ADVERTISEMENT

Halftime Schiano Screaming at PSU QB and refs..

Yes. Of course. But my argument for Flood >>>>> Schiano is on field gameday coaching. So I decided not to include those games he wasn’t on the field coaching
Yes but getting yourself suspended so that you can’t coach makes it difficult to positively impact the action on the field on game day.

Reactions: retired711
Flood went 8-5 in the B1G in 2014 with wins over Michigan, Indiana and Maryland and a bowl win over UNC.

How long before Greg approaches those results in a season?
We won’t see it during his current contract. Maybe when he renews after the 8 years are up we can get to maybe 6-7 wins and reach a Bowl.

Reactions: RUforlife
Yes. Of course. But my argument for Flood >>>>> Schiano is on field gameday coaching. So I decided not to include those games he wasn’t on the field coaching
Anyone who disagrees that Flood was a better game day coach than Schiano is just flat out lying / lying to themselves.

8-5 in the B1G with a bowl win vs a P5 team NIRH. What have you got to compete with that?

Btw Greg’s 3 B1G wins in 2020 came with Ash’s players.

LOL. I guess Greg was at fault for his first season and 3 B1G wins being during COVID.

Surely GS cancelled the OOC cupcake games too.

BTW Kyle's 8-5 season came with Greg's players.

Yes but getting yourself suspended so that you can’t coach makes it difficult to positively impact the action on the field on game day.

To be fair, one of the best results of Flood's tenure was nearly beating MSU.

Of course, he was suspended and his only appearance at the game was to be massively booed on the jumbotron, but alas.

Certainly nearly beating MSU was better than Flood getting blown out by Houston and Kent State, so that is something.

We get it. Floodies hate Greg.

Anything to deny the fact that we're rebuilding now because Flood destroyed the program (and Ash burnt down the remnants).

I dont HATE Greg, though. You don’t seem to get it.

There’s no rebuilding in college football anymore. Program is fine.

Happy T-giving, anyhow. Go RU!

Back on topic, if Greg was yelling at PSU players it's pretty damn hypocritical of him. Didn't he sprint across the field a few games ago and get all fired up for another coach saying something to one of our guys?

Reactions: PSU_Nut
Back on topic, if Greg was yelling at PSU players it's pretty damn hypocritical of him. Didn't he sprint across the field a few games ago and get all fired up for another coach saying something to one of our guys?

Would it have been better for him to not say something and then have a fight break out?

Would it have been better for him to not say something and then have a fight break out?
Exactly DJ Spanky… the dislike and hate for Schiano is way over the top.You are right in this regard if something occurred in that tunnel at the half who do you think would be blamed .? The media would have a field day .Example:. MSU end of game scrum for ball… who gets faulted …who is the idiot who asked Schiano about Mel Tucker’s postgame handshake? Did they ask Skinhead Franklin why his player did that? I didn’t see anything . Rutgers deserves criticism for poor play . Schiano and the staff are responsible for not correcting the too many penalties issue and problem on special teams kickoffs which has been drastically impacted by injuries to key players. Injuries , youth and depth can add 2-3 losses you may have avoided. Losing Ray Konga and Avery Young , Dionne Jennings is going to hurt even more .Schiano made no excuses except to say all teams at this point are going through similar. I have followed this program closely for over 55 years it is the most I have seen on the injury front. The naysayers would tell you it’s Schiano’s fault …can’t recruit, can’t coach needs to quit. Well we’ll see in a few years whether or not he’s a good coach…like several others have said next year will really tell the tale.We even have some after the last game saying GW will never be the guy. Now that kind of says a great deal about a poster or posters wha claim to be fans on this site.

Reactions: shields
No, because screaming at a player doesn't diffuse a situation.
Actually, I thought that at Ohio State GS was screaming at Ryan Day rather than at a player. Coaches are fair game, of course. I don't know if the screaming worked, but there wasn't a fight in a situation where there easily could have been one.

Actually, I thought that at Ohio State GS was screaming at Ryan Day rather than at a player. Coaches are fair game, of course. I don't know if the screaming worked, but there wasn't a fight in a situation where there easily could have been one.
Sorry, I thought he was screaming at Ryan Day and the staff because they said something to one of our players.

He was … that may not make for a feel good story but it was appropriate conversation.

I dont HATE Greg, though. You don’t seem to get it.

There’s no rebuilding in college football anymore. Program is fine.

Happy T-giving, anyhow. Go RU!

I guess you admit being a Floodie though. And disliking Greg, even though he's largely why we got into the B1G in the first place.

I guess you admit being a Floodie though. And disliking Greg, even though he's largely why we got into the B1G in the first place.

Im not sure what a “floodie” is so can’t admit to being one.

Ill admit to a few things and hopefully put this silliness to rest.

I think flood is a better gsmeday coach than Greg.

I don’t dislike Greg. Hes ours head cosch, I’m not going to ever dislike a head coach. I do wish we had a young offensive mind leading our team. But we don’t, it is what it is. I don’t believe Greg’s the answer here but who knows.

Yes, he built a program worthy enough to get into big ten so he deserves a large amount of credit. But I’m telling ya we didn’t get into the big ten based on “on field success” from his first tenure year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT