The big matchup turned out not to be so exciting

Big Ten

none

Other RU opponents

Arkansas 54 #24 Georgia 48 - Lady Bulldogs have lost 4 in a row
Quinnipiac 85 Iona 74 - Q is undefeated in the MAAC
Sacred Heart 73 Wagner 60 - Nwajei scored 60% of the Seahawks' points

Other ranked teams

#2 Connecticut 87 #1 South Carolina 62 - Mosqueda-Lewis with 23; Stewart with 22
#21 Chattanooga 68 Wofford 41 - not even as exciting as the UConn game

Also - there were some close games tonight

Bryant 74 Mt. St. Mary's 72 OT - Bulldogs blew 8-point halftime lead, but pulled it out in OT
Savannah State 63 Coppin State 56 OT - Lady Tigers trailed at the half, but forced OT and got the win

Today:

Other RU opponents 1-2

Year to date:

Big Ten 115-40
Other RU opponents 107-121

There were no palindromic scores in 21 games today. That makes 29 palindromic scores in 4,087 games this year. It's been three days since the last palindromic score.

Georgia (Texas is another, also Florida State) is a good example of the yo-yo-ing (new word) top twenty five this season.

The SC-Conn game was entertaining, simply because we were watching the cream of the crop on both sides......what is frustrating is when I feel like watching a game, any teams, and the only game on TV is UCONN-Memphis, or UCONN-SMU or whatever paltry conference teams are thrown to the lions, I mean dogs.

Now that we don't have to face them and they are out of our league (this can be taken as a double meaning) I may not root for them (unless they play certain teams with certain coaches,) but enjoy watching the display of excellence.

And sorry to disappoint some of you, but Geno has been off my dislike list and on my like list for more than a season.

(Ewecon, are you reading this?)

chairshot.r191677.gif

Georgia started 12-0, with a win over Ohio State, but is 5-7 since then. They've been on a pretty steady slide down. The good news for the Bulldogs is that they have 4 winnable games in the 5 remaining in the regular season (although one of those is @LSU, which at this point may be a tough one for the Lady Bulldogs). Even if they win only 3 of those, I'd think they have a decent shot at the NCAAs, since they'd end up 8-8 in the SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT