ADVERTISEMENT

Griffiths

Feb 23, 2020
He stinks. Tired of the excuses. Supposed to be great shooter, and is awful. Can't create own shot. Can't really do much of anything. He has to be the worst 4/5 recruit anyone can recall.

• Wow
Reactions: njxchange
Gavin has been the only bright spot since Valentine’s Day, even if it doesn’t always show up on the box.

Starting to be more judicious with the 3s/snapping his evident mental funk, and he’s light years better on defense and with rebounding

He stinks. Tired of the excuses. Supposed to be great shooter, and is awful. Can't create own shot. Can't really do much of anything. He has to be the worst 4/5 recruit anyone can recall.
You have to be kidding me. Only guy on the floor the last few games that made shots. On top of that his defense is getting better.

Honestly he may be the only player I want back next year

With better coaching Griffiths can be a consistent double digit scorer because of his height and 3 point stroke.He didn't play against high level competition in high school as compared to Bailey and Harper.

Reactions: RW90
Well he may transfer out anyway. As Breitman says, anyone taking a high school kid's word he is here long haul is foolish. Most disappointing 4/5 recruit in college ball.

Well he may transfer out anyway. As Breitman says, anyone taking a high school kid's word he is here long haul is foolish. Most disappointing 4/5 recruit in college ball.
why would he transfer, he doesnt have high stock given his season so his bag isnt too lucrative...he stays here and plays with 2 lottery picks and likely playing decent minutes and then when they go and the natural progression has him set up for his junior/senior year

why would he transfer, he doesnt have high stock given his season so his bag isnt too lucrative...he stays here and plays with 2 lottery picks and likely playing decent minutes and then when they go and the natural progression has him set up for his junior/senior year
I agree, he'll likely be back. Some believe other schools will take a chance on him despite dismal showing and will pay him more, which they likely can. That is why he may leave. Plus, he won't be taking too many shots next year with Dylan and Ace.

Finished year with 5 points per game at 30 percent from floor. Shit. I think a walk-on would have averaged 2-4 with his playing time lol

Yea he's great. With recruits like Gavin, maybe next year we finish 10th.

Fun Smile GIF by echilibrultau

• Haha
Reactions: fluoxetine
kid will be a solid contributor if he sticks around.
A lot not to like about this team , Griffiths isn’t one of them

• Haha
Reactions: RUDivision
Pike played this correctly. Gave Gavin big minutes late in the season, talked him up post game today, etc. He’ll sit down with Gavin in the next day or two and lock him up. He’ll be back.

Reactions: RUMike
Finished year with 5 points per game at 30 percent from floor. Shit. I think a walk-on would have averaged 2-4 with his playing time lol
He had a rough year no doubt but let’s see how he looks with a full year of strength and conditioning. He needs to fill out a bit, but definitely looked better as the year went on. At least he always hustles out there. A lot of others gave up.

He had a rough year no doubt but let’s see how he looks with a full year of strength and conditioning. He needs to fill out a bit, but definitely looked better as the year went on. At least he always hustles out there. A lot of others gave up.
Hope you're right. We'll see.

John battle scored two points a game as a frosh and NBA three years later. He needs to get in weight room and put on 10 pounds or more. Eugene O according to someone was worst player in the country .

John battle scored two points a game as a frosh and NBA three years later. He needs to get in weight room and put on 10 pounds or more. Eugene O according to someone was worst player in the country .
I actually don't think his ineffectiveness has anything to do with weight or muscle. This isn't wrestling or shot put. Lots of lanky guys with the talent can dominate offensively. Maybe a little weight helps his game on D, that's it.

Finishing at the basket would help with more weight. I remember playing Marquette 10 years ago and had guards that looked like linebackers and finished at the hoop.

I actually don't think his ineffectiveness has anything to do with weight or muscle. This isn't wrestling or shot put. Lots of lanky guys with the talent can dominate offensively. Maybe a little weight helps his game on D, that's it.
I don't wholly disagree with this. Durant was a stick in college. He did become more effective in the NBA with a little added muscle.

Gavin needs to work on fundamentals and team basketball. He looks like a kid who played too much aau and was always the best kid on his team. Crazy how he just jacks up 3s like it's nothing.

Reactions: Scarlet Beach
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT