ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Minnesota on Thursday night

Cam was open Paul just didn’t get it to him.
He got hung up in screen with CM. PM ran away from CS. CS was not open and it would have been even a dumber pass goiing to him than his cross court pass. You want to win the ball cant be anywhere near PM too many bad
We must be talking about different plays.
Inbound where he threw to CM. You better rewatch he was not open

CS broke the golden rule of defending 3 Never leave your feet
So it was cliff’s fault. Got it.
Are you dense. I said if CO did not make a lot of shots he doesnt normally make we would have lost big. He was solid on offense

Reactions: MiloTalon13
He got hung up in screen with CM. PM ran away from CS. CS was not open and it would have been even a dumber pass goiing to him than his cross court pass. You want to win the ball cant be anywhere near PM too many bad

Are you dense. I said if CO did not make a lot of shots he doesnt normally make we would have lost big. He was solid on offense
He was open right away as far as I saw before Paul threw it to caleb on his left.

That’s a backhanded compliment. For some reason you had something negative to say about the one player that was playing to win.

He was open right away as far as I saw before Paul threw it to caleb on his left.
PM ran to the other side there is no way you can pass in bounds underneath the basket to wing. He should have known where CS was b4 inbounds and run to his side. But CM was not open

Already discussed with the Mods. Ace loves Rutgers and is getting a. NIL deal. Recruiting is more than a one game upset. If recruits did not go to teams that had upsets…………there would hardly be teams to play for
New world… things change quickly.

Not really. Not at all. We just missed free throws and turned it over. Had nothing to do with playing not to lose. Really bad take. Sorry
Going into a shell and giving up a 10’point lead. Gotcha. I think your take is a bit off. The missed free throw and turnover was the icing on the cake. I’m all for wasting clock but when you have 2 captains playing hot potato because they don’t want the ball. That is playing not to lose.this is when captains should be demanding the ball and wanting to put your foot on the other teams throat.

Going into a shell and giving up a 10’point lead. Gotcha. I think your take is a bit off. The missed free throw and turnover was the icing on the cake. I’m all for wasting clock but when you have 2 captains playing hot potato because they don’t want the ball. That is playing not to lose.this is when captains should be demanding the ball and wanting to put your foot on the other teams throat.
We were up 10 with a minute left kupuna

CS was definitely open early on when PM was inbounding on that final play if he led him slightly.
He hesitated i guess and then looked to 2nd option and went to caleb.

Last edited:
That too.

But his coaching tonight was horrid.

Especially the last minute
He refuses to play the end game like it's a different segment and never risks calling things different. HE just let's it play out. I've never seen a bigtime college coach refuse to foul or call plays required in the circumstances.

This is a pattern of losing games we should have won that's on player blunders but not put in the best position to win by the coach.

The first inbound to Paul which he lost I saw it coming cause he pulled the entire Minny defense up the court to defend vs. spreading things out.

Reactions: bac2therac
This is all on Pike.
How is it Pikes fault that Spencer missed a foul shot (90+ % before), his Senior captain missed a foul shot, his Senior PG throws an inexplicably moronic pass across the backcourt, a senior in the game for offense gets the ball in the middle of the floor and instead of attacking - goes backwards, a senior fails to box out with the game on the line and allows a huge put back, and despite him yelling at the team - they (Spencer and McConnell) watch and allow the ball roll up the floor thus allowing the final shot.

The coach put the team in a great spot to win. The players blew it - big time

not to pile on even more, but just watching late game replay and PM completely forgot to box out his guy that jumped in to put the follow-up in to bring them within 1 point (just before PM did his inbounds play)
Absolutely true statement - and horrible considering how poorly he was playing - he could have at least made this fundamental play and ended the game

How is it Pikes fault that Spencer missed a foul shot (90+ % before), his Senior captain missed a foul shot, his Senior PG throws an inexplicably moronic pass across the backcourt, a senior in the game for offense gets the ball in the middle of the floor and instead of attacking - goes backwards, a senior fails to box out with the game on the line and allows a huge put back, and despite him yelling at the team - they (Spencer and McConnell) watch and allow the ball roll up the floor thus allowing the final shot.

The inbound play that Hyatt bungled was well-designed. Minny had 4 guys pressing down by the baseline and as we all know Hyatt simply has to turn and dribble over half court to seal-up the game either getting fouled/hitting fts, getting a bucket with Cliff or just simply bleeding more clock. Some posters are saying Pike did call for 3/4 press on their game winning play to prevent them from rolling the ball in before starting the clock. Idk if that's true but if it is that's obviously another terrible mistake by the guys on the court.

Paul shouldn’t even be in the game. Pike gave him way too many minutes. He had a time out left and didn’t use. Use the TO and setup a play or D. Every possession was crucial.

Reactions: RU at the shore
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT