ADVERTISEMENT

Guess early line on opener against Washington.

Washington -17

I think the game will be very close with a Rutgers win a very real possibility. But, excluding the Army game, Rutgers lost it's previous 2 road games by an average of 35.5 pts. And I think Washington is expected to begin the season at or near the top 25.

With a new coaching staff, new offensive and defensive schemes to learn, the lose of Caroo and the entire linebacking group and given the overall general public perception of Rutgers as a "dumpster fire", I can't imagine Vegas looking at this game as anything but a potential blowout.

Last edited:
new coaches..possible new QB,WHOLE ENTIRE NEW OFFENSE SCHEME..,some of you need to be realistic..season will be a 'work in progress"

Washington -17

I think the game will be very close with a Rutgers win a very real possibility. But, excluding the Army game, Rutgers lost it's previous 2 road games by an average of 35.5 pts. And I think Washington is expected to begin the season at or near the top 25.

With a new coaching staff, new offensive and defensive schemes to learn, the lose of Caroo and the entire linebacking group and given the overall general public perception of Rutgers as a "dumpster fire", I can't imagine Vegas looking at this game as anything but a potential blowout.
------------------
17 sounds about right, considering the unpredictability of RU, and that Washington appears to be pretty decent... as a RU fan I would be
seriously tempted to take the points, if so.

UW -12.5

Washington returns at least 8 starters on both sides of the ball. The only places they lose big contributors are at 1 WR position and TE who were the top 2 in receptions. It wasn't like they set the world afire in '15 but did pretty well with a true frosh starting QB.

Reactions: KnightsofChrome
I've seen Washington on some pre-season top-25 lists. I think they''ll be at least 2 TD favorites. Washington -14.

new coaches..possible new QB,WHOLE ENTIRE NEW OFFENSE SCHEME..,some of you need to be realistic..season will be a 'work in progress"
Don't forget completely inexperienced line-backing position group and returning DBs that are playing in a whole different system that puts them on an island in man coverage and didn't exactly look all that great last season.

I hope you (and I) are completely wrong and we win every game this season. But I think this season will be a learning, building, season and that we're just going to have to be patient.

There are reasons for optimism but I think that optimism should be tempered with some realistic patience. Or the optimism will turn to despair all too quickly if we start losing a bunch of games.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
wash - 9.5 anything above i think is overkill. i do not believe we pull out this win however

Put me down for Rutgers +20. Some of you below 10 are nuts. The Vegas servers would crash if that line opened at Washington -10 or less.

Reactions: Local Shill
Washington-17 but I think it's closer than the line if not an RU win because they won't know what to expect.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
Washington-17 but I think it's closer than the line if not an RU win because they won't know what to expect.

But Peterson will "know what" to do: taken advantage of a still learning secondary and 3 new starting LB's. Wazzou -13.5 sounds about right.

Wash -7
Look for the Huskies to be looking way past the Scarlet Knights and their Fans thinking about their Labor Day plans as soon as the game is over. RU will be the upset special in the Opening weekend. Go Knights !

Reactions: NickyNewark51
The line will be Huskies -10.5. But we are going to kick their asses!

What do I get when I win?

A hearty hand shake.
Why don't you make the trip to Seattle to watch us kick their Ash !

The line will be Huskies -10.5. But we are going to kick their asses!

What do I get when I win?
slapback.gif

Don't forget completely inexperienced line-backing position group and returning DBs that are playing in a whole different system that puts them on an island in man coverage and didn't exactly look all that great last season.

I hope you (and I) are completely wrong and we win every game this season. But I think this season will be a learning, building, season and that we're just going to have to be patient.

There are reasons for optimism but I think that optimism should be tempered with some realistic patience. Or the optimism will turn to despair all too quickly if we start losing a bunch of games.
Based on changing coaching staffs and different systems for offense and defense fans should not be surprised to see Rutgers as the underdog for most games next season.The first game against Washington on the road will be very difficult and puts added pressure on the Rutgers quarterback to excel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT