ADVERTISEMENT

Go Navy!

Coaching at a service academy brings other challenges that other DI football coaches don't have to worry about. Sorry to see him go, but the alumni are prominent people and tough there also.

Good guy but Navy has been decaying for several seasons since entering ACC
Playing same teams every year in a conference is not best for option SA.
15 years is a long time at one place.
I don't like Ken was fired less than 24 hours after the game but I'm not surprised

2020Navy3–73–47th
2021Navy4–83–5T–7th
2022Navy4–84–4T–6th

Crazy thought, but how about Coach Niumatalolo for OC?

We all know how impossibly it is to win at a service academy, and somehow he did it at a very high level for many years. Our offense clearly lacks organization/discipline. Coach Ken knew how to get the most out of his players, and might actually favor well with Schiano where his approach of grinding down defenses pairs well with Schiano's philosophy for defense

I know probably silly -- but just would love to see what Coach Ken can accomplish without the restrictions of recruiting to a service academy.

Reactions: MrsScrew
Crazy thought, but how about Coach Niumatalolo for OC?

We all know how impossibly it is to win at a service academy, and somehow he did it at a very high level for many years. Our offense clearly lacks organization/discipline. Coach Ken knew how to get the most out of his players, and might actually favor well with Schiano where his approach of grinding down defenses pairs well with Schiano's philosophy for defense

I know probably silly -- but just would love to see what Coach Ken can accomplish without the restrictions of recruiting to a service academy.

Coach N uses a variant of the option offense.
He coached with (ex Navy) coach Paul Johnson and Monken at Hawaii and Navy.
Not too many teams want that kind of offense these days

Reactions: Ash_Hole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT