ADVERTISEMENT

Hats off to Hafley

I always root for the guys who did well for us to do well. He’s got BCU with a winning record and recruiting well. Yea they are getting butchslapped by their big brother but they are on the upswing

He inherited a bowl team. BC under the other guy was always a 6-6 and 7-5. Then he got the ND transfer at QB. Quality pickup at the most important position. But yeah, he'll be a successful coach. You can tell, but it wasn't a rebuild, like so many other new coaching hires.

Last edited:
To be clear - Haftley inherited a team that went 6-6 before bowl season. He’s 5-4 now and plays in a league where one of the 2 teams RU managed to beat last year, Liberty (with a high school coach in Nunz) went 2-0 this year. Don’t give me that Liberty is ranked. That’s BS - they are ranked for beating Syracuse and VTech who aren’t good. By the way - Boston College actually lost to VTech.

Illinois isn’t good either - ok. Not at all. But remember Williams didn’t play last week against Minnesota. Along with 7 other players (note the correction - they got back 8 of 10) they got back including their starting center. The Illini lost to Purdue by one score and lost their 3rd string QB midway through that game. If their 4th string non runner QB played yesterday the Illini wouldn’t have scored. Does anyone doubt that? Without that play they were lost.

It was a bad, diasappointing loss. There’s no question. But the GS starting point is and always has been miles off from where BC is at.

Last edited:
I always root for the guys who did well for us to do well. He’s got BCU with a winning record and recruiting well. Yea they are getting butchslapped by their big brother but they are on the upswing

I like your posts generally but this is just being purposely d$ckish after a tough loss. Be better than that. You didn't want GS, get over it and support the rebuild.

Wouldn't look too much into BC's W-L in the ACC, which is probably the 6th or 7th best conference in the country.

Yeah with 3 teams in the Top 10------7th sounds about right.

No need to get into how their Champion took out the Big Ten Champion in last years Playoffs either.

Thought the title was reminiscent of “ Hats off to Larry” by Del Shannon... I was ready to break off in song verse.

Cali, I am usually with you, but this is not your best work lol. Remember what those liars were doing to us and the other Big East schools during those conference and TV meetings? Be very happy about the Rodkin Center—opening is down to weeks instead of months.

F' Halfley...fully!

Posting a positive thread about the competition (e.g. Peds, Fredo etc. ) seems fruitless!

MO

The acc blows but they are still 5-4 after tonight. Wed take that in a heartbeat.
If we played out OOC we would be 4-3 today. BIG is much tougher than ACC. What’s your point?
PS I’m not rooting against Hafley but just stating the facts.

Yeah with 3 teams in the Top 10------7th sounds about right.

No need to get into how their Champion took out the Big Ten Champion in last years Playoffs either.

Sure Clemson won, but that was with a lot of help from the refs and an injured Fields.

I hope ND makes the playoff so the Buckeyes can blow them out like they do every time they play. 😀

Reactions: NotInRHouse
1. Notre lame sucks (just has to be said)
2. It’s funny how easy feathers are ruffled in these parts
3. Notre lame still sucks
4. State penn blows (has nothing to do with their record)
5. We will beat the fighting harbaughs
6. ...and to end, northern Indianas “as far from real Irish as it gets” college blows in case that wasn’t clear.

He inherited a bowl team. BC under the other guy was always a 6-6 and 7-5. Then he got the ND transfer at QB. Quality pickup at the most important position. But yeah, he'll be a successful coach. You can tell, but it wasn't a rebuild, like so many other new coaching hires.
When you lose AJ Dillon. Its a rebuild. He's literally been their offense the last 3 years. Offensive line was the best thing he inherited. He had to recruit transfers just like Greg did. That's why its a re build.

Last edited:
He's a fake Rutgers fan.

Here we go again. NO, HE IS NOT A "fake Rutgers fan." I honestly wonder where some of you guys get this crap from?? I went to school AT RUTGERS with Cali. I went to sporting events AT RUTGERS with Cali. I've been to sporting events RUTGERS has been involved in, since graduation, with Cali. Cali PLAYED A SPORT AT RUTGERS and we both graduated FROM RUTGERS. He is a HUGE athletic supporter and always will be. Sometimes, like me, he simply chooses to tell it like it is (or how he feels) JUST LIKE everyone else on this board.

*** FYI - for a year or two now there has been 100% FALSE information being spread on these boards, about Cali, (apparently) from a moderator to some Cali-hating posters - who incessantly spewed it on the CE board the last year or two - hence my babbling above in response to you. Sorry buddy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
Here we go again. NO, HE IS NOT A "fake Rutgers fan." I honestly wonder where some of you guys get this crap from?? I went to school AT RUTGERS with Cali. I went to sporting events AT RUTGERS with Cali. I've been to sporting events RUTGERS has been involved in, since graduation, with Cali. Cali PLAYED A SPORT AT RUTGERS and we both graduated FROM RUTGERS. He is a HUGE athletic supporter and always will be. Sometimes, like me, he simply chooses to tell it like it is (or how he feels) JUST LIKE everyone else on this board.

*** FYI - for a year or two now there has been 100% FALSE information being spread on these boards, about Cali, (apparently) from a moderator to some Cali-hating posters - who incessantly spewed it on the CE board the last year or two - hence my babbling above in response to you. Sorry buddy.

😷

Reactions: NotInRHouse

Great defense of Cali and I commend you for speaking out the way you did.
In my opinion calling Cali a fake fan might have to do with the way he has posted political opinions and that shouldn't be brought into how he feels about RU FB or any sport when fanhood is being talked about.
I disagree with Cali a lot, but never will disagree with him when he says he cares about Rutgers .
I'll just demand those who put a ? next to his caring either put up proof backing their accusation or STFU.

edit: liking a H coach , for a school that recruits in the same area as RU, who helped RU FB become a good program when he was a RU coach doesn;t prove Cali isn't a true RU supporter, just shows he can still appreciate the way someone helped Rutgers after they left the program , no matter what their current position is.

Last edited:
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
BTW - give us BC's Offensive Line and we're 3-1.
Give us BC's QB and we're 3-1. Our Oline hasn't been doing too bad, QB pressures have come from a TE group which can't block or RB not picking up outside delayed blitz.

As far as running, same story different dance. When you have Noodle arm for your QB throwing softballs and missing the broadside of the barn, teams will overload the box.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Great defense of Cali and I commend you for speaking out the way you did.
In my opinion calling Cali a fake fan might have to do with the way he has posted political opinions and that shouldn't be brought into how he feels about RU FB or any sport when fanhood is being talked about.
I disagree with Cali a lot, but never will disagree with him when he says he cares about Rutgers .
I'll just demand those who put a ? next to his caring either put up proof backing their accusation or STFU.

edit: liking a H coach , for a school that recruits in the same area as RU, who helped RU FB become a good program when he was a RU coach doesn;t prove Cali isn't a true RU supporter, just shows he can still appreciate the way someone helped Rutgers after they left the program , no matter what their current position is.
Cali is a huge fan of Rutgers, he just hates Schiano for how he treated lacrosse. He's told the story before on the other sports board. It has nothing to do with his respect of Hafley he just wants someone to show Schiano up.

Cali is a huge fan of Rutgers, he just hates Schiano for how he treated lacrosse. He's told the story before on the other sports board. It has nothing to do with his respect of Hafley he just wants someone to show Schiano up.

He would take RU football being good again over his dislike of Greg. I promise you that.

He would take RU football being good again over his dislike of Greg. I promise you that.
Understand that, but what was done was done. The loss happened, it was the perfect opportunity to take a little dig at his lacrosse arch nemesis. Nuts it wasn't his only dig that night and I called him out on another thread about it. And for the record I do agree a lot with Cali and think he's a fine poster. But last Saturday night he had it out for Schiano.

Just noticed Hafley put together a great class at BC this year as many expected, but very much a national recruiting effort, not much overlap with RU recruiting as was expected. I guess Hafley and Schiano can coexist.

Just noticed Hafley put together a great class at BC this year as many expected, but very much a national recruiting effort, not much overlap with RU recruiting as was expected. I guess Hafley and Schiano can coexist.
That's great, and for most of us, BC is an afterthought. Maybe @Caliknight can start more threads lathering up your coach.

The problem with BC is they have recruited to well with Hadley. Wish Jurkovic's girlfriend went to Rutgers.

Isn’t Cali knight rich and a big donor to Rutgers?
He is, just has bone to pick with Schiano cause he slighted his lacrosse team last go around. But NJBorn definitely isn't a Rutgers fan. He didn't just notice BC in his quest to bring this thread back from the dead. He's been posting about BC all the time on here.

Reactions: rondi
Well he did manage to do no worse than Addazio in his first year so that's good for him. Same record.

Cali, the misguided thread you started here is getting the same type of beatdown as you regularly get on the Current Events board. So great!!!
Says the guy everyone destroys. 47x. GS said he was ignoring me but follows me around like a lost dog. Post your address in whatever crap town you live in. Maybe I’ll send an autograph for your 7 crazy nights..

He is, just has bone to pick with Schiano cause he slighted his lacrosse team last go around. But NJBorn definitely isn't a Rutgers fan. He didn't just notice BC in his quest to bring this thread back from the dead. He's been posting about BC all the time on here.

Thanks for clarifying. Its clear with his posts he isnt rooting for GS, guess it goes back to the Lax angle

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT