ADVERTISEMENT

Hafley Officially announced as BC Coach

cute-sleepy-pug.gif

He’d rather be the Rutgers coach.

Has been lobbying the back channels for 2 years to get in position for the RU job.

He’s good though, solid get for bc but he’s no schiano2020

The guy is a very good recruiter and coach. But it remains to be seen is he is a good head coach. He could kill it up there or kill their program. Time will tell.

Reactions: JMORC2003
BC has the catholic thing going for them which, I think, makes recruiting easier than most schools. The Notre Dame misses have BC usually on their lists.

Staying on to coach at tOSU during the postseason. Where have we heard that before?
He is but I think this is a little different...this is a national championship run that was just a NY6 bowl game.

Jeff Scott is doing double duty too at Clemson and USF.

I wonder if Hafley now targets Auggie Hoffman to come back to BC as their OL coach.

I asked the same question in the other Hafley thread.

It’s almost a no-brainer hire for both guys. Schiano will do everything he can to bring in Campanile now.

I’d be curious to see if Schiano targets an assistant with good Florida recruiting relationships.

I’d like to see RU recruit the hell out of Florida again.

I wonder if Hafley now targets Auggie Hoffman to come back to BC as their OL coach.
Strong possibility on him or anyone under the Schiano tree who he coached with. Also maybe an OSU assistant. We had a head start, now there's going to be stiff competition for these coaches. That is if Hafley got the assistant salary pool he was looking for, which was Rutgers money.

I asked the same question in the other Hafley thread.

It’s almost a no-brainer hire for both guys. Schiano will do everything he can to bring in Campanile now.

I’d be curious to see if Schiano targets an assistant with good Florida recruiting relationships.

I’d like to see RU recruit the hell out of Florida again.
I just can't see Campinale going to learn/coach under Hafley as opposed to Schiano. A known head coach verses a 1st timer. His ties to BC are over played, he was there for only two seasons.

I was thinking about this too. Should be interesting.
Rutgers has more cash to get a more established OL coach. OL coaches usually make a bit more and are considered more critical than a TE coach. I’d guess that RU offered Hoffman TE. Maybe BC would offer him the more prestigious OL gig.

My guess is that Hoffman chooses RU over BC for same title same money.

While I’d like to agree with you, I just can’t see Hoffman rejecting BC for RU if the money is there. He’s loyal to his alma mater.

It appears Haf accepted a lower salary in exchange for a bigger assistant salary pool.

My guess is he has the same or nearly the same size assistant salary pool as Schiano.

Reactions: rufeelinit
I just can't see Campinale going to learn/coach under Hafley as opposed to Schiano. A known head coach verses a 1st timer. His ties to BC are over played, he was there for only two seasons.

I’m not that worried about losing Camp to BC.

I thought Hoffman was an important hire for Schiano and I thought it was a wise move by Schiano to reach out to him.

The Hafley hire may throw a monkey wrench in that plan.

Reactions: koleszar
While I’d like to agree with you, I just can’t see Hoffman rejecting BC for RU if the money is there. He’s loyal to his alma mater.

It appears Haf accepted a lower salary in exchange for a bigger assistant salary pool.

My guess is he has the same or nearly the same size assistant salary pool as Schiano.
Hoffman and Schiano are tight. He's publicly a huge NJ and RU booster. Does he have family in NJ? And also, this: https://www.nj.com/highschoolsports...had-big-decision-to-make-this-off-season.html

BC has the catholic thing going for them which, I think, makes recruiting easier than most schools. The Notre Dame misses have BC usually on their lists.

This is true, but Addazio was never able to take advantage. If you look at the recruiting class rankings over the past few years, Addazio wasn't much better than Ash even with that advantage. I assume both BC and RU will be better in recruiting moving forward, but there's room in NJ for both programs to advance. In the past 4 classes, BC only landed 2 top 20 NJ recruits, while landing 10 between 20-31. RU has been able to get 7 top 20 NJ recruits in that same time, while landing 11 between 20-31. So out of a total of a possible 80 top 20 NJ recruits over the last 4 years, only 9 have committed to BC/RU combined.

It’s Haf-time? Pretty lame. Referencing the part of football where everyone literally takes a break from competing and goes to the bathroom.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikershoein
Anthony would not go back to BC for a position he had previously. He was hoping to land a D-1 HC job. Hafley is most likely making Al Washington, OSU LB coach his DC.

Rutgers has more cash to get a more established OL coach. OL coaches usually make a bit more and are considered more critical than a TE coach. I’d guess that RU offered Hoffman TE. Maybe BC would offer him the more prestigious OL gig.

we’ll see. If Hoffman chooses RU, he wouldn’t have to move if he doesn’t want to, though it would be a long but doable commute.

Reactions: Morrischiano
many around here thought Haftley wouldn't leave OSU or he wasn't yet head coach material --- so much hearsay and false info
It was one person that incessantly posted about it. He was a one man campaign arguing against Hafley's bonifides. His biggest argument against was circular logic.

It was one person that incessantly posted about it. He was a one man campaign arguing against Hafley's bonifides. His biggest argument against was circular logic.
Some who knew him and Elko were saying not interested in us but both interviewed for BC and Elko Temple last year. Don’t particularly understand that but who knows where the truth lies.

Some who knew him and Elko were saying not interested in us but both interviewed for BC and Elko Temple last year. Don’t particularly understand that but who knows where the truth lies.

I don’t think that was necessarily true at least for Haf. I think the environment here was so polluted that anyone not named GS had to think twice given the groundswell when talks initially broke down. I think he has a good shot to do well there as I hope GS will do here.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
I always thought Boston the town should be an easy place to recruit to. You have 29 colleges/universities (20% of population = students). Boston is a great place to be a student. I've been waiting for a BC coach to figure that out and get better (more national) recruiting going. Hafley is probably the one to get things right. Spending all that time with Midwestern schools/players and OSU national recruiting can only help

Reactions: Knightmoves
Although Boston is a college town, it is not a college football town. BC Football isn't a big deal, even to the students. Kind of like it is in NY/NJ, where pro sports rule.

You realize having the "Catholic" thing going for them is sort of a turnoff for the non Catholic or the many Catholics that really don't want to been at a Catholic school...

I wish him luck as a coach and person but can't say I see him or wish him doing wonders at BC. They will most likely be a 5-8 win team most seasons in the ACC. They have a horrible fanbase, maybe even a less caring College Football town than we do and very little local recruits. Can't blame him for taking the job but not the best of positions.

Reactions: hiwater
Although Boston is a college town, it is not a college football town. BC Football isn't a big deal, even to the students. Kind of like it is in NY/NJ, where pro sports rule.
BC is an afterthought up here. Its a pro town.

I was at the FSU game. They hang their hat on the Flutie era, still. I find it a miracle, with ZERO Div 1 HS FBall talent in New England, they can survive.

Reactions: RUboston
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT