ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Lehigh

Ok, give us all your positive we look f in great stuff..well wait.

Nobody is doing anything but calling out the short fall so far.
Easy - they won’t keep shooting like they are from 3 because Pike will make it a defensive focus. Then we take over.
If they do and we keep missing shots of all types like there’s a lid on the hoop, then I guess they win.
How’s that?

Cliff 2 fouls predictable. Went thru it with Myles all last year, but now no Cliff to back up 🤦‍♂️
Discouraging to see Cliff go for the head fake against a guy whose shot he probably could swat by standing still.

How can you possibly determine this when 2 of these guys have combined for 10 minutes in a Rutgers uniform entering tonight?
Well I can’t determine anything but this is how I feel after watching this group of guys the last few years and LSU last year.

Easy - they won’t keep shooting like they are from 3 because Pike will make it a defensive focus. Then we take over.
If they do and we keep missing shots of all types like there’s a lid on the hoop, then I guess they win.
How’s that?
Not even close. I asked you what was so great about the first half. Not what we hope happens in the 2nd. But I'm certainly rooting for your scenerio.

@kyk1827 what type of offense are we running?
This year, he expects the ball to be flying around the court.

“I think every team has a different personality and different strength. These guys can all pass the ball,” Pikiell told NJ Advance Media last week. “That’s who I want to be. I want to share the game, pass up a good shot for a great shot and these guys have embraced that. They mesh well, they’re interchangeable in a lot of ways, they’re learning how to play in different spots. I think this team has a lot of good traits and one of them is being good, willing passers. It’s one thing to be a good passer and never pass the ball, you have to be a willing passer too.”

THAT.. is what he said the offense will look like.. not the NBA-style iso crap.. and yet, I have seen stuff that looks a lot like NBA ISO crap.

Not even close. I asked you what was so great about the first half. Not what we hope happens in the 2nd. But I'm certainly rooting for your scenerio.
My point is you have certainly been around long enough to know trends in the first half like we saw NEVER last the whole game. Chicken Littles here go into absolute panic mode despite knowing that. It’s maddening.

Reactions: RU89
Weird you don’t like talking about every facet of the game in the moment
That’s not the kind of comment I was referring to. It’s the “we suck, told you so” snark crowd that make these threads a joke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT