ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD - RU MBB v Penn ST , 2:30p, ESPNU, story :

Name our wins...more importantly our offense wont score over 60
I mentioned in the prediction thread that scoring 70 points was going to be very difficult.The first two league games 52 and 47 points won't get the job done.This was a must win because this team is trending downward against league competition.

I think Pikiell would say it's a combination of both... lack of toughness and minimal offensive talent
Rutgers held Penn State to less than 60 points which is a good defensive performance.If Rutgers had a pulse on offense,this should have been a comfortable win.Sadly,I don't know where the points are coming from going forward because the squad has too many players lacking offensive skills.The euphoria of the out of conference wins is quickly becoming a aberration.

Not sure what was more agonizing, watching the football team unable to put up any offense or the basketball team

Pike is a very good coach, well respected, and accomplished. His staff is as well. Like football, it's all about receruiting. Shooters and a real PG please!

new year same story no toughness we get puked on again
After listening to Pikiell's presser following tonight's game, I have to give credit to wishbone. He nailed it after the PSU game. Pikiell's No. 1 beef with the team is its lack of toughness. It was crystal clear tonight, and was evident in RU's inability to close out games it had in its back pocket (Iowa on the road, Wisconsin at MSG).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT