ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers vs. Miami in ACC/B1G Challenge

Which was also true in previous seasons. Baker was a decent athlete. RHJ not so much.

Mulcahy would have been a big help and he is not a big time athlete.
RHJ not a good athlete?

I mean he didn’t have that ridiculous level atheticism like cliff but to say was not athletic is absurd

Already is over. Played 2 teams with a pulse. 0-2. All she wrote
Hmm yes I remember when we blew out everyone at the beginning of last season. And that rousing 30 point victory over the Bonnie’s early in 2019-20

Reactions: cm_13
So Rutgers blew another end game when they were in control on a big stage? Couldn't execute down the end and made some stupid mistakes?

Shocker. LOL. Exactly why I turned it off. Knew it and my heart says Thank You!
Lol you’re terrible

RHJ not a good athlete?

I mean he didn’t have that ridiculous level atheticism like cliff but to say was not athletic is absurd
Baker is a better athlete, McConnel is a better athlete.

I wouldn't call Harper a "good" athlete. Decent maybe.

• Haha
Reactions: RedTeam1994
I didn’t see where we had no starters out there. We don’t have a lot of scorers. Their starters made shots down the stretch. Ours didn’t.
At no point should you ever have Dean, Wolf and Miller on the court at the same time. I think we had Mag out there too so you basically have only Simpson to score

The guy is literally playing for the Toronto raptors
Figure we are in a semantics debate at this point?

He's clearly a good ball player. At the collegiate level at least. Needs to prove it at the NBA level.

After the pitiful football season, I so wanted MBB to play well. This is a disappointing loss. Hopefully we can win several of next key games. I can’t bear to be hopeless this early on. Not being a drama queen, just a suffering RU fan for 50+ years.

But he pump faked and drove to the hoop like he knew what he was doing, then it went screwy.
He actually had an open dunk. Mag even sealed the last guy in there. And he has enough hops to get it done. I think his body was stunned there was nobody there and kind threw himself at rim anticipating contact.

A few bong hits are needed for most of this board. It’s 1 game, on the road, against a good team. Not the end of the world
Yeh not ready for drugs yet, booze sure.. We lost our composure down the stretch but with a healthy Mulcahy I think we get the W. Expect Paul will make Cam better and we won't see Caleb have so much pg responsibility either. We were pretty out-of-control in crunch time. Miami is a good team and playing at home.

But you liked the terrible take that we aren't any better with Paul...

we are better, how much better is the question, is it better to win this game...I dont know, is it better enough to make the NCAA, I dont know

there are issues and limitations with this roster even with Paul

If you can’t bear to watch the end of a game against Miami in November how do you even watch sports at all?
Other than College FB and BB I don't. But I also don't have a vested interest in them either. Since you in this thread I assume you can see I am not the only Rutgers fan that lives and dies on each procession because I care too much.
I don't understand what the timing matters. That's a big OOC game for us and the B1G. It matters. They all matter.

Getting the play-in game was solely due to the horrible losses to non-conference opponents including Lafayette at home… not comparable to losses to Temple and Miami.
I understand that. Body of work. I would bet Miami isn't a "bad loss" by the end of the season based on where I think Miami will finish. But I also don't think we're going 12-8 and finishing 4th. It all matters. Winning last night would have help offset some other loss down the road.

Reactions: bac2therac
We didn’t last year after 7 games last year. Same bad substitutions, same going ice cold, same missed layups. Your point? Last year we were 3-4 with losses to umass, DePaul, and Lafayette. .
My point is we're going to need a few extra quality OOC wins this year to offset not going 12-8 in conference unless we find someone to make a couple of Geo/RHJ miracle last second half court shots.
The Hall and Wake at home are real important .

A few bong hits are needed for most of this board. It’s 1 game, on the road, against a good team. Not the end of the world
I think the way they lost was the trigger for some of these comments.
Two layups. Not short shots close to the basket. Basic layups with no defender challenging the shot. And on the other end allowed two wide open threes which put the last nail in the coffin. D and rebounding was the Pike formula when we had less talent. How do you not play in your face D on their primary threats in end game situation?

Reactions: newell138
I think the way they lost was the trigger for some of these comments.
Two layups. Not short shots close to the basket. Basic layups with no defender challenging the shot. And on the other end allowed two wide open threes which put the last nail in the coffin. D and rebounding was the Pike formula when we had less talent. How do you not play in your face D on their primary threats in end game situation?

It happens on the road, the crowd got to them. It sounded like it got pretty loud in there once the momentum started to swing and they cracked. We have seen it happen to many teams in the RAC

ADVERTISEMENT