ADVERTISEMENT

Halftime Schiano Screaming at PSU QB and refs..

Was this the crew with the female sideline judge? They were horrendous in a prior game I recall. To be honest, holds happen every play so missed calls don’t bother me there. Visible hits where everyone was watching cause debates like this one.
Eh, it was one of the most obvious holds I’ve seen all year. The play where the psu defender #11 broke right up the middle and our guard had his arm wrapped around the guys neck to pull him down from the opposite shoulder pad…. It was as obvious of a hold as you are ever going to see.

Greg said in his postgame presser that the offsides call on Max Melton when the PSU punter fumbled changed the course of a 14-10 game with us not getting the ball near their 20.
I'm a big Schiano fan, but I shook my head when I heard that. A well-coached team recovers from adversity. A bad call in the first half in a close game shouldn't be decisive.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
This… paterno famously wanted to remain independent, and single-handedly blew up the old big east by not joining…. If you really wanna go back in history.

Though it’s also true that paterno was one of the biggest advocates of adding Rutgers to the big 10…. A fact many of our fans don’t want to admit
Yes, Paterno wanted us in the Big Ten, but for Penn State's benefit -- he didn't want Penn State to be the east-most team in the conference. Beside, we were a certain win every year.

Reactions: RU-AGK
Yes, Paterno wanted us in the Big Ten, but for Penn State's benefit -- he didn't want Penn State to be the east-most team in the conference. Beside, we were a certain win every year.
The reasons you can debate all you want, the reality is this board hates paterno, and loves being in the big 10…. We aren’t in the Big 10 without paterno. Just the reality. No I’m not defending him turning a blind eye, what I’m saying is our fans are too dumb to realize he was essential to our successes. Heck what coaching tree did Greg Schiano come from? Pretty hilarious how much our fanbase hates paterno and yet we owe basically all of our successes to him

The reasons you can debate all you want, the reality is this board hates paterno, and loves being in the big 10…. We aren’t in the Big 10 without paterno. Just the reality. No I’m not defending him turning a blind eye, what I’m saying is our fans are too dumb to realize he was essential to our successes. Heck what coaching tree did Greg Schiano come from? Pretty hilarious how much our fanbase hates paterno and yet we owe basically all of our successes to him
"Essential" is pretty strong. Paterno stopped coaching the year before we were invited to the Big Ten. There were lots of reasons the Big Ten invited us. The endorsement of a coach who had left his school in disgrace was at best a minor one. BTW, I agree that the Paterno hatred on this board is overdone, but it's partly just general hatred of Penn State.

We are in the B10 because we are a large flagship State U in the largest media market in the country.

"Essential" is pretty strong. Paterno stopped coaching the year before we were invited to the Big Ten. There were lots of reasons the Big Ten invited us. The endorsement of a coach who had left his school in disgrace was at best a minor one. BTW, I agree that the Paterno hatred on this board is overdone, but it's partly just general hatred of Penn State.
Essential…. We don’t even get a seat at the table to start negotiations without paterno. Additionally we never get Greg schiano without paterno…. Sucks for our fans to hear, but yes, Rutgers would be UConn without paterno

• Haha
Reactions: Luvscarletknights
Reactions: NotInRHouse
He was 4-12 in the BIG. Two of those wins were Indiana.
He’s sucked too. With most of those losses beatdowns.

GS already had 5 B1G wins in the same time span as Flood. And unlike Flood, GS actually had some competitive losses.

The Venn Diagram of Floodies and GS haters is a circle because the Floodies are just trolls.

I guess Flood was better because he was getting blown out by Houston and Kent State versus top 10 teams. Yes those were the days!

Not to mention Flood had GS' players while GS is playing with Ash players and 19 year olds.

He was 4-12 in the BIG. Two of those wins were Indiana.
He’s sucked too. With most of those losses beatdowns.

4-10 (he missed two big ten Games). 28.6 winning percentage

Greg is 6-20 as of last night. A 23.1 winning percentage.

Flood >>>>>> Greg. Stats show

Now we’re debating which RU head coach has less sh!tty records. Rutgers football message boards are depressing.

If he is so worried about keeping the teams separated then he should hold his team back. Instead he came off as an entitled child throwing a temper tantrum. If the home team can not provide separate entrances then the home team should wait until the visitors are in the locker room. It ironic that they kept showing him telling his team to remain calm when clearly he couldn't do the same thing.
Team closest should go first. Team on other side of field goes 2nd. Pretty simple concept.

If he is so worried about keeping the teams separated then he should hold his team back.
That's not how it works. You can stop looking for something to pretend to have an issue with.
Wouldn’t the appropriate hosting manners/etiquette be to allow the visitor to go first?
Not necessarily appropriate. It's not about courtesy, there's a protocol in place and it's easy to follow. And it's rather common practice around college football and basketball in situations where the access is shared.

Actually, there doesn't seem to be a set rule. At Michigan's stadium, the visiting team gets to go into the tunnel first. There are very few stadiums with only one tunnel. Schiano says in the linked article that our stadium is supposed to get a second tunnel and says (this was before the Penn State game) that there's never been a problem. Franklin says a conference-wide policy is needed, and for once he has a point. I can easily see how the Penn State QB might have thought that his team was entitled to go in first. https://www.whec.com/national-sports/tussles-in-stadium-tunnels-a-throwback-issue-in-older-venues/

That's not how it works. You can stop looking for something to pretend to have an issue with.

He's a State Penn Pedophile Enabler, so what do you expect?

Kinda like your Schiano doll that gives you the warm and fuzzy.

Kind of like that blowup doll you have in place of a woman, oh, wait.....completely different usage, never mind.

Actually, there doesn't seem to be a set rule. At Michigan's stadium, the visiting team gets to go into the tunnel first. There are very few stadiums with only one tunnel. Schiano says in the linked article that our stadium is supposed to get a second tunnel and says (this was before the Penn State game) that there's never been a problem. Franklin says a conference-wide policy is needed, and for once he has a point. I can easily see how the Penn State QB might have thought that his team was entitled to go in first. https://www.whec.com/national-sports/tussles-in-stadium-tunnels-a-throwback-issue-in-older-venues/
I believe he meant a rule by stadium, not a rule across all stadiums.

Reactions: Leonard23
  • Wow
Reactions: Luvscarletknights
That was my point. PSU, Nebraska and Maryland get screwed by the officials as well.
Everybody always feels screwed by the officials. To take a pro football example, last week the Eagles were screwed by a missed face mask call; this week the Eagles were benefited by a missed face mask call. It seems to me that it ought to be pretty easy to see that a ball carrier's face mask is being pulled, but evidently not.

Last edited:
Schiano is really good at yelling at things, I wonder if that’s part of his comp plan.

The list of things Greg is better at than winning football games continues to grow.

We are seeing some cracks because GS knows the same thing many of us fan's know. This new system has adversely affected what he does well as a coach, recruiting and talent evaluation.

So it is harder for him to keep the stress under his collar.

This… paterno famously wanted to remain independent, and single-handedly blew up the old big east by not joining…. If you really wanna go back in history.

Though it’s also true that paterno was one of the biggest advocates of adding Rutgers to the big 10…. A fact many of our fans don’t want to admit

Penn state applied and was rejected by the big east. Hard to join a league that won’t admit you. The Big East blew up the Big East with that vote.

Penn state applied and was rejected by the big east. Hard to join a league that won’t admit you. The Big East blew up the Big East with that vote.
This is true. Penn State was rejected by a single vote. Tranghese, then assistant commissioner, told his boss Dave Gavitt that the Big East would rue the day. (I have a link from bleacherreport.com, but for some reason it won't show on this site.)

Last edited:
The list of things Greg is better at than winning football games continues to grow.
Couldn't you say that about every single head coach Rutgers football has had since it decided to go Big Time ?

Pat hired Ash. He can’t say sh1t.
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

For the millionth freaking time

Reactions: Knightmoves
If he is so worried about keeping the teams separated then he should hold his team back. Instead he came off as an entitled child throwing a temper tantrum. If the home team can not provide separate entrances then the home team should wait until the visitors are in the locker room. It ironic that they kept showing him telling his team to remain calm when clearly he couldn't do the same thing.
Yes, he should just defer to your prestige.

F*ck off.

And that's exactly what he told them.

ADVERTISEMENT