ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: 7pm RU @ Indiana, BTN TV.

My wife said "put a fork in this team" and left the den and went to watch HIGH NOON in the bedroom during the 3rd quarter scoring drought.

I can't quite put my finger on why. It's not like me. But I never told her to come back into the den (or turn it on in the bedroom) to watch the comeback win. Instead, I waited until the game was over and then went and told her.

What's the word for that: that feeling that she just didn't deserve to watch the win. It's not as as strong as "vindictive." There's got to be a better word. But I can't retrieve it.

T Baby won this game for RU and Charisse sealed it

again...I called for CVS firing in this thread...in general I think she isnt doing a good job coaching this year, she isnt recognizing the right lineups. I think she plays her faves too much over who should be playing. T Baby should be playing more, I think CVS is not helping the team out in the way she needs to. I think these girls are afraid to make mistakes, they came back because they played freer...and more T Baby please

This game saved the season. RU probably now needs only to beat Wisky to secure a NCAA bid and one more might even be good enough for the bye

hopefully this is the catalyst for more wins and better play. Not having seen alot of the games live at least this game gave me a chance to see what the issues are, what this team does right and what is does wrong.

Do you attend every practice? Do you know every injury to every player or the academic standing of every player? Please explain how you are an expert in every facet of coaching and yet RU has not come to you to save the program?

Reactions: TRU2RU
Apologies > I sometimes overreact when I think I see what I feel is: raining on the parade of haplessness after a RU ( much needed) Victory

Don´t apologize. Those who act as if they know the keys to success and denigrate others are the ones who should apologize. I would be happy if they simply kept their off-target tirades to themselves.

A suggestion: Go ahead and type your scathing critiques in a separate text editor and save them to your hard drive rather than posting them on the thread.

Do you attend every practice? Do you know every injury to every player or the academic standing of every player? Please explain how you are an expert in every facet of coaching and yet RU has not come to you to save the program?
It truly is tiring to listen to those (especially those who don’t attend many games) who continue to come here and post as if they have the knowledge and authority to make decisions that rightfully belong to the coaching staff and athletic director. They are so fast to react when the team goes through a shooting slump by criticizing individual players and the Head Coach. A comeback win like last night slows them down only briefly. At various times in this thread, player on the team were denigrated as was CVS. It’s the same old song. We need to allow the kids to play and the coaches to coach.
I know some will say it’s a message board and discussion show be encouraged but damn it really is annoying when the same old complaints got revived after every misplay, loss or losing streak.

Reactions: RUfanDNT and TRU2RU
You don't score 21 points over your average because you were lucky. She has the ability to be a good shooter and I hope they recognize it and get her more shots. We can use the help on the offensive end.
'52 I couldn't agree more. But I never inferred that she was "lucky." It's obvious she has a nice shot. Stringer sometimes has players like Tekia constrained, because she wants defense first and has relegated players to scoring more and other players shooting less and scoring less. I hope this changes C Viv's mind that ALL players on the floor should be free to shoot the ball and not fear being benched. If it wasn't for Tekia's lights out shooting, we would have lost this game by double digits.

'52 I couldn't agree more. But I never inferred that she was "lucky." It's obvious she has a nice shot. Stringer sometimes has players like Tekia constrained, because she wants defense first and has relegated players to scoring more and other players shooting less and scoring less. I hope this changes C Viv's mind that ALL players on the floor should be free to shoot the ball and not fear being benched. If it wasn't for Tekia's lights out shooting, we would have lost this game by double digits.
I wasn't thinking in terms of lucky from your post. More that the coaching staff realizes they have a very capable scorer and try to use her that way. She actually seems like a very good all around player too. You're right, we would have lost.

Reactions: RU MAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT