Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
There are no words

Dogshit effort

Dogshit coaching

2 bright spots...J Mike and Gavin. Only ones who belonged in a uni tonight

The awful maac level recruiting playing a role and Pike has gotten away with murder there

Next year...good luck. ive seen much better coaches than Pikiell struggle with talent

Have at it folks.

A game like this should never happen. It sets a new low for what’s possible which is concerning. It means that at any point Pike could deliver a coaching job like this. Last year SHU now this. 40 mins and no answer from Pike, no play out a timeout, Zilch.

• Haha
Reactions: bIhawk
I watched Pike in the huddle during the “cinematic recap” of the Purdue game while we were down 14 and abjectly terrible on offense. He goes: “defense, defense, the shots will go in”

No, man. ****.

Be intentional on offense. Demand the same intensity on our passes and running our offense that he banishes Gavin to the shadow realm for on defense. I’m so tired of Pike being a ****ing Calvinist on offense, acting like shit will just magically get better. We are THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY FIFTH in effective field goal percentage. Dammit

I watched Pike in the huddle during the “cinematic recap” of the Purdue game while we were down 14 and abjectly terrible on offense. He goes: “defense, defense, the shots will go in”

No, man. ****.

Be intentional on offense. Demand the same intensity on our passes and running our offense that he banishes Gavin to the shadow realm for on defense. I’m so tired of Pike being a ****ing Calvinist on offense, acting like shit will just magically get better. We are THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY FIFTH in effective field goal percentage. Dammit
I mean there’s a huge part of that that isn’t fixable.

Reactions: Kbee3
21 turnovers - most in 4 years.
1 for 17 from 3
11 for 22 from the foul line
How many missed layups?
46 total points.
PSU gets their first win away from home this season.

That was BRUTAL to watch.
PSU was relentless on defense. Very impressed by that defense.

Honestly, i dont follow the bball team that closely this season but i told you guys every single year of pike that he really didnt run any type of offense. I was constantly laughed at for saying that. He had some good one on one guys who covered it up.

Hes a great guy, great defensive coach but he and his staff genuinely dont have any clue on offense. He needs to hire a coach to run the offense. He leans on b-knight too much and I hate to break it to you but b-knight aint exactly known as the best and brightest in NJ basketball circles

I’ll tell you one thing, I remember a lot of Rutgers players for one thing or another, but mostly for being warriors in good and bad times, in 3 years or less I won’t think about any of these guys, I’ll remember Cliff perhaps as a great disappointment.

I mean there’s a huge part of that that isn’t fixable.
Sure I agree, this will never be a good offensive team. But how is Pike able to turn a hodgepodged, portal-ravaged roster into a top-10 defense but we’re resigned to the worst P5 offense maybe ever.

Pike’s not the one going 1-18 from 3 or underperforming RU’s SQ score by 20. But it’s an indictment on his recruiting, his priorities in development and his coaching that a roster of HM guys can be this bad

Sure I agree, this will never be a good offensive team. But how is Pike able to turn a hodgepodged, portal-ravaged roster into a top-10 defense but we’re resigned to the worst P5 offense maybe ever.

Pike’s not the one going 1-18 from 3 or underperforming RU’s SQ score by 20. But it’s an indictment on his recruiting, his priorities in development and his coaching that a roster of HM guys can be this bad
I mean to be quite honest going 1/18 from three and underperforming SQ rankings by that much… the first explanation I can come up with for that is like bad luck.

I’m starting to get pissed off so I don’t want to give them the excuse, but I don’t actually believe that it’s possible for this group of players (or really any group recruited at this level) to actually be this bad at putting the ****ing ball in the basket. And Pike managed to put together at least mildly competent offense with previous teams so I cannot entirely believe that he solely is responsible for this (from a coaching standpoint). I dont know man.

Reactions: cshelley and kcg88
Honestly, i dont follow the bball team that closely this season but i told you guys every single year of pike that he really didnt run any type of offense. I was constantly laughed at for saying that. He had some good one on one guys who covered it up.

Hes a great guy, great defensive coach but he and his staff genuinely dont have any clue on offense. He needs to hire a coach to run the offense. He leans on b-knight too much and I hate to break it to you but b-knight aint exactly known as the best and brightest in NJ basketball circles

This is more recruiting than coaching. Which is also the coaches fault but it’s not an x and o issue. It’s not substitution patterns. It’s talent. We don’t have it. Our guards are not good enough. Some are frosh and may develop but the others just aren’t very good period.

Reactions: fluoxetine
The team was DOA May 2023. Confirmed first game of year vs Princeton. We are a church league team. Most losses will be 20 points. 12-13 win team and done 1-2 days into BTT.

5 more weeks and you can move on from it. That should be your expectation.

You’re not following closely cuz they stink?

Reactions: KK1827
This is more recruiting than coaching. Which is also the coaches fault but it’s not an x and o issue. It’s not substitution patterns. It’s talent. We don’t have it. Our guards are not good enough. Some are frosh and may develop but the others just aren’t very good period.
this is my thing. I’m not sure there’s a coach in America that could turn this collection of players into a D1-average offense. Obviously the late transfers out didn’t help, but this is a recruiting issue above all else. Aundre Hyatt being the most consistent scoring threat on a P6 team is as a massive indictment

Some of this is an amplifying effect. These are all supporting players - but without anyone to support, they become less than the sum of their parts. It's like an Avengers team that's all Hawkeyes and Black Widows without any heavy hitters.

The fact Pike decides not to play his best most consistent offensive player Hyatt (15 min played) for Noah Fernades (22 minutes played) says it all. Surely Noah must’ve positively effected todays game? Nope. Look at this stat line.. 0 Pts 3 Ast 0 REB 0-4 FG 0-2 3ptFG 2 TOs. Crazy this player gets this much playing time over players who have been in the program for 3+ years.

Hyatt lol
I can’t stop laughing to myself … we are building some momentum … got a turnover. Great pass… he misses a layup. I’ve seen him dunk before. So I know he can dunk. But he just like idk what he did…. lol I’m laughing still. Maybe crying idk.

Reactions: Kbee3
There are no words

Dogshit effort

Dogshit coaching

2 bright spots...J Mike and Gavin. Only ones who belonged in a uni tonight

The awful maac level recruiting playing a role and Pike has gotten away with murder there

Next year...good luck. ive seen much better coaches than Pikiell struggle with talent

Have at it folks.
Mag sucks. I said it.

Hyatt lol
I can’t stop laughing to myself … we are building some momentum … got a turnover. Great pass… he misses a layup. I’ve seen him dunk before. So I know he can dunk. But he just like idk what he did…. lol I’m laughing still. Maybe crying idk.
Sad Tim Robinson GIF by The Lonely Island

• Haha
Reactions: Pdabs

This is hilarious. Pike doesn’t have a clue but you do? Lol. You’re a funny dude.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT