ADVERTISEMENT

Halftime Schiano Screaming at PSU QB and refs..

At the half, he stopped the PSU QB and was yelling at the refs because we run into the tunnel first. They know this and tried to jump in front of us and the moronic refs did nothing to stop them. Basic operations. I'm sure he was also pissed about the BS offsides call and no call on roughing Korsak, but he was most pissed about them causing safety issues by ignoring the tunnel rules/process/operations.
That is exactly what I said....with tunnel issues at UM it is a big deal.

UM fans were pissed when we stopped them at halftime and my daughter reminded them about issues at their stadium. DUH.....

Reactions: Leonard23
You’re wrong. He was yelling at refs all the way into the tunnel because Korsak was roughed and there was no flag. He was completely correct in giving the refs a load of shit for that.

No. Was certainly about the PSU QB immediately running to tunnel after taking the knee. Schiano didn’t like that. And didn’t like that the refs had no control over the kid.

Saw the whole thing

Was he in the tackle box? If not the punter is fair game.
He was in the box on that play.. def between the hash/tackles. Now, normally.. a punter that looks like he is running with teh ball and punts it late gets hit.. yeah, fair game because they thought he was a runner. But no way did Penn State think Korsak was running the ball... no way... they saw his thing on film and in game already. They hit him AFTER he punted. If they actually tackled him, they'd have an argument. That should have been a 5 yard running into flag.

And on our offsides on their botched punt. I am not sure those 5 yards should have given them an automatic first. It should have been measured at a minimum. And the idea that the guy throwing the flag was at the Penn State sideline... that kinda stinks.

Kinda stinks like our offense that game. (some calls and no-calls sucked.. but not why we lost, nor why we lost by so much)

Wow. Wimsatt.. you have to get a lot better. You have the yips or something. Cannot complete a screen pass? C'mon Dude. Stop thinking and just PLAY. Your homework is to play pickup 2-hand touch with the skills guys and just sling it around. have fun. Remember that you know how to throw the ball. And remember that you know how to RUN the ball too.

The way we lost sucks... but there was a 90%+ chance we'd lose this anyway. It is still just one L.

BEAT MARYLAND

He will never understand offense much less embrace it. He got away with it in lesser times. The sport has evolved and he didn’t.

He has a running QB that he doesn’t even use as a threat to run. He has no idea what he’s doing.

You’re wrong. He was yelling at refs all the way into the tunnel because Korsak was roughed and there was no flag. He was completely correct in giving the refs a load of shit for that.
Except he wasn’t roughed…. Heck on the radio broadcast the announcers were making jokes that this close to broadway korsak was going for a Tony Award for great acting….

Why don't we start with Wimsatt's #s for today. LOL! Then let's hear that Wimsatt had a breakout game against MSU, another joke. Please tell me again that Wimsatt is our answer at QB.
He's not. Saw him miss a wide open receiver early down in the RZ. I'm saying to myself "who the heck was he throwing that to?" He is not an accurate passer and no amount of game day experience is going to fix that. You can't teach speed and you can't teach accuracy. Schiano would be smart to start one of the other QBs (whoever earns it in practice) against Maryland so maybe we can get a win going into the off-season

Reactions: RutgersSam
Why don't we start with Wimsatt's #s for today. LOL! Then let's hear that Wimsatt had a breakout game against MSU, another joke. Please tell me again that Wimsatt is our answer at QB.
Well, considering vedral graduates, there’s no QB recruits coming in the 23’ class, and the likelihood of getting a decent qb to transfer here to compete for a job with a sophomore is about as likely as us winning the Big 10 next year….

Yea, Gavin is the answer. Whether we like it or not…

But let the record show, I was lambasted weeks ago for calling out schiano and his lack of attention at the QB spot. I’m well aware of schiano’s incompetence

Did you guys miss the Michigan State assault in their tunnel?

Schiano was right to be livid.
If he is so worried about keeping the teams separated then he should hold his team back. Instead he came off as an entitled child throwing a temper tantrum. If the home team can not provide separate entrances then the home team should wait until the visitors are in the locker room. It ironic that they kept showing him telling his team to remain calm when clearly he couldn't do the same thing.

If he is so worried about keeping the teams separated then he should hold his team back. Instead he came off as an entitled child throwing a temper tantrum. If the home team can not provide separate entrances then the home team should wait until the visitors are in the locker room. It ironic that they kept showing him telling his team to remain calm when clearly he couldn't do the same thing.
You're flat wrong with the order of how teams enter and leave the field. Rutgers always enters first. And always leaves first at halftime. There is no change to this order ever. Been that way forever at our stadium. And we've never had an issue.

I can't speak to the yelling aspect of this situation. I just saw some commotion from the other side of the stadium. Didn't look too bad to me but who knows.

@yessir321 here is one of your buddies that thinks Wimsatt is not the answer. Lmk if you need more examples.
There’s a reason why Gavin didn’t have what you could say are offers from the elite schools. He played in a running offense in high school, and can’t read the field. He limited at best, add in his poor accuracy he’s a below average quarterback. Just the facts

Reactions: RUaMoose
As a RU HC Flood’s 27-24 record remains the gold standard during B1G play. His 8-5 B1G record in 2014, incldg a bowl win vs UNC and a win vs Michigan, would thrill RU fans today.

The dude was gifted NFL ready defenses lol.

The one thing I will always give Flood credit for over Schiano was his ability to coach loose and have his players play loose.

@Arkansas we never win that game with Schiano as our coach.

I can also be sure that in a 45 point loss where we kept shooting ourselves in the foot it wouldn’t have mattered…

Blaming refs for a 45 point loss is pathetic
Not blaming the refs and the game was closer at the time. Just pointing out this team never gets any calls in their favor. Unfortunately you have to earn them in the B1G by being an original member.

Not blaming the refs and the game was closer at the time. Just pointing out this team never gets any calls in their favor. Unfortunately you have to earn them in the B1G by being an original member.
It goes both ways. There was an egregious hold on the psu defender the drive prior that we scored on that would have knocked us out of field goal range had it been called properly.

Fans simply tend to only remember the calls that go against their own team.

Officials were bad last night, but it went both ways. It was an Angel Hernandez game, bad officiating all around

That can't be right because Penn State isn't an original member either. You have to earn them by being good, and right now we're not.
This… paterno famously wanted to remain independent, and single-handedly blew up the old big east by not joining…. If you really wanna go back in history.

Though it’s also true that paterno was one of the biggest advocates of adding Rutgers to the big 10…. A fact many of our fans don’t want to admit

It goes both ways. There was an egregious hold on the psu defender the drive prior that we scored on that would have knocked us out of field goal range had it been called properly.

Fans simply tend to only remember the calls that go against their own team.

Officials were bad last night, but it went both ways. It was an Angel Hernandez game, bad officiating all around
Was this the crew with the female sideline judge? They were horrendous in a prior game I recall. To be honest, holds happen every play so missed calls don’t bother me there. Visible hits where everyone was watching cause debates like this one.

Greg said in his postgame presser that the offsides call on Max Melton when the PSU punter fumbled changed the course of a 14-10 game with us not getting the ball near their 20.

He also said that we are closing the gap against the top teams in the conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT