ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh's public whining about officiating

Mr_Twister

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2004
Is whining about officiating only OK when you win? Pretty tired here of Harbaugh's multi-day outcry over officiating last Saturday. When does the Big Ten tell him they've heard enough and move on? Maybe Harbaugh should hire a retired official for his staff -- he's got someone on his staff for everything else, including recruiting NJ.

Whining about whining? Why do people do this i cant take it when people whine about whining.

I don't mind it. I wish more would be said about bad officiating. For the amount of money schools pay coaches and staffs, and the massive media rights packages, etc... you'd think they could hire and train full time officials, rather than having part timers with day jobs.

You simply can't have games end like Miami/Duke because refs made multiple errors - that can have a major financial impact on the institutions involved, and to hang it on part time guys is a little ridiculous.

Reactions: lighty
Harbaugh is such a whiny little bitch. He's like the Tom Brady of CFB coaches (and i'm a Pats fan).

On Pepers TD 2 blocks in the back .......first one was out in flat the second one down field on lewis by olineman who pushes 2 hands in back to knock him to the ground then the OL jumps on Lewis. watch ESPN highlites. Also missed easy Facemask on Laviano on a sramble. What was amazing about no call was DL left game with injured hand from getting caught.in Lavs facegear.

he is successful.. I will give him that .. but yes... that whining and hypocrisy will catch up to him and back fire... love him at first, then they see him for what he is....

I know it's what Ray Lucas does, but there were several blatant missed defensive pass interference calls against Michigan. On a few of them, our receiver was mugged and/or shoved out of bounds.

He's used to the NFL and Pac-12 where you can't touch members of the other team. B1G officials let the kids play. Thank God!

Harbaugh's model was Bo Schembechler. Bo's model was Woody Hayes. I actually enjoy watching Harbaugh in action -- the guy accepts nothing but a 100% effort at winning. Bo won, Woody won, and Harbaugh will win a national championship at Michigan. Watch !

and, Go Cats !!

Yeah, like the Bogus targeting call that was thankfully withdrawn?

You do realize we were, IIRC, THE most penalized team in the nation until B1G play got underway, right? I'm still no so sure that should have been reversed, btw, I was shocked (happy, but shocked nonetheless....).

Reactions: lighty
Oh, sure, we should have been called for lots more, too. (though that was 100% a clean block, imo).

Like I said, though, I wish there were *more* talk about officiating. It's something of a taboo subject. So much time, money, and effort are put into every phase of this game - from practice facilities, recruiting lounges, scholarships, uniforms, stadiums, scoreboards, coaching salaries, audio/video production during games, filming/broadcasting, advertising, etc.... for the game to come down to a part time employee who needs a day job to pay the bills. It's crazy. It's like spending hundreds of millions of dollars on a space shuttle, then giving the astronauts Halloween costumes instead of space suits.

Harbaugh is such a whiny little bitch. He's like the Tom Brady of CFB coaches (and i'm a Pats fan).
losers are the worst bitches. you dont know the man and would never say a word to his face but you are really brave in mommies basement. now watch how you take offense to what i called you.

losers are the worst bitches. you dont know the man and would never say a word to his face but you are really brave in mommies basement. now watch how you take offense to what i called you.

Says pistol from his mommies basement!

Harbaugh's model was Bo Schembechler. Bo's model was Woody Hayes. I actually enjoy watching Harbaugh in action -- the guy accepts nothing but a 100% effort at winning. Bo won, Woody won, and Harbaugh will win a national championship at Michigan. Watch !

and, Go Cats !!

It will be a close race - as it has been in all of his previous positions - a race between championship & implosion. The intensity levels in this man create great accomplishments - and great instability. Famous or infamous - he often appears to be a fraction of an inch away from both.

Wouldn't mind whining all the way to national prominence. Beats using recycled cliches after a lopsided loss in postgame conferences on a weekly basis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT