ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Lehigh

Horrendous half. No defense and can’t shoot. Great start to the season.

The good news is that Agee and Reiber might be able to eat up some minutes since I expect Cliff to be in foul trouble often. Agee not looking too good, however.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
2 huge concerns of mine coming into the year. What guard of ours can play defense at a big ten levels on other teams PG? The 5. We miss JY and Myles biggggg time
Cliff foul trouble and lack of quickness were my two biggest concerns. We lost our two quickest players and our best defensive big man. Still think this team might be better off playing some zone with their length and lack of speed, but if they don’t practice it , forget it.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
Think we’re being over critical of the defense. There were quite a few turnovers forced and they just held a team to only 36 points despite like 60+% shooting. Rutgers problem right now is the lack of shots falling.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Ate some bad sushi. Just had a nightmare that Rutgers, a 20 point favorite, was losing at home to Lehigh - Lehigh! - at the half. Whew…glad I woke up. Oh, wait…

Reactions: biazza38
How long is it going to take Pike to realize his best lineup is McConnell at the 1, Jones at the 2, Hyatt and Harper at the wings, and Cliff at the 5? My bet is never

Reactions: MV9000
I just don't see the offense looking like they said it would look.. little team offense.. little motion (purposeful motion) without the ball. 36% from the floor. Ouch.

Cliff starting could be troublesome. Teams will target him for fouls right off the jump. We used to occasionally hide Myles on the bench until the game started and sub him late so the opposing coach couldn't design plays in a huddle to target him. But now if we hide Cliff.. who starts?

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
I just saw the score on TV and had to come here for the why. You guys are providing some good insight. Thanks.

Reactions: FrankZ
How long is it going to take like to realize his best lineup is McConnell at the 1, Jones at the 2, Hyatt and Harper at the wings, and Cliff at the 5? My bet is never
How can you possibly determine this when 2 of these guys have combined for 10 minutes in a Rutgers uniform entering tonight?

I just don't see the offense looking like they said it would look.. little team offense.. little motion (purposeful motion) without the ball. 36% from the floor. Ouch.
It's just the first half and I expect them to pull it out but that's hardly an impressive start.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT