ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Minnesota on Thursday night

Wish we had this referee crew for OSU.
I cannot understand if you can review a 3pter than why cant you review an out of bounds player. The whole system sucks. Refs had no part in losing this game our stupid piss poor decisions and play did. Why the **** are you not setting a screen for your 90+% FT'er instead of passing to a very inconsistent FT'er who is usually awful down the stretch

Still cannot believe we just lost that game....to the worst P5 team

Reactions: biker7766
I cannot understand if you can review a 3pter than why cant you review an out of bounds player. The whole system sucks. Refs had no part in losing this game our stupid piss poor decisions and play did. Why the **** are you not setting a screen for your 90+% FT'er instead of passing to a very inconsistent FT'er who is usually awful down the stretch

Still cannot believe we just lost that game....to the worst P5 team
Cam was open Paul just didn’t get it to him.

Trailer Park Boys Drink GIF

It should not have even gotten to the last shot. If Paul would acually hit the rim instead of air balling. Also fumbling in bound pass out of bounds. I have never seen a player regress in such a short period of time. I get he is playing hurt………but you are telling me you can’t at least hold onto the ball to take a foul?

Mulcahy launching the ****ing ball into the rafters would be a smarter decision than throwing directly to the other team.

Reactions: biker7766
Nobody could seemingly Guard Garcia once again the perimeter defense melts down and they shoot threes all day long

No one here is interested in the late clock start> That's what took five minutes to review

No, one more win. Possible we still get in losing out

Just bc it was an epic collapse doesn't mean it counts as an extra loss
Not because of the collapse. Because this is like losing to Rider. The conference was better last year. Having losses to Minny, Temple, Seton Hall and Nebraska are going to hurt us as a 13 loss team let alone 14. Purdue is the only truly elite win. This was the one game we could not lose.

It should not have even gotten to the last shot. If Paul would acually hit the rim instead of air balling. Also fumbling in bound pass out of bounds. I have never seen a player regress in such a short period of time. I get he is playing hurt………but you are telling me you can’t at least hold onto the ball to take a foul?
If he is that incapable of making the most basic of plays then he shouldn't be on the court.

People are too tough on Hyatt here . He was looking for cam as he was coached to do. Couldn’t get it to cam so passed to mulcahy. Mulcahy blew this game. The bone head passes, bad shots ok. But too lazy to box out in crunch time …that was the loss
Disagree. That ball was a grenade in Hyatt’s hand, Hyatt wanted no part of it. He could have dribbled the ball unimpeded down the court. F’n inexcusable. As for Mulcahy, agree with everything you wrote. We beat PSU because he fouled out. But don’t give Cam a pass either with his ballet defense on the last shot. And for the shit for brains who allowed Minn to roll the ball in the back court without challenge … you caused the loss more than anything else.

Reactions: bac2therac
Go to sleep guys. Let them be pissed off about. We didn’t $#1+ the bed tonight. They did.

Cam was open Paul just didn’t get it to him.
He got hung up in screen with CM. PM ran away from CS. CS was not open and it would have been even a dumber pass goiing to him than his cross court pass. You want to win the ball cant be anywhere near PM too many bad decisions

Not because of the collapse. Because this is like losing to Rider. The conference was better last year. Having losses to Minny, Temple, Seton Hall and Nebraska are going to hurt us as a 13 loss team let alone 14. Purdue is the only truly elite win. This was the one game we could not lose.
Before the game everyone said we could lose out and be on the bubble. Any one win would clinch it

Can't move the goalposts now

Reactions: ScarletDave
He got hung up in screen with CM. PM ran away from CS. CS was not open and it would have been even a dumber pass goiing to him than his cross court pass. You want to win the ball cant be anywhere near PM too many bad decisions
We must be talking about different plays.

Disagree. That ball was a grenade in Hyatt’s hand, Hyatt wanted no part of it. He could have dribbled the ball unimpeded down the court. F’n inexcusable. As for Mulcahy, agree with everything you wrote. We beat PSU because he fouled out. But don’t give Cam a pass either with his ballet defense on the last shot. And for the shit for brains who allowed Minn to roll the ball in the back court without challenge … you caused the loss more than anything else.

Hyatt, Caleb, and Paul. None wanted any part of that line. You can't close out games when you have 3 guys on the court making plays to not get fouled leading to turnovers and open threes.

This was a tutorial on how to not close out a game. It should be on be on every basketball teaching video on what not to do.

60 years a fan. Tonight may have been last straw. First half of season was awesome. Past 6 weeks a tragedy. No senior leadership. We need a reset but I don’t think I have enough to reinvest in this team. Good luck the rest of the season.
Why would you consider giving up on the program moving forward when we have our highest recruit next and and even better one and super class coming in 24

Hyatt, Caleb, and Paul. None wanted any part of that line. You can't close out games when you have 3 guys on the court making plays to not get fouled leading to turnovers and open threes.

This was a tutorial on how to not close out a game. It should be on be on every basketball teaching video on what not to do.
You got serious team culture issues when captains play scared.

60 years a fan. Tonight may have been last straw. First half of season was awesome. Past 6 weeks a tragedy. No senior leadership. We need a reset but I don’t think I have enough to reinvest in this team. Good luck the rest of the season.
I love takes like this. Sure, that loss was horrible. But you’re gonna give up NOW??? Win Sunday and we still make the tournament — would be a historic 3 years in a row. You’ve invested 60 years as a fan and a late loss in Feb that actually means something (unlike February basketball for the majority of RU’s history) is gonna make you give up?

Free to spend your time as you please but that’s soft

Don‘t show video of Reiber, Miller and the walk ons singing, laughing and rocking like it was all sewed up to the 4 and 5 star verbal commits or Dylan Harper. They’ll run the other way. Pikell needs to get the broom out.

assuming those guys come
Already discussed with the Mods. Ace loves Rutgers and is getting a. NIL deal. Recruiting is more than a one game upset. If recruits did not go to teams that had upsets…………there would hardly be teams to play for

Can someone remind me...
Did we have a timeout left when Mulchahy had the ball right before throwing the cross court turnover?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT