ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Lafayette

Haven’t watched the team at all so this is a general statement (and one I’ve made about Daniel Jones)

A lot of “Player X isn’t the problem”.

The real problem is nobody saying “Player X is solving the problems.”

Regardless of who is causing problems, our “star” player’s (RHJ, Geo and Cliff) don’t appear to be solving problems.

Tinker with the margins and role players all you want. But if the stars aren’t solving the teams problems, then we aren’t going anywhere.

Bingo

Our vaunted stars lack of leadersip and urgency are the main cause

I'm watching Seton Hall vs. Ohio State on the other screen and it's insane how much better at EVERYTHING those two teams are. Get ready for some 30+ point blowouts this season.

Reactions: bac2therac
I honestly think Pike starts believing his own BS and as a result overrates his team. How else could he recruit players like Reiber and Palmquist?? Can he ever win a recruiting battle for a quality highly coveted player? We don't even pass the eye test with this team.. we're smaller, less confident and just look diminutive versus pretty much every other team I've seen so far in the B1G. This is all on our clueless leader.

We are also very bad at finishing around basket when we get fouled. But that probably has as much to do with the fact we are just bad at shooting as anything

You gotta think that any kid on Lafayette would have been thrilled to get an RU offer.

The seton hall ohio state game just had an incredible finish. Two very good teams. Were down 4!? Jesus

if our offense was even decent we would be elite it’s maddening - don’t make FTs, don’t make open 3s

lol. Geo another horrible pass. More pathetic effort across the board

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT