ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Birthday Cam Spencer !

And this shows you don’t really know how this works. My mom worked at RU helping drag kids across the line including many athletes. RU must have moved heaven and earth to help Cam.
Can was all-academic in the patriot league.

And this shows you don’t really know how this works. My mom worked at RU helping drag kids across the line including many athletes. RU must have moved heaven and earth to help Cam.

I’m sure Cams grades were fine. He won an academic award at Loyola.

Can was all-academic in the patriot league.

It doesn’t matter what his grades were. It’s unlikely that we offer exactly the same classes for a 100% perfect match in transcript review on both core requirements and qualifications for any specific major such that he’d only need exactly the RU min transfer requirement of 30 credits for a degree. He’d need a waiver and he’s not a paying student so this would’ve been handled by Pike and company. Waiver requests aren’t uncommon by the way - but usually they are made by paying transfer students looking to reduce their bills.

It would be cool if Cam Spencer turned into some modern day version of Sisyphus. But instead of the boulder every day he wakes up with the worst case of gonorrhea in history. He spends his entire day searching for antibiotic strong enough and then falls asleep and wakes up with a worse case than the day before.

The fact that he is playing for a NC after screwing us and helping send our season off the rails is unjust.

Screw your Birthday Cam.
Maybe your mommy and daddy can help write another revisionist history puff piece for you.

It would be cool if Cam Spencer turned into some modern day version of Sisyphus. But instead of the boulder every day he wakes up with the worst case of gonorrhea in history. He spends his entire day searching for antibiotic strong enough and then falls asleep and wakes up with a worse case than the day before.

The fact that he is playing for a NC after screwing us and helping send our season off the rails is unjust.

Screw your Birthday Cam.
Maybe your mommy and daddy can help write another revisionist history puff piece for you.
Agreed. Total dogshit.

Plum giving off major cuck vibes

Have to agree. Lousy thread in the first place, and recognizing him as a “graduate”just patronizes the situation. Anyone who stops to think for even a second about how the whole thing had to of played out realizes our staff was duped into believing he had grad school ambitions at RU. Pike and team likely facilitated plans for a grad program at RU and worked with the director of his undergrad major to see to it that he would take whatever credits he needed to graduate when he did. Lots of time involved and only would’ve happened with Cam putting on an academy award performance feigning interest and intention in our grad school. I sort of wonder what would’ve happened if he needed to take a few undergrad classes over the summer.

Have to agree. Lousy thread in the first place, and recognizing him as a “graduate”just patronizes the situation. Anyone who stops to think for even a second about how the whole thing had to of played out realizes our staff was duped into believing he had grad school ambitions at RU. Pike and team likely facilitated plans for a grad program at RU and worked with the director of his undergrad major to see to it that he would take whatever credits he needed to graduate when he did. Lots of time involved and only would’ve happened with Cam putting on an academy award performance feigning interest and intention in our grad school. I sort of wonder what would’ve happened if he needed to take a few undergrad classes over the summer.

It was a well done troll. You took the bait.

Lots of Rutgers angles
Spencer is lacing them up, while being coached by former Rutgers assistant Dan Hurley.
And Jay Wright who was about to sign on as Rutgers coach until Villanova fired Steve Lappas the Rat, to block Rutgers and sign Wright

Reactions: Plum Street
Well you got your reactions Mrs. Spencer. With you kissing Cam's ass basically, too bad he screwed Pike and had nothing good to say about him or the program when he left. Some people on here lol.
He put himself in a position to win a natty, and play a coach on the floor role, and Clearly saw what many on this board do not the difference in coaching approach and acumen that currently exist between the 2 programs. Offensively and accountability wise.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
He put himself in a position to win a natty, and play a coach on the floor role, and Clearly saw what many on this board do not the difference in coaching approach and acumen that currently exist between the 2 programs. Offensively and accountability wise.
Ok fair enough. Cam is also on a much better team as well. In his last few games last season when the team went I believe 2 - 6 , he didn't play well. To his defense neither did the rest of the team. No one faults him for leaving, just how he did it. Cam hasn't changed as a player, he's surrounded by stars, no comparison to when he was here. My post was towards the op. Weird post to get clicks. It worked.

Ok fair enough. Cam is also on a much better team as well. In his last few games last season when the team went I believe 2 - 6 , he didn't play well. To his defense neither did the rest of the team. No one faults him for leaving, just how he did it. Cam hasn't changed as a player, he's surrounded by stars, no comparison to when he was here. My post was towards the op. Weird post to get clicks. It worked.

He’s having a better season there than he did here. Can’t hurt his draft stock having commentators gushing over his game in the final four than in obscurity during a lost season on the banks.

He’s having a better season there than he did here. Can’t hurt his draft stock having commentators gushing over his game in the final four than in obscurity during a lost season on the banks.
Show me where he's having a better season stat wise. He's absolutely having a better season team wise, that's obvious. His exposure is also increased. I have no idea where and if he'll be drafted or how high. I see the same Cam on a better team, not a better Cam. And bashing Pike for that has gotten old.

Reactions: JavaDunk18
Show me where he's having a better season stat wise. He's absolutely having a better season team wise, that's obvious. His exposure is also increased. I have no idea where and if he'll be drafted or how high. I see the same Cam on a better team, not a better Cam. And bashing Pike for that has gotten old.

More ppg, apg, rpg and shooting at a slightly better clip across the board. He’s projected as a second rounder.

Did you even look?

More ppg, apg, rpg and shooting at a slightly better clip across the board. He’s projected as a second rounder.

Did you even look?
Derek Simpson had greater improvement in ppg, rpg, and apg than Spencer had this past year. It’s funny how stats — even if true — can be meaningless.

Spencer’s numbers only improved marginally and certainly no more than you would expect for an upperclassman. He didn’t make some crazy jump like AJ Storr, Clingan, etc. We all saw him play last year. He really isn’t any different as a player. He’s simply on a much better team so he’s been in national spotlight unlike he was for us the second part of last season.

Reactions: #1 RUFan

Did you even look?
I looked, did you? Ppg he has 14.3 this year and had 13.2 last year. Assists this year 3.7, last year 3.1. Rebounds this year 4.8, last year 3.8. He's also played 5 more games this year and 32.7 mins this year against 31.5 last year. Google espn stats for Spencer, all other sites are comparable. I have no idea why you jumped on me and whatever your defending Cam for. I stand by Hurley didn't make him better and bashing Pike is wrong. I also have no issue with Cam. But the love fest on here for a guy who screwed us, is on a better team, hasn't really gotten better stat wise, is kinda odd. But to each their own. This is a free board and there's a lot of posers on here.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Derek Simpson had greater improvement in ppg, rpg, and apg than Spencer had this past year. It’s funny how stats — even if true — can be meaningless.

Spencer’s numbers only improved marginally and certainly no more than you would expect for an upperclassman. He didn’t make some crazy jump like AJ Storr, Clingan, etc. We all saw him play last year. He really isn’t any different as a player. He’s simply on a much better team so he’s been in national spotlight unlike he was for us the second part of last season.
Thank you. Research will make a person look smarter and not looking foolish.

I looked, did you? Ppg he has 14.3 this year and had 13.2 last year. Assists this year 3.7, last year 3.1. Rebounds this year 4.8, last year 3.8. He's also played 5 more games this year and 32.7 mins this year against 31.5 last year. Google espn stats for Spencer, all other sites are comparable. I have no idea why you jumped on me and whatever your defending Cam for. I stand by Hurley didn't make him better and bashing Pike is wrong. I also have no issue with Cam. But the love fest on here for a guy who screwed us, is on a better team, hasn't really gotten better stat wise, is kinda odd. But to each their own. This is a free board and there's a lot of posers on here.

You’re arguing with yourself.

I’m neither praising Cam nor bashing Pike.

Just being honest that if someone approached me and offered me a few hundred grand and a realistic shot at winning a national title, I’d take it as would 99% of the folks on here.

The other 1% are either stupid rich or stupid morons.

You’re arguing with yourself.

I’m neither praising Cam nor bashing Pike.

Just being honest that if someone approached me and offered me a few hundred grand and a realistic shot at winning a national title, I’d take it as would 99% of the folks on here.

The other 1% are either stupid rich or stupid morons.
I wasn't blaming you, I was generally speaking. My bad on that. And I agree Cam made the right decision, he could have been more up front about it with Pike but that was his choice too. No one in their right mind should turn down that offer.

I wasn't blaming you, I was generally speaking. My bad on that. And I agree Cam made the right decision, he could have been more up front about it with Pike but that was his choice too. No one in their right mind should turn down that offer.

None of us really know what happened though, which is why I likened it to a headhunter calling. I’m not looking for a new job, but if a HH called with an opp to double my salary… I’d probably be gone, regardless of what I left behind. Were fans - but to the guys in the arena, it’s a business.

That all stated, we need rules in place to provide coaches and fans some confidence that the roster in May is the one you’re going into the fall with. Again, this is the NCAAs fault. I’ve got no resentment towards Cam - though I sure as shit am rooting for Purdue tonight.

None of us really know what happened though, which is why I likened it to a headhunter calling. I’m not looking for a new job, but if a HH called with an opp to double my salary… I’d probably be gone, regardless of what I left behind. Were fans - but to the guys in the arena, it’s a business.

That all stated, we need rules in place to provide coaches and fans some confidence that the roster in May is the one you’re going into the fall with. Again, this is the NCAAs fault. I’ve got no resentment towards Cam - though I sure as shit am rooting for Purdue tonight.
You keep coming back to this corp. Job jump thing. My corp. Experience is a company paying for your relocation or your tuition would require a repayment if you left like that and depending on the initial hire make you sign a non compete clause.

Your analogy fails short for specialized skills. Shame on Rutgers and the rest for not putting these common protections in place.

But your final paragraph is spot on.

True we don't know what really happened, but we do know he was expected back and he left late. Again his choice and the opportunity was there and he took it.

I agree we need rules, the portal and NCAA created this not the players. I'm rooting for Purdue as well, but to be honest that's a tall task. No pun intended lol.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
You keep coming back to this corp. Job jump thing. My corp. Experience is a company paying for your relocation or your tuition would require a repayment if you left like that and depending on the initial hire make you sign a non compete clause.

Your analogy fails short for specialized skills. Shame on Rutgers and the rest for not putting these common protections in place.

But your final paragraph is spot on.

Metaphorically, a noncompete would restrict you from playing in the same conference, not playing at all. I have specialized skills and I have a non-compete (which is a pain) - it has some restrictions, but doesn’t prevent me from working.

I’m all for bringing back the 1 year sit out rule though.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT