ADVERTISEMENT

Gavin Griffiths to Nebraska

No, it will be MSU.. after Gavin transfers there. G- RUnit's head will explode.
Hoiberg and McCaffrey run the best two offenses in the conference. I have no doubt GG will be much more productive right away there. Here, on a team which had great difficulty scoring he didn’t do enough on the other end to help the team try to grind out wins.

UN will score enough so that GG’s defense won’t matter nearly as much as it did here.

Reactions: snowboarder
I took a glance at your recent posts. Wow. Very troll-like posts.

In just about all of them, you go out of your way to make up stupid Pike-hater BS.

Kinda what trolls do.
What’s funny, for me, is I already have that person on ignore. I have a very short maybe 3 person ignore list so he I must be a major troll.

Reactions: Scarlet83
I think it’s very healthy and a sign of mental stability to have a grudge against a 19 year old who said something innocuous about his commitment to the school when he was 18 and now he is not backing that up. Don’t you look to have beefs with total strangers who have zero impact on your life?

Get with the times man! 😊
You realize most of those who would boo him at games are students of like age. Can people boo him at the foul line? What are your " rules" ? No one should be cruel to others but geez, man get back to the time of common sense.

You realize most of those who would boo him at games are students of like age. Can people boo him at the foul line? What are your " rules" ? No one should be cruel to others but geez, man get back to the time of common sense.
This.

People aren’t talking about following him around or posting at him on social media or anything like that. They’re talking about booing an opposing player at a basketball game. That’s part of the game and if he doesn’t want it or can’t handle it there is an easy solution: don’t play high major basketball.

Hmmm…tough one here and I know this is nuanced. My rule would be that adults should not be spending their time coming up with ways to harass/bully a college sophomore AND they should not be posting suggestions in the hopes that the students somehow pick up on that.

But that’s just me. I’m not the most well-adjusted person ever but I can be pretty rational sometimes.

Hmmm…tough one here and I know this is nuanced. My rule would be that adults should not be spending their time coming up with ways to harass/bully a college sophomore AND they should not be posting suggestions in the hopes that the students somehow pick up on that.

But that’s just me. I’m not the most well-adjusted person ever but I can be pretty rational sometimes.

Not sure the distinction you're trying to draw between "adults" and "a college sophomore". College sophomores are also adults. So are the students in the student section. There are no minors involved in any of this - people aren't talking about booing little leaguers.

Griffiths is likely going to get north of a couple thousand dollars to console him for any negative fan response he might experience in one away contest - pretty sure an adult getting well-above-average income to play a game can handle a bit of booing.

I personally don't boo players, unless there's a specific incident (like Langborg's nut shot on Davis) - but to think that fans won't (or shouldn't) is a bit divorced from the reality of college sports.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Not sure the distinction you're trying to draw between "adults" and "a college sophomore". College sophomores are also adults. So are the students in the student section. There are no minors involved in any of this - people aren't talking about booing little leaguers.

Griffiths is likely going to get north of a couple thousand dollars to console him for any negative fan response he might experience in one away contest - pretty sure an adult getting well-above-average income to play a game can handle a bit of booing.

I personally don't boo players, unless there's a specific incident (like Langborg's nut shot on Davis) - but to think that fans won't (or shouldn't) is a bit divorced from the reality of college sports.
That’s really the only time I do it too…regardless of the side.

The blatant cheap shot with the intent to injure will get a response.

Reactions: Scarlet1984

Thanks for the chuckle. College sophomores are adults? C’mon. There are adults and there are ADULTS.

Anyone who wants to pretend that “college kids” (a common expression) are fully grown adults is either disingenuous or an idiot. I am talking about 35-65 year olds getting upset at a 19 year old for being a 19 year old. If you don’t think that’s stupid…oh well…

I shall move on. My life has turned out well enough that I feel that players transferring has ZERO impact on my quality of life. I’ve felt that way going back to Dahntay Jones and Billet for sure.

Thanks for the chuckle. College sophomores are adults? C’mon. There are adults and there are ADULTS.

Anyone who wants to pretend that “college kids” (a common expression) are fully grown adults is either disingenuous or an idiot. I am talking about 35-65 year olds getting upset at a 19 year old for being a 19 year old. If you don’t think that’s stupid…oh well…

I shall move on. My life has turned out well enough that I feel that players transferring has ZERO impact on my quality of life. I’ve felt that way going back to Dahntay Jones and Billet for sure.
The family thinks our program is the reason their son sucked this year. We had to sit through a year of him "getting up to speed" just so some mediocre program can reap the rewards. They can kiss my ass. I'll jeer him on your behalf.

Once nil came in, players should be treated as pros. Boo away

We haven’t used it in a while….but it’s time to.bring back the “DORK” chant …when it touches the ball when he comes to the RAC

My favorite “chant” ever was when I was a student. Probably 2004 game…

Kid had glasses, tall and curly hair. Similar to Gavin,

Whenever we had the ball the entire student section yelled Screeeeeeeeeeeeech. (RIP) Until he passed it,

always make me laugh

• Haha
Reactions: runrutgersrun

The hairsplitting here is fascinating.

So, are you saying that while Griffiths is technically an adult, he's a childish and immature one, somehow lacking the mental and emotional faculties of an 'ADULT'?

Also, are you saying that it's okay for anyone 34 years and younger to boo and/or chant at adult-but-not-ADULTS? That there's some threshold one crosses at 35, beyond which they can no longer be upset at such adult-but-not-ADULTS?

In all seriousness, though, criticizing/policing fan behavior is like shaking your fist at the sky - you have about as much influence in both cases. People are going to do what they do, and you're welcome to clutch your pearls all you like.

Seems a lot of selfish people wanting to apply standards they would not adhere to themselves. If you were the heir apparent to your supervisor's job who was retiring in a few years and then they company hired a hotshot about your age that then becomes first in line, do you look around and maybe take a better a job with a better outlook? Would leaving make you a wimp for not competing?

I wish he would have stayed because as a Junior he probably would have a lot of opportunity and developed into a good college player. However he left and I am cool with booing him to show displeasure or trying to rattle him but chants about his appearance are classless. He is who he is and I believe he wears googles due to a previous injury due to an eye poke.

Seems a lot of selfish people wanting to apply standards they would not adhere to themselves. If you were the heir apparent to your supervisor's job who was retiring in a few years and then they company hired a hotshot about your age that then becomes first in line, do you look around and maybe take a better a job with a better outlook? Would leaving make you a wimp for not competing?
That's a great point. Personally, I haven't reconciled my own hypocrisy about it, but I'm trying to...

He was in the conversation at Maryland, guess that isn't happening. Tip of the hat to Nebraska, they are all in...
All in on what? Essegian averaged 8 minutes a game this season. Griffiths also completely underwhelmed here.

All in on what? Essegian averaged 8 minutes a game this season. Griffiths also completely underwhelmed here.
All true, but for a "football school" they are hustling to build the basketball program, brilliant moves or not.

When I was reading about Maryland pursuing Essegian, I thought the same thing about the 8 minutes...

I wish he would have stayed because as a Junior he probably would have a lot of opportunity and developed into a good college player. However he left and I am cool with booing him to show displeasure or trying to rattle him but chants about his appearance are classless. He is who he is and I believe he wears googles due to a previous injury due to an eye poke.
The problem is that he is going to places that have similar levels of competition to what he would have faced here. In your analogy, a lateral move to a company that is also trying to hire new hotshots that you will have to compete against. And then adding to your analogy, you invested in training that guy that left so he could go do his thing at your competition.

Generally I agree with the notion that players need to take advantage of the brief window of opportunity that college basketball affords them. And to expect them to turn down life changing amounts of cash out of loyalty isn't fair to them. But, like in the workplace, that doesn't mean that sometimes there still wouldn't be well-founded hard feelings when someone leaves depending on the details of how/when they left.

Reactions: dconifer
It’s not moving to play against similar competition. It’s moving to a place where team offense is emphasized and players are coached up on 0.

Next year we will be more offense oriented but probably still guard-dominant with Ace getting the rest of the shots.

Things change and he realized sooner rather than later that he isn’t a fit here. No reason to boo. Most here thought he wasn’t any good anyway.

Precisely. If I went out of my way to be as definitive as he was …. I would certainly understand people being upset about that when a year later I left the company.
Seemed like a lot of posters didn’t want him to play much anyway. But now they feel jilted ?

Nah I don’t necessarily feel jilted or a victim 😂.
If I saw him anywhere than in the RAC I would say hi want to shake his hand etc etc.
If we talked enough I would tell him thanks for coming to RU and also…, I will be part of the group booing you during the game. For multiple reasons. It’s not really personal. Sports is entertaining!

Reactions: RedTeam1994
Did we ever get the context for the "im not transferring" quote?
Was he asked it?

If my boss asks me "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" before I even start working, you can bet I'm not saying "I might not be here. We'll see what comes along. I might not like working with you honestly. Who knows how this relationship will go."

Did we ever get the context for the "im not transferring" quote?
Was he asked it?

If my boss asks me "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" before I even start working, you can bet I'm not saying "I might not be here. We'll see what comes along. I might not like working with you honestly. Who knows how this relationship will go."
He offered it up voluntarily after his commitment

Reactions: NickRU714
Here's the full context. Carino mentions to him during an interview that nobody entered the portal the prior season, something Pike is proud of. Gavin doesn't have to say anything. It's not a question for him, something Carino just mentions as they're talking.

But Gavin goes on record with:

“I’m completely fine speaking about this because I’m never going to transfer,” he said. “I am never going to enter the portal. Even if things go wrong, knock on wood, I’m here. I’m staying. I’m not a guy that will enter the portal – ever.”

Here's the full context. Carino mentions to him during an interview that nobody entered the portal the prior season, something Pike is proud of. Gavin doesn't have to say anything. It's not a question for him, something Carino just mentions as they're talking.

But Gavin goes on record with:

“I’m completely fine speaking about this because I’m never going to transfer,” he said. “I am never going to enter the portal. Even if things go wrong, knock on wood, I’m here. I’m staying. I’m not a guy that will enter the portal – ever.”

BOOOOOOOOOOOÒOOOOÒOOOOOOÒ!!!!!!!!!¡

He’s not that good. Don’t worry about it
He will 1000% prove all the naysayers wrong. Mark my words. His role was just to stand in the corner or stand up top and hope one of our chucks pass it to him. His game is alot more than that...you could tell he was not happy. That is EXACTLY why after what 4 yrs that Palms game did not advance. Playmakers want to make plays not stand there and hope someone passes you the ball

Reactions: Shelby65
I remember this woman I wanted.. She was physically attractive and great on paper. I thought her exs were just dumb. How could they not want her.. I had my mind made up. If I get her, this is the woman I'm sticking with. I even spoke on it - about having my mind made up

But boy, oh boy, oh boy.. When I finally got her, and realized she was single for a reason.. I had to get out of there. I just can't believe none of you, in younger years - never had to go back on a word before

• Haha
Reactions: rubigtimenow
I remember this woman I wanted.. She was physically attractive and great on paper. I thought her exs were just dumb. How could they not want her.. I had my mind made up. If I get her, this is the woman I'm sticking with. I even spoke on it - about having my mind made up

But boy, oh boy, oh boy.. When I finally got her, and realized she was single for a reason.. I had to get out of there. I just can't believe none of you, in younger years - never had to go back on a word before
I have both lied and been mad when lied to. Just like every human on earth. This isn't the gotcha you think it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT