ADVERTISEMENT

Game Day Experience Thread

RU4Real

Legend
Jul 25, 2001
ITT, questions or comments related to the overall game day experience. Examples:

1. Entry procedures were once again a disaster. Literally measuring wallets to see if they conform to a specific size is not a sustainable practice and isn't something done at any other venue. Women were being turned away by the scores and the resulting chaos made the entry process far too lengthy.

2. The number of porta-johns behind Sec 106 have been reduced by more than half. Because, apparently, the remainder of the space under the ramp is being used as a parking lot for lawn equipment (which looks completely trailer park).

3. Someone mentioned to me that the concessions situation upstairs continues to be a shit show.

Question for the Blue Lot crowd:

How was the enforcement scene? In the Yellow lot, we didn't see any cop through-traffic at all. It seemed, from our perspective, that the ATV jockeys were keeping to the pavement.

Upstairs concessions was the worst I’ve ever seen. First off the TVs where the menus should be were on, but just displayed “no input”. No menu, no feed of the game/video board, nothing. The booth behind 207 had 3 people working total, one on the register and one making hot dogs and one to get the food and drinks. I went not even at halftime I was the only one and it took 5 minutes to get 3 sodas and a hot dog. And then to pay, oh forget about it. I think they make an effort to round up the least qualified people in the state to do math or use common sense, then give them no training, trap them in a crate with blind folds to disorient them and then dump them into the concession booth right before kickoff

ITT, questions or comments related to the overall game day experience. Examples:

1. Entry procedures were once again a disaster. Literally measuring wallets to see if they conform to a specific size is not a sustainable practice and isn't something done at any other venue. Women were being turned away by the scores and the resulting chaos made the entry process far too lengthy.

2. The number of porta-johns behind Sec 106 have been reduced by more than half. Because, apparently, the remainder of the space under the ramp is being used as a parking lot for lawn equipment (which looks completely trailer park).

3. Someone mentioned to me that the concessions situation upstairs continues to be a shit show.

How was the enforcement scene? In the Yellow lot, we didn't see any cop through-traffic at all. It seemed, from our perspective, that the ATV jockeys were keeping to the pavement.

Cops were up and down the blue lot rows several times. What really aggravated me was the cop that gave my college son an underage drinking ticket that resulted in $1,000 when he was having beer in a solo cup at my family tailgate last year, came up to me with a big smile on his face and says “how are we doing this year?”, then him and his two partners walked away laughing.

Last edited:
Reactions: chrisru99
Cops were up and down the blue lot rows several times. What really aggravated me was the cop that gave my collage son an underage drinking ticket that resulted in $1,000 when he was having beer in a solo cup at my family tailgate last year, came up to me with a big smile on his face and says “how are we doing this year?”, then him and his two partners walked away laughing.

The sheriffs officers are jerks. I don’t park in that lot but have stopped at tailgate in the blue. Should have told them It was odouls In the solo

Reactions: redking and RUDutch
Upstairs concessions was the worst I’ve ever seen. First off the TVs where the menus should be were on, but just displayed “no input”. No menu, no feed of the game/video board, nothing. The booth behind 207 had 3 people working total, one on the register and one making hot dogs and one to get the food and drinks. I went not even at halftime I was the only one and it took 5 minutes to get 3 sodas and a hot dog. And then to pay, oh forget about it. I think they make an effort to round up the least qualified people in the state to do math or use common sense, then give them no training, trap them in a crate with blind folds to disorient them and then dump them into the concession booth right before kickoff
The person handling my order at a downtown concession (I think it said the group was New Brunswick wresting), gave me $17 change after I handed him a $20 bill to pay for a $17 order. When I tried to explain that he gave me too much it quickly became apparent that he had an extremely limited handle on the English language.

It took two other people coming over before I could get them to understand I had underpaid and wanted to give them some money back.

I noticed no issues other than the new security guy asking to see my ticket when I returned from the concourse after halftime. And I got a little sunburned despite it being a cloudy day.

there was an ahole yellow jacket security old man that went up and down behind the student section at halftime to make sure people were not touching the railing.....I saw him hit every single person who dared put their hand on it, It was pathetic and unnecessary

the twisted pretzel braid was yummy

there was an ahole yellow jacket security old man that went up and down behind the student section at halftime to make sure people were not touching the railing.....I saw him hit every single person who dared put their hand on it, It was pathetic and unnecessary

the twisted pretzel braid was yummy
Our ticket security guy was overly aggressive in the second half busting chops of people who wanted to get back to their seats who did not have their tickets on them.
We sit 2 rows from top. In one instance, some kids were trying to get back to their row and they did not have their tickets, he asked the parents (who were sitting in the row waiting for their kids) to show their tickets. There was a huge backup of people trying to get back to their seats.

Our ticket security guy was overly aggressive in the second half busting chops of people who wanted to get back to their seats who did not have their tickets on them.
We sit 2 rows from top. In one instance, some kids were trying to get back to their row and they did not have their tickets, he asked the parents (who were sitting in the row waiting for their kids) to show their tickets. There was a huge backup of people trying to get back to their seats.

Take a picture of him and email it with feedback to Hobbs and Sarah

Reactions: MrsScrew
The gestapo that confiscates the sealed water bottles of people who didn’t know to hide them actually took an apple away from someone apparently. There was a Granny Smith apple sitting on the table with the seized contraband. An apple!

It’s astounding how inflexible and rigid Rutgers is. I want to know specifically who is responsible for coming up with this bogus “Homeland Security” claim about the absolute ban on food and water. Was it Matt Colaggiovani, the associate AD for operations? Hobbs? Someone else in the AD?

One person on Facebook suggested it was Chief Kenneth Cop of the RUPD.

Clearly a complete lie when there’s no Homeland Security BS mandate at MetLife, Yankee Stadium, etc.

Truly a insult to our intelligence if they expect us to believe that nonsense.

That’s pathetic behavior in a half empty stadium

My Daughter was denied entry because her bag was one inch to long, they said she could check it for $10. She wasn't the only one I saw denied entry. Along with others, I saw a lady holding a baby with a CLEAR bag denied entry after an over zealous guard went through her bag and objected to something. The police are all armed and in tactical gear. It looks like a serious police state.

The concessions have been horrible for the longest time. I avoid them at all costs, I would happily buy something If I knew it wouldn't take me twenty min online.

Serious question why don't they give the guest workers a little training and a calculator?

My Daughter was denied entry because her bag was one inch to long, they said she could check it for $10. She wasn't the only one I saw denied entry. Along with others, I saw a lady holding a baby with a CLEAR bag denied entry after an over zealous guard went through her bag and objected to something. The police are all armed and in tactical gear. It looks like a serious police state.

The concessions have been horrible for the longest time. I avoid them at all costs, I would happily buy something If I knew it wouldn't take me twenty min online.

Serious question why don't they give the guest workers a little training and a calculator?

For me, they made me take off my NJ State Outline cap for a second, but i was able to sneak in 6 airplane bottles

I got to my seat around 11:45 and no one asked me to see my ticket, some of my buds strolled in around 12:45 and they were asked by the usher dude to show their tickets

Security Theatre at the gates is getting worse. The 20 year old uniformed Student CSO told me I had to empty my pockets and let him inspect my hat. Seriously? Plus I will vouch for claims of purses being measured and women rushing back to their cars. All this for a half full stadium before LDW. This Homeland Security nonsense is really becoming a hassle.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Reading all these complaints I question how many people have actually visited other stadiums/events in recent years.

Just in the last year year or two and in the immediate area: the RAC, MetLife, Citi Field, Prudential Center, NJPAC, Monmouth Park, Saratoga Racetrack, Count Bassie Theater, Mayo Peforming Arts Center, Carnegie Hall, a few Broadway Theaters. At none of them was the security as restrictive or messed up as at High Point Stadium.

The apple was mine...I actually had it in my front pocket, where I have carried in an apple every game for many years (I wont eat the concession stand crap!). Anyway, they made me empty the pocket. After arguing with the guard, their supervisor and the supervisors supervisor, I gave up after I was told that next time, they will let me bring it in as long as I have a letter from the athletic department ( on athletic department letterhead, no less).

Cant make this stuff up!

The staff at our stadium are glorified patrol officers who don't have real jobs. Sad.

The apple was mine...I actually had it in my front pocket, where I have carried in an apple every game for many years (I wont eat the concession stand crap!). Anyway, they made me empty the pocket. After arguing with the guard, their supervisor and the supervisors supervisor, I gave up after I was told that next time, they will let me bring it in as long as I have a letter from the athletic department ( on athletic department letterhead, no less).

Cant make this stuff up!
The owner of the apple has been found! Is Rutgers not the least bit embarrassed about this nonsense? Do they care even a little?

Have you? Have you seen any other stadium as restrictive as Rutgers Stadium?
Yes. Beaver stadium is worse. They denied my 8 year old entry because he had a mini size packet of M&M’s. Thursday night I went to a Red Bull’s game. Had to take cap off my water before entering. Kids went to get food and weren’t allowed back to our seats because they didn’t have their tickets. I had to go up and get them. As I said in another thread last night, went to our game at Arkansas, they wouldn’t let me in the stadium with the bag I got when I purchased a t shirt at their bookstore.

Reactions: MrsScrew
Yeah, I can bring in water and a bag full of subs and chips into Citizens Bank Park in Philly; a place where there are 81 games a year.
I’m not saying there aren’t things RU can improve on but to make believe these things don’t happen at most stadiums is laughable

At the Phillies ballpark,you do go through metal detectors,but you can bring in food and any unopened plastic bottles. Same usually at NASCAR tracks.

Name another stadium where they're measuring wallets and turning away guests who are 1/4" over the mark.

We'll wait.
University of Phoenix Stadium for Fiesta Bowl last year for one. Chase field as well. So that’s two off top of my wife’s head

My experience wasn’t bad yesterday. But reading this thread it asks the question is it really worth it to get hassled? You can’t fault for someone choosing to spend their entertainment dollars elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT