ADVERTISEMENT

FSU vs. ESPN... Business is picking up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me in the enjoyment of conference realignment, ACC implosion and whether FSU winds up in BIG or B12 discussions.

Fine if one thread but I think JDS is covering all bases for FSU in case the number of FSU related threads on fan message boards is a metric considered for invitation into the BIG.

GO RU

I hope the ACC survives; I have lots of good memories.
NC state leaves as well if UNC goes BIG as the SEC is going to want the carolina mkt. Then you have schools like Pitt who would be smart to reach out to the B12 as the any new make up of the ACC would include schools you don't want i.e Connie

so many of you are looking at FSU but it's much broader than that
I still have lots of friends in the ACC world, especially at NC State. It's interesting to hear the stuff they are thinking about how this will all turn out. The consensus among my contacts (completely anecdotal) is that they will end up in the B12 in the not-too-distant future...

NC state leaves as well if UNC goes BIG as the SEC is going to want the carolina mkt. Then you have schools like Pitt who would be smart to reach out to the B12 as the any new make up of the ACC would include schools you don't want i.e Connie

so many of you are looking at FSU but it's much broader than that

We can agree to disagree.

The Big 12 schools will be reaching out to the ACC for membership openings.

At some point ESPN may become concerned if too many teams go to the B1G and Fox Sports and open up their wallet LOL.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

you're being a dik here and totally out of line. This impacts Rutgers and if you don't like the thread, don't read it. Hell we've got re^arded threads on asking for what kind of beer you drink, what to do in Italy, anchor payments, bitcoin, what books you've read but you have an issue with something impacgts Rutgers

in addition, you're derailing this thread
grow up, walk away and let those that want to play in the sand do so
I've never said we shouldn't have a thread on this but we don't need new one every day. It's a single topic. Should be a simple continuation thread.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I've never said we shouldn't have a thread on this but we don't need new one every day. It's a single topic. Should be a simple continuation thread.
Baby Boomers Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

GO RU

I hope the ACC survives; I have lots of good memories.

I still have lots of friends in the ACC world, especially at NC State. It's interesting to hear the stuff they are thinking about how this will all turn out. The consensus among my contacts (completely anecdotal) is that they will end up in the B12 in the not-too-distant future...
anything is possible but the SEC is going to want the Carolina mkt and nc state football should improve with SEC addition and ACC demise. I think they were ranked this year too.

either way, ACC is going down and I love it:)

I think it should all be consolidated in one thread. I don't need a new thread for every article and/or tweet suggesting the move is imminent.
That’s not a bad idea. Honestly, I never even thought about it, I guess there’s a way to edit the thread title and something new comes up news Wise?

Count me in the enjoyment of conference realignment, ACC implosion and whether FSU winds up in BIG or B12 discussions.

Fine if one thread but I think JDS is covering all bases for FSU in case the number of FSU related threads on fan message boards is a metric considered for invitation into the BIG.

GO RU
Never thought about that metric possibility but I like it!

• Haha
Reactions: WhiteBus and satnom
That’s not a bad idea. Honestly, I never even thought about it, I guess there’s a way to edit the thread title and something new comes up news Wise?
I know on the weather threads they do so I'm sure you can if you're the one to start it.

I think everyone enjoys the updates but having a thread every time on a Rutgers board is a little too much.

it's fine, each thread has as a different title for what is going on. don't let a few sour grapes spoil the bowl

Reactions: RUpop and satnom
As I said if FSU, Clemson and UNC would leave I would be happy replacing them with Washington State, Oregon State and UConn (Al's choice) although I suspect the ACC could also look at the Big 12 with WVU, Cinnci and UCF. The Big 12 is the only P4 Conference with no Conference Network. The ACC will remain one of the P4 Conferences.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

There is no P4. It’s the P2 and then whatever you want to call the next two conferences

Last edited:
There is no P4. It’s the P2 and then whenever you want to call the next two conferences
yup but that is going to take some time for people to accept that reality. B12 has no one of consequence, certainly no power players. ACC without FSU and Clemson is much the same

yup but that is going to take some time for people to accept that reality. B12 has no one of consequence, certainly no power players. ACC without FSU and Clemson is much the same
I like your signature.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”​

I liken it to a similar expression I use sometimes: "Never mud wrestle with a pig. You both get covered in shit, but the pig loves it."

• Haha
Reactions: Dpgru and RUTGERS95
anything is possible but the SEC is going to want the Carolina mkt and nc state football should improve with SEC addition and ACC demise. I think they were ranked this year too.

either way, ACC is going down and I love it:)
@RUTGERS95
3rd time......let's hear your predictions of where the following schools end up when the dust settles
FSU-Miami-UNC-NC State-UVA-VaTech-Clemson-ND

Personally, I would say FSU-UNC-UVA-CO-AZ-Miami/Clemson in the B1G, somewhere down the road. You can call me names and that I know nothing, so let's hear your pics.

SEC will add NC State-VaTech. I could see them making a run at the 4 corners schools as well, to mitigate being a regional conferences as the B1G takes more territory.

major college football gets condensed to about 48 schools. Less overall mouths to feed, so B1G/SEC will get the $$, other conferences will slowly get less $$

the ACC will be a step down for football, but very viable for all other sports and still attractive for many schools. I could see WVU, Cincy, UCF and USF, along with UConn in the future. I would prefer staying eastern if I was those schools, over the Big12. Also, saving travel $$. ND will keep their olympic sports in the ACC

I don't really mind these threads because it's about CFB expansion and realignment with a little demise of the ACC thrown in. The very league that sought to crush us and the old BE not too long ago.
i see these FSU/ACC/Whatever threads and feel they have no place on this board.
Then curiosity creeps up and I start looking at what's being posted..
All in all despite the FSU leaving the ACC does seems like Jaydog is posting about it excessively on a Rutgers board, I think the info learned makes the treads he posts worthwhile.
One thread might be a good idea, but new info might get overlooked in a one thread environment instead starting a new thread about it.

Reactions: RUPete
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT