ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Clemson

What flipped the switch? Thank you.
I will go to my grave saying the more aggressive we are willing to be the better we will be. We are bigger then most teams we play.

That includes being aggressive on offense in the last 10 minutes until the game is literally out of reach. You stand around passing the ball around the perimeter and players feel the lack trust of the coach has. Players get tight. A lot of players are better shooters in some organized chaos on offense. Less thinking then standing around in a half court offense

Miller..great..but then why
I don't mind him getting his first points there, the lead was juicy and he deserved a bucket. But if it was a closer margin, clearly he should back it out. They coached him up after he was subbed out, won't happen again.

in terms of our resume, the lafayette loss is obviously brutal, but depaul and umass might not be so bad by the end of the season (which is what matters to the NET) and our saving grace with those games is they were both on the road

I will go to my grave saying the more aggressive we are willing to be the better we will be. We are bigger then most teams we play.

That includes being aggressive on offense in the last 10 minutes until the game is literally out of reach. You stand around passing the ball around the perimeter and players feel the lack trust of the coach has. Players get tight. A lot of players are better shooters in some organized chaos on offense. Less thinking then standing around in a half court offense
Spot on

i just think having the energy from Miller on D it truly helps elevate the rest of the team..even the hustle under the basket to get on the floor to create the jump ball. It’s contagious. Tonight was different energy. We got that last year with JY and need that mojo back

I don't mind him getting his first points there, the lead was juicy and he deserved a bucket. But if it was a closer margin, clearly he should back it out. They coached him up after he was subbed out, won't happen again.
A lay up two is better than a trip to the line !😳

I don’t think he was saying taking the shot was bad but the foul he committed right after that.

Spot on

i just think having the energy from Miller on D it truly helps elevate the rest of the team..even the hustle under the basket to get on the floor to create the jump ball. It’s contagious. Tonight was different energy. We got that last year with JY and need that mojo back
AKA Corry Sanders

Reactions: Rokodesh
One area of concern is I noticed that frequently Cliff was setting up backcourt screens on throw in’s after Clemson made baskets. Most were not in real pressure situations. Even though he didn’t get called for any fouls doing it, it brought back memories of Johnson picking up needless fouls.

It shows how capable we can be, which is why I'm still pissed we lost those 3 games.
It also shows you the difference if Caleb can keep knocking down the shots as his shot looked entirely different tonight not just because they were going in but his rotation on the ball and his release was just totally different; would still like to see him make a higher percentage from the free throw line but I think if he continues this way he will be fine from there

Reactions: RU MAN
Spot on

If Miller can get us some steals and drive the ball up the court this is totally different team. They were so lethargic the first 6 games

It also shows you the difference if Caleb can keep knocking down the shots as his shot looked entirely different tonight not just because they were going in but his rotation on the ball and his release was just totally different; would still like to see him make a higher percentage from the free throw line but I think if he continues this way he will be fine from there
Not just Caleb, but the ball movement was much better last night. They weren't passing around until the shot clock ran out. Some nice passes under the basket, and Clemson bricked a whole ton of shots early on.

Not just Caleb, but the ball movement was much better last night. They weren't passing around until the shot clock ran out. Some nice passes under the basket, and Clemson bricked a whole ton of shots early on.
This. With a couple of exceptions, even when they were in a zone we moved the ball with a sense of urgency and purpose, more than in previous games.

Reactions: Rokodesh
and it came to be:
Pike was granted another game to prove he's the right HC to lead the program to the greatness expected of it since the Tom Young era

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT