ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Lehigh

I hope that people here who know the score will post it regularly for those of us who can't see the action. Thanks.

Scarletknights.com is a bust tonight - no live stats at all and none of the six featured articles have a live stats link. What's up with that? And the NBC scoreboard site is really off tonight - very few updates and to get them I have to leave the site, come back to it and then advance it to today's date and hope that it has been updated.

Im not worried about the defense or shooting. Pikiell will improve the defense and the shots will fall at some point.

But my one big concern coming into the season was lack of quickness and inability to penetrate a defense. And so far that is what I am seeing. We have to back into defenders. No one can take the ball and beat his man off the bounce. That makes offense much harder. I think Harper's And 1 just now is the only time we've taken a defender off the bounce for a bucket.

Im not worried about the defense or shooting. Pikiell will improve the defense and the shots will fall at some point.

But my one big concern coming into the season was lack of quickness and inability to penetrate a defense. And so far that is what I am seeing. We have to back into defenders. No one can take the ball and beat his man off the bounce. That makes offense much harder. I think Harper's And 1 just now is the only time we've taken a defender off the bounce for a bucket.
This was my preseason preview takeaway and we’re seeing it early. No one can get to the rim the offense is going to be very ugly all year and we will struggle to score.

RHJ be like
source.gif

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
RU shooting is horrific. It's like someone moved the rim a couple inches higher or lower.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT