads, and hope to see FSU and Miami in the Big 10 someday.

As I said if FSU, Clemson and UNC would leave I would be happy replacing them with Washington State, Oregon State and UConn (Al's choice) although I suspect the ACC could also look at the Big 12 with WVU, Cinnci and UCF. The Big 12 is the only P4 Conference with no Conference Network. The ACC will remain one of the P4 Conferences.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
NC state leaves as well if UNC goes BIG as the SEC is going to want the carolina mkt. Then you have schools like Pitt who would be smart to reach out to the B12 as the any new make up of the ACC would include schools you don't want i.e Connie

so many of you are looking at FSU but it's much broader than that

you're being a dik here and totally out of line. This impacts Rutgers and if you don't like the thread, don't read it. Hell we've got re^arded threads on asking for what kind of beer you drink, what to do in Italy, anchor payments, bitcoin, what books you've read but you have an issue with something impacgts Rutgers

in addition, you're derailing this thread
grow up, walk away and let those that want to play in the sand do so

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT