ADVERTISEMENT

Great game. Great atmosphere. Two beefs - one with Big Ten and with some of our fans

RUSCFORMERLYRULOU

All Conference
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2017
1. If this is a home game for us - there should be no MSU band and no “homer” MSU videos in the intro. They played over the Bells Must Ring! Absolute crap and I’ll be emailing Hobbs on Monday about this. BUT…there was truly a home court feel from the fans who showed up. Sparty fans were few and far between. Which leads to…
2. Some of our fans were harassing one of the few MSU fans in our section. One of them included the idiot who yelled stuff TWICE during the early part of the national anthem. The MSU fan was cheering but did not engage anyone and was not obnoxious. When I asked the guys to cool it I was told (by the national
Anthem idiot) that he started it (BS as I was sitting next to the guy the whole game) and that I shouldn’t stick up for him just because he was African -American. As my eight year old son was with me I did not engage the guy any further, but this went beyond the normal jousting that can go back and forth between fans in a game. Another young child in the section started to cry because of the ugliness. It was embarrassing.

Two drunk 20 somethings in front of us also seemed to be trying to pick a physical altercation with MSU fans.

It’s a problem in general now. The trash-talking Twitter culture spills over into the arena, throw some alcohol into the mix and away we go.

Reactions: bac2therac
Definitely seemed to be more liquored up/aggressive RU fans than normal

Heard from a buddy in Newark that RU fans were crushing liquor and heading into the city by train early this morning. I had to be down in Florida or I would have been there. But yeah, apparently some rowdy folks today.

Drinking is fine! But Jesus just have fun rather than picking fights! Enjoy our players and our team!
I have no issue with that either, but when you mix it with the trash-talking bruh culture we’re in now, you’re going to have some issues.

Unfortunately, what’s the B1G going to do, tell MSU they can’t have their band less than a week before the game because the NCAA called it a “home” game. I agree with you on it, but it’s just a total messed up situation

Unfortunately, what’s the B1G going to do, tell MSU they can’t have their band less than a week before the game because the NCAA called it a “home” game. I agree with you on it, but it’s just a total messed up situation
At the least - shut them up esp during the Bells Must Ring. But they could have stayed home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT