ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Indiana

Time to leave this thread. It's 17-3 at halftime, on the road, and we've got people complaining. We've given up one play all day. One. Please get some perspective.
Some folks are just concerned that we aren't capitalizing on the turnovers. It's rough watching our offense give the ball back after inept execution. Playcalling is actually fine, but Vedral takes an extra second to second-and-a-half to hand off or throw the ball.

This is it exactly. Greg tries to run out the clock in the second quarter. Where is the killer instinct?
I don’t agree. We threw the ball 3x. It wasn’t like they didn’t try to score. Something is not right with the offense this year. Very different from last year. Play calling much different. And Vedral is a good game manager and a tough guy but not a good QB, he literally throws Ducks every time.

After up 17-0 ****IN THE 2ND QUARTER, 8 RUNS 2 PASSES CALLED***
2ND QUARTER!!!!
ONLY 2 PASSES WERE FROM 3 AND LONG
2ND QUARTER, 17 POINT LEAD????? WTF!!!

2ND QUARTER!!!!

a lot of that is field position, but we should have gone to Vedral after Langan picked up the first down; also would have liked a downfield shot coming off of the turnover at midfield

2ND QUARTER!!!!
Where were we on the field? When you’re backed up, it affects play selection, no?

Reactions: Dpgru
I rarely whine about officiating. But they are missing TONS of very obvious holds against our DL and LBs where the holds are impacting significantly on the plays. If I’m GS, I politely point it out - try to get it lodged in their heads so they start seeing them.

Also not a fan of some of the O play calling. But nice that some of our younger players are getting game time reps against a weaker team.

Time to leave this thread. It's 17-3 at halftime, on the road, and we've got people complaining. We've given up one play all day. One. Please get some perspective.
I get the need to prepare oneself for the disappointment that comes with a close game or possible loss after a big lead. But just typing “this sucks” or “figures we’d do that” has no value here. Folks need to keep boring bitching locked up in their living rooms or (I’m sure your families would appreciate) in their heads.
It’s a way of life for @mikebal9 and me. We are Philly fans.

I don’t agree. We threw the ball 3x. It wasn’t like they didn’t try to score. Something is not right with the offense this year. Very different from last year. Play calling much different. And Vedral is a good game manager and a tough guy but not a good QB, he literally throws Ducks every time.
He’s thrown some pretty good, non-duck passes today. One of which shoulda been caught in the end-zone, despite the non-called PI on the play. Not a strong arm, excessively cautious with t the ball at times. But he can and sometimes does make good throws.

a lot of that is field position, but we should have gone to Vedral after Langan picked up the first down; also would have liked a downfield shot coming off of the turnover at midfield
I get that, but this is one of the biggest flaws in his coach philosophies to Schiano as a head coach from the defensive side of the ball. He did it 2005-2011, he did it last year, he did it this year. You can't shorten the game in the 2nd quarter.

Football on big screen, hoops on big iPad, board chats with the faithful on smaller iPad on 2 different browser tabs lol

Some folks are just concerned that we aren't capitalizing on the turnovers. It's rough watching our offense give the ball back after inept execution. Playcalling is actually fine, but Vedral takes an extra second to second-and-a-half to hand off or throw the ball.
If we had a QB with a half decent arm the score would 31-3 at this point.

The long snapper recovered the fumble! Shades of Zac DeOssie (for you Giant fans)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT